wales 2015 back home

What a great weekend, Perfect weather, great company and some fantastic examples of 350 & 370's

Just like to say a particular big thank you to Mudman, the weekend was well organised and the drives were great, even the joke last night was quite funny !!!

Also great to see so many new and familiar faces, and as for the amber group it was well lead by Arthur (sorry I can't remember your forum name) with some really good detours, especially round lake vernwy.

I feel I have come away from Wales having made several new friends and hope to meet many of you again.

Wendy, my wife thinks you are mad/brave in equal measures for your overtaking ! Bradders, all of us appreciated your efforts at using your engine oil to enhance our rust protection !

All the best and see you soon.

P. S. I was too busy keeping up to take photos and my wife had her eyes closed most of the time, there will be plenty of photos I'm sure.

• Like 13

Dave it was great to meet you :) had a great time this weekend, the horseshoe pass was well worth the extra few hours! I have to agree that Arthur led the group very well and picked some great roads, especially for his first time in Wales. I've got a few pics and vids to post up so will get round to it over the next couple of day.

Big thanks to Rob, aka Mudman for organising the event as well. Look forward to it again next year!

Over 800 miles and £200 of fuel in 2 days but well worth it :thumbs:

• Like 3

That was one seriously good weekend. :teeth:

I am so glad I took last week off work to nurse my back so I could make it.

Rob (Mudman) - A big thank you, well organised. I know its alot of work.

It was nice we had an adult in the mix to oversee us all and keep us in check - well the others - not me of course . Thanks Andy !

Dave (davedutch) - What your wife was not aware of - was the radio's we had between several cars !!! These overtakes could not have been done without them and the building of trust in the others who had them too. Even then all of us had to reassured over and over. I really think every person in a convoy should have them - they make a huge difference for my enjoyment anyway. I am sure the others around me were worse anyway- Did you see the Paul & Ryan antics, and Bradders ?? !!!

Infact even you - Nutters the lot of you ?? !! I loved the drive outs.

Arthur - excellent leading from my part, top man for taking that role.

I really appreciated the extra stops we made so I could stretch out. :thumbs:

I too felt I have made some good new friends this weekend. :)

I was a little anxious to turn up alone, so nice that everyone was so welcoming.

Look forward to catching up with you all again soon.

Off to look at The Lakes weekend now...........

Edited by Wendy
  • Like 4

Really nice to meet everyone, had an Epic time. Last year Wales was rather wet, this year it was dry and SERIOUSLY FAST! I am still amazed at how fast the Z can go around corners, grip really is fantastic.

The driving is great it Wales but also it is the people who come and the friendliness of everyone that truly makes the event.

Some special thanks

Mudman (Rob) – Thanks for organising the weekend, a lot of planning went on for this to happen and it was very much appreciated. Congratulations & Thanks. :teeth:

Arthur – Fairplay you led our group for two days and personally you did a great job, the extra bits we saw is what makes the trip even better. You are supposed to see things others didn’t. :D Thanks and I would be more than happy to ride in your group again.

Chirag – Happy to swap my touring wheels for your Rays whenever you want! :stir:

Wendy – You are a legend, thanks for the Le-Mans tips.

Sarah (Squee) - Thanks for the ride with the buddyclub singing away, will be keeping a look out for sure.

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Bhav

P.s. Think my brakes need replacing!!! :wacko:

Edited by monkeybrain1234
  • Like 2

A huge thank you to mudman and ioneabe for organising everything,

Myself and Ryan have had a truly amazing and exhilarating weekend.

Meeting everyone and sharing our experiences was also soo much fun.

I have to agree with Wendy with regard to using the Walkie talkies to communicate directions.

As for any antics,,,,,, I haven't a clue???

Arthur thank you for leading the Amber group.

Can't wait to see all the photos/video of the cars taken by the roadside a big thank you to the photographic team .

So what's the next meet up??

Personally I would like to see the forum arrange a track day outing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

+1 or +3 as sure be more post but everyone has said the same which its been an epic weekender and has for the drives out I will be do them again for sure as living on the border has its plus points..! :D :D

The people I met and apologies for the ones I didn't get to chat to in the other groups and the pepole I did to many to mention and no offence intended but terrible with rembering names :lol:

Big thanks I must say to Rob (mudman) and Andy (inonebee) our group leader a great one as well :)

Cannot say more than already has been said but a hugge thanks to everyone and i mean everyone for making my weekend so epic!! and the car lived!! 816 miles in total, £160 in fuel, some brown pants moments and memories to last a lifetime!!

