Hello :)

Hi all I'm Steve from York and I have just been accepted for a 6000 pound loan to buy my first z :) I've had a few nice cars and am really looking forward to getting my first "proper" nissan (I currently drive my misses' 998 k11 micra). I started on classic minis and owned 6 or 7 between being 16 and 20, my last one was a 99 Cooper with 8 miles on the clock!! Shortly after buying this I realised a dream of owning an fd rx7 I had that for 2 amazing years and almost went down the rx8 route this time. I've also owned a second gen Mr2, a 1995 mazda mx3, a 1996 honda accord aerodeck and most recently an na mx5 1.8. I am so eX cited to be in a position to be buying a z I've loved them since they came out but never paid much attention as they were too much money till now :) hoping to find a 2005 car with less than 100,000 on the clock for around 5500. Fingers crossed.

A pleasure to already be part of what seems to be a very friendly and helpful community :)

Welcome :) It depends how fussy you are, I was searching for a facelift model ( 06 or newer ) For around £8-9k for over 8 months before I found one I was truly happy with, in the right colour for me, black, before I finally bit the bullet and got it last weekend. It only comes this weekend though :dry::rant:

She's an 07 on a '56 plate with 50k miles, 1 owner from new with full Nissan history, but that's a bit out of your budget.

I contemplated getting an 05 GT4 special edition for £6750 but really wanted the facelift instead, so they are definitely out there if you want to wait and search a bit longer to find the right one, and maybe up your budget a bit.

Long story short, you should find an 05 ish model, and circa 75k miles for that sorta money, just be patient. I'd take 10k + miles with full history over a badly maintained low miler any day.

What sort of distance are you willing to travel, and are you fussy on Convertible or coupe and colour?

The best one on the internet I could find right now <<<IN MY OPINION>>> is this one, although I'd worry about that part history!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201506284719621?model=350_z&page=1&make=nissan&sort=mileage&channel=cars&postcode=bh241sz&search-target=usedcars&radius=1500&onesearchad=used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew&price-to=6500&logcode=p

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome folk :) and thanks Mikevv I'm not too fussy on colour I definitely want a coupe not a roadster and I have some amazing friends so not too fussed about travelling 6000 is really my max could maybe go a little over if it was local ish but with tax and insurance to sort getting one under 6000 would be better but not essential. I am keen to get one but not in a huge rush would be nice to go down to japfest 2 in it but gonna make sure I get the right car as I plan on keeping it permanently :) thanks again everyone and I can't wait to be a proud owner :)

Is there somewhere for technical advice? I've found a 2003 UK car with 85000 miles and Good history near me and the garage has agreed to sell me it as a straight trade in for 4500 and the guy says it needs a clutch after some research I found out it never had the gearbox swapped when they did in 04 and he says it's crunching into 4 5 and 6 so I'm thinking the box or syncros are on the way out? Anyone know more about the gearboxes?

Welcome from another Mini fan. Mine is currently stripped back with various bits of new metal welded on, new camshaft, rockers, drop gears, diff & final drive... now ready for the paint shop...

But seeing as this is a Zed forum, I'll be placing an advert for mine as I want to sort out something a bit more practical before autumn as it's currently my daily. Bit of a trek from you as I'm in Cumbria but it would be within your price range and the gearbox doesn't crunch :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...