unsure about cars power

chrisday1990

On the way home from having an Uprev done last Monday I was able to keep up with an F-Type jaguar, even from acceleration. He clearly knew I was behind him and was giving it the beans. He started weaving in and out of traffic which at that point I backed off.

His car probably cost 60k more than mine and is probably thinking the same as you.

• Like 1

On the way home from having an Uprev done last Monday I was able to keep up with an F-Type jaguar, even from acceleration. He clearly knew I was behind him and was giving it the beans. He started weaving in and out of traffic which at that point I backed off.

His car probably cost 60k more than mine and is probably thinking the same as you.

Although he is driving probably the nicest looking modern car on the road at the moment and we're in reasonably priced Japanese coupes :D

• Like 1

Although he is driving probably the nicest looking modern car on the road at the moment and we're in reasonably priced Japanese coupes :D

I agree they are gorgeous cars, but, I bet he was gutted he couldnt get away from a "reasonably priced japanese coupe" In his 60k Jaguar ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

I agree they are gorgeous cars, but, I bet he was gutted he couldnt get away from a "reasonably priced japanese coupe" In his 60k Jaguar ;)

I suppose, personally I'd just be cruising around in my F Type giving zero percent about what's around me, purely for the fact that I was sat in an F Type.

..shame the guys who designed the front and rear of the F Type had a falling out and deliberately tried to design their end not to match the other... the back is unforgivably awful whilst the front continues to ape the Aston styling (too wide mind)..

no one takes a blind bit of notice at a 1 series as just to many of them

135i coupes currently taxed: 734

350Z currently taxed: just under 7000

fark_m3whC8RTVCLQS_0Pjvmbh1FVixo.png?t=M00SiR9v3svpTMgU3vj09A&f=1437364800

Forget the coupe thing they all have the same ugly mug front end. He said 1 series.I lost count at 24000 units and got as far as the 116d :) couldn't be arsed to add the others up. Common as muck.

Sorry Guys just meant in general the 1 series, if less coupes then cool as i honestly do not like them, but then again thats own personal choice, i just like japanese cars...

Think how much better is they used a 350z HR ������ on the top gear track under the new format and called it the reasonable second hand buyers car

I agree -its stupid using the cars they do - 'our GT car for less than price of a Liana?'

• Like 1

Should imagine your closer to 1550kg :) so on or around 300 bhp per ton :)

Probably more , as I have heavy wheels , heavy brakes and a heavy charger install

Just got to weigh my zed with the above all fitted ....... Inc 3/4 tank of fuel , I was bang on 1600kg......which although being pretty heavy I'm pleased with considering what I've added . Only think I've taken out is the spare wheel .

Should imagine your closer to 1550kg :) so on or around 300 bhp per ton :)

Probably more , as I have heavy wheels , heavy brakes and a heavy charger install

Just got to weigh my zed with the above all fitted ....... Inc 3/4 tank of fuel , I was bang on 1600kg......which although being pretty heavy I'm pleased with considering what I've added . Only think I've taken out is the spare wheel .

Interesting and good to know, i had my jdm weighed at 1450kg, that included a weighty sub box, no spare wheel also etc. Will get my supercharged one weighed when its on the road as a comparison.

• Like 1

My akabono brakes are heavy and as mine is the stillen charger set up ( for HR and 70's ) it runs a rad filled with water . I guess the 3/4 of fuel would be around 40kg? Also running an extra 2 litres of oil inc a large oil cooler ....

I was expecting 1700 to be honest !

That makes me 290 per tonne ..... Happy with that :)

My akabono brakes are heavy and as mine is the stillen charger set up ( for HR and 70's ) it runs a rad filled with water . I guess the 3/4 of fuel would be around 40kg? Also running an extra 2 litres of oil inc a large oil cooler ....

Great bhp per tonne, take a look at the list linked, some proper machinery with that sort of figure :)

Never thought about just a std intercooler rather than charge cooler?

Edited by Jetpilot

Great bhp per tonne, take a look at the list linked, some proper machinery with that sort of figure :)

That's the only way I can justify the cost of doing it all :)

You didnt manage to get the weight difference between the brakes did you?

No I didn't mate .... Calipers there's not a lot in it , it's the discs that are crazy heavy .... If I were doing it again I'd go for the 2pc disc set up as they are meant to be a lot lighter . I reckon the new brakes set up added around 10-15 kg compared to standard brembo set up , but imo they are far better .

Makes me smile every time when I see people in here saying LS conversion is so easy... Is expensive and complicated as hell when you're not somebody like Bizz or DarrenB in here. Is not like you just buy an LS engine, plug and play and here we go. The Sikky headers are made for LSD cars from I remember and don't fir the RHD cars, so you need custom headers, along ECU, wiring looms, new dash etc

Just my 2 penny :)

• Like 1