The best drive out i have ever had in my zed and its brought me to a new level of trust with the car, i now know that the limits on the zed are 100% higher than i ever thought!

Zeds are epic.

Zed people are epic'er!

Was a superb weekend.

Edited by -Bradders-
  • Like 7

Wendy, I don't know what you are talking about with regards my overtaking !!! My Co pilot didn't see anything amiss. Mind you her knuckles were rather white at times.

I think we should look at a trip to Scotland but it would need to be more than a weekend and need help from those North of the border To arrange.

Experiences like last weekend are what the Z is for and I can't remember the last time a police car pulled off the road just so i/we could pass !

• Like 2

Wendy, I don't know what you are talking about with regards my overtaking !!! My Co pilot didn't see anything amiss. Mind you her knuckles were rather white at times.

I think we should look at a trip to Scotland but it would need to be more than a weekend and need help from those North of the border To arrange.

Experiences like last weekend are what the Z is for and I can't remember the last time a police car pulled off the road just so i/we could pass !

I stupidly didnt wait for them to pull off for us lol, i went round them on a sharp bend :lol: (which was open flat road i could see ahead for about a mile) before anyone moans lol.

• Like 1

Can't wait to see all the photos/video of the cars taken by the roadside a big thank you to the photographic team .

Another weekend in Wales ruined by idiots in Zeds!! Seriously, how many fecking times were you lot getting in the way of the fantastic scenic films myself and Lydia were taking? I think i have about 3 usable videos that highlight the magnificent Welsh countryside....the rest all seem to have noisy Zed's passing thru them B)

Will get stuff edited over the next week or so - most likely same as last year - placed onto a hidden YouTube link so only 350z forum members can watch them (nothing illegal - but lots of number plates etc so i wont make it public)

Great weekend - thanks to Mudman for organising, Ioneabee and others for helping with the groups, the traders for the donations, Squee for the T Shirts, and everyone for turning up! [i bet i have forgotten some folks, sorry!] We even had a special guest appearance by Chris "I live round the corner" S - who assisted Ioneabee with some messages of encouragement when he was polishing his car..... :teeth:

Edited by andyvvc
  • Like 5

Sounds like everyone had a blast. Hope its gonna happen next year too so I can come. Looking forward to the pics. Brecon Beacons are almost on my doorstep and know them well. Glad you liked the roads :teeth:

Epic - better than the original meets. Thanks for coming to my playground.... :lol:

Who else agrees the evo triangle is over-rated, too many ditches for my liking. Took a lovely drive from Denbigh to the Horshoe pass some fantastic twisties there. Photos & dash cams to follow!

Epic - better than the original meets. Thanks for coming to my playground.... :lol:

Who else agrees the evo triangle is over-rated, too many ditches for my liking. Took a lovely drive from Denbigh to the Horshoe pass some fantastic twisties there. Photos & dash cams to follow!

I agree it is over-rated. Drove some better roads just getting there thanks to Nissan Sat Nav that was obviously calibrated to 'most fun route' rather than 'quickest route'.

Must pop over to Wales more often though to 'remind' myself why I bought a 350Z. Have fallen in love with the car all over again.

I agree it is over-rated. Drove some better roads just getting there thanks to Nissan Sat Nav that was obviously calibrated to 'most fun route' rather than 'quickest route'.

Must pop over to Wales more often though to 'remind' myself why I bought a 350Z. Have fallen in love with the car all over again.

I'm sorry I couldn't attend now - that sounded a top weekend. :) Maybe next year. Talking of nice roads round there, and you locals will know this one, my fave in the Zed is the A487 then the A499 coming out the back of Caernarfon to Pwlheli when you can really get into the 'groove' of the Zed's GT qualities. Ummmm that's a beautiful piece of tarmac :teeth:

..........too many ditches and too many plod as well.

Last year, seem to remember long sweeping bends and you could see for miles. This time, lots of blind crests and camera gear, phones, wash buckets etc hitting me on the side of the head and getting thrown all over the cabin. :shrug:

• Like 1

I have always found the triangle perfectly accpetable but then I haven't been in any ditches :D

I have always found the triangle perfectly accpetable but then I haven't been in any ditches :D

Surprisingly... since you're using the Nakang tyres according to your signature from TapaTalk :(

Thank you! :lol: