wales 2015 back home

If you did the full Sunday you did the Triangle, The now named confused sheep loop (ask Shezza and Shenley !) Festiniog to Ysbyty Ifan and the Horseshoe pass. All in 1 day. Bonus!

Who else agrees the evo triangle is over-rated, too many ditches for my liking.

Just give your keys to ChrisS and passenger him as the local EVO triangle guide, and he will show how it is to be enjoyed and watching his lines rather than the ditches ;):lol:

• Like 1

I didnt hit any ditches, and was making amazing speed and turns, i thought it was great. better than any roads i've been down before! although Arthur's leading skills on his sat nav found us some even greater ones!

• Like 2

I was definitely more confident this year than last, especially as the roads were drier! Was able to brake later and accelerate out of the corners with more traction. Girlfriend also gave me feedback saying she felt I was in more control of the car this year as well :thumbs:

• Like 2

If you did the full Sunday you did the Triangle, The now named confused sheep loop (ask Shezza and Shenley !) Festiniog to Ysbyty Ifan and the Horseshoe pass. All in 1 day. Bonus!

Tell me about it ! Louise thought the lambs were cute and wanted to take them home. Soon got my foot down again and got out of there! Haha

Wow!! What a fantastic weekend!

A big thank you to Rob(Mudman)for all your hard work making the the weekend a great success.

Also thank you to everyone for making us very welcome,all you guys are great and so are your cars!

Got some fantastic advice,learnt loads about driving my car and thanks to Steve and Dan for the tips.

Hope to see you all again soon.

Cheers

Edited by Stoker11
  • Like 2

For me the car was too low in parts of the evo triangle to enjoy it so slowed through parts, the best roads were when we left the castle for the horse shoe pass, smoother twisty fast roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just give your keys to ChrisS and passenger him as the local EVO triangle guide, and he will show how it is to be enjoyed and watching his lines rather than the ditches ;):lol:

Sadly the ET can only be done 'properly' at about 5 or 6 am or 9 or 10 pm these days. Too many tourists and some police 'training'.

• Like 1

Sadly the ET can only be done 'properly' at about 5 or 6 am or 9 or 10 pm these days. Too many tourists and some police 'training'.

I didn't have any problems in the Porker..... all the noisy Zeds must have scared the tourists off! :lol:

• Like 3

I chased off the fiesta and then nearly knocked that little red peugot out of the way :scare:

Yep where's that dashcam footage ?

I've checked mine and its errr not for release at this stage :blush:

Edited by Mudman

I chased off the fiesta and then nearly knocked that little red peugot out of the way :scare:

Yep where's that dashcam footage ?

I've checked mine and its errr not for release at this stage :blush:

Wish i'd had a dash cam for that bit haha

Triangle felt more fun last year because it was slightly more challenging in the wet, also the Peleton really slowed the clockwise run down a bit this year. This was my first ever anti clockwise run and I agree with earlier comment anti clock is more fun.

Edited by davedutch

Who else agrees the evo triangle is over-rated, too many ditches for my liking. Took a lovely drive from Denbigh to the Horshoe pass some fantastic twisties there.

The triangle is over hyped rather than overrated. Has some great parts like the forest section and the wide open sections around The Sportsmans Arms are pretty intense but there are roads within easy reach that for some reason never get included in the drive outs, like for example the A525 over The Bwlch, The Llandegla Moors or the Mold to Ruthin road over The Clwyd Gate.

Pete

I really enjoyed the triangle - last time was in a transit minibus!

We had a clear clockwise - got some good footage on the dashcam of the earlier group passing us anti clockwise so will try to get that up once I get my personal admin under control