unsure about cars power

chrisday1990

I don't understand people who compare bikes and cars .... Just so different .

yea its like comparing a jetski and a speed boat

Two things with a hull and engine that go on water, pretty similar if you ask me :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

JetP - great reference - will study with interest not to mention bookmark :)

Re LS conversion, I love this engine for so many reasons and have looked into drop-in conversions with this unit before, in different cars, however whilst ironically it would be good for the Cerbera....the Cerbera engine would perhaps be more suitable in the Z...

Out of interest, anyone in UK do road going LS Z conversion for reasonable cost? - Anyone with roadcar videos of this? - How does engine weight compare?

Ls engine is lighter than the vq

I know wasso is building a ls3 road car but bizz has his ls3 bdc 350

'bdc' ? - is there a build thread for these? - Do you know where they are based in UK? - The Sikky conversion kit is quite a find, not cheap, but quality looking - not sure if there are any RHD issues

LS3Z......should be enough power :) - over 600bhp with stroker kit....gulp..

Ls engine is lighter than the vq

Always surprised to hear v8's being lighter than other engines, gm quote 403lbs, any idea on vq weight?

im guess thats will ancillaries attached as crate motors are about 340-350lbs

Maybe it wasnt the Vq that was heavier as thats around 330lbs in the same state looking on tinterwebs

Well the fastest bike I ever owned was a 900 fireblade back in the 90s. The bike that nearly killed me was a lowly zxr750. Three months after my accident I was still in a wheelchair. I should have got back on them as soon as I could but left it to long, I don't want that sort of pain again tbh my Z is plenty fast enough thanks :)

I had my big crash on a Kwack too, zx9c1....

Still, loved my bike days and consider myself lucky to have enjoyed it and come out the other side. Its also a good eye opener to potential hazards you probably wouldnt even notice in a car, also makes you realise trying to make progress in a car is a pretty futile task.

• Like 1

I still get the urge to ride again from time to time until the flashback kicks in and I agree with you Jetpilot they were good days. 15 of us did a euro tour one year, two months of some of the best roads and scenery coupled with good company camping and lots of beer:) Probably the best care free holiday I've ever had.

My Daily is a Golf R, runs rings around the Z all day, top end, acceleration, economy and handling, no contest the Golf wins them all.

Smiles per miles, well that's got to go to the Zed :)

I think this sums it up its how the car goes about its business and the Z does it in a raw gear know vibrating way...

Earlier in the year I did the evo triangle with some friends. We all had different cars. e36 328, 325d, m3, e90 320d civic type r and a near 400 BHP Mitsubishi 3000gt. on the motorway above 80 the 350z the M3 and the Mitsi where miles ahead but as soon as we got of and onto the twisty stuff we could not get away from the 325d (140 bhp if that) on a B road power doesn't make difference its all about who is most committed and willing to push the hardest.

I had a mini metro (showing my age now) way above 100.... couldn't pull away from it

I was towing it though :) sorry couldn't resist

Serious note like most people say all cars are quick its the person who bottles it first.... 350z all the way everyone looks at

the car and no one takes a blind bit of notice at a 1 series as just to many of them

• Like 1

no one takes a blind bit of notice at a 1 series as just to many of them

135i coupes currently taxed: 734

350Z currently taxed: just under 7000

fark_m3whC8RTVCLQS_0Pjvmbh1FVixo.png?t=M00SiR9v3svpTMgU3vj09A&f=1437364800

Forget the coupe thing they all have the same ugly mug front end. He said 1 series.I lost count at 24000 units and got as far as the 116d :) couldn't be arsed to add the others up. Common as muck.

Edited by Zeezeebaba

Earlier in the year I did the evo triangle with some friends. We all had different cars. e36 328, 325d, m3, e90 320d civic type r and a near 400 BHP Mitsubishi 3000gt. on the motorway above 80 the 350z the M3 and the Mitsi where miles ahead but as soon as we got of and onto the twisty stuff we could not get away from the 325d (140 bhp if that) on a B road power doesn't make difference its all about who is most committed and willing to push the hardest.

I'd have expected a 325D (with a remap I suppose) to keep up with a Zed on the motorway and for you to lose him on the twisty stuff. Zed seems to be no match for these Bimmers and Audi's nowadays.