95% new member South London

Hi all

Put down a deposit for this baby, thought it would be madness not to check with you guys first but I think it's a decent

shout!

http://www.kestrelautomobiles.com/used-cars-tolworth-surrey/used-NISSAN-350%20Z-Tolworth-Surrey-628849

Went to see it and i'm feeling pretty confident but I have a few niggling doubts, if anyone could put my mind at rest

that would be great!

I checked the tyres, 2 new Dunlop's on the front 2 obscure brand tyres on the rear. I wasn't born yesterday but is

excessive revving and sideways-ness to be concerned about?

The drivers seat looks a little trashed on the side nearest the door, is this common? The car only has 65000 miles which

seems verified by vosa which puts my mind at rest about fiddling.

It missed 2006 by a month or so, it's the 276 BHP version - am I missing out on a great deal? Is it worth the extra £250

road tax?

Thanks in advance guys, looking forward to ownership and membership!

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Literally just wrote this for another new member with mismatched tyres a minute ago ~ The problem will be with mismatched tyres front to rear is it is never a good idea as it can unbalance the car.

The reason being that different tread patterns on the tyres, wear rates, grip levels/traction etc can all be different between tyres/manufacturers so will affect stability & control.

It's definitely better, sorry I mean safer, to have all four tyres from the same manufacturer/brand/model so probably best to change when you can although as long as you're not driving like a complete lunatic I doubt it will cause you any immediate problems but it is something to think about doing when you can.

The drivers seat bolster wearing I guess will vary between cars & the previous owners it's had. Eg: if the previous owner was a large person who got in & out of the car a lot he may have worn the bolster more than say a slimmer guy who maybe struggled less getting in & out (hope that makes sense).

I don't think you're missing much from the next model up tbh and as long as you're pleased with the car that's all that matters. Performance wise there's nothing in it. ;)

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Literally just wrote this for another new member with mismatched tyres a minute ago ~ The problem will be with mismatched tyres front to rear is it is never a good idea as it can unbalance the car.

The r....

Hey mate, thanks for getting back to me!

With regards to the tyres, I was more worried that previous owner has probably been sending it sideways quite a lot and

possibly even tracked.

I've done a bit of research and there doesn't seem to be a great deal of engine problems just worried about

anything else that might have taken a hammering?

Also, how do you feel it's priced?

Price looks about right for a dealer; perhaps a touch high due to the lack of Rays wheels, cheap & mismatched tyres and bolster wear on the seat but not by much (if any really, after a bit negotiating).

I wouldn't worry too much about the tyre wear, it'll naturally munch rear tyres quicker than fronts no matter how you use it.

The bolster wear would irritate me personally, but if it's just cosmetic it wouldn't be a deal breaker - rather just another bargaining point.

I probably missed this bit, but what's the service history like?

I probably missed this bit, but what's the service history like?

It's full service history although no receipts, only stamps.

I'm going to ask for proof of the cambelt change too!

That'll be difficult as the 350 doesn't have a cambelt, ...it has a chain. ;)

Shouldn't need to worry about that at all. :D

It's full service history although no receipts, only stamps.

I'm going to ask for proof of the cambelt change too!

That's good then, at least it's been looked after. There's no cambelt to change on these though. ;)

ETA; Curses, beaten to it. :lol:

Edited by ilogikal1

:welcome: to the forum.

Never been a fan of the rev up engine (oil gussler) so you are all good with the 276.

Ditch those oem base rims for Rays or after market.

Price is okay from a dealer providing they have given you a proper warranty.

Enjoy. :teeth:

Alex. :)

Welcome to the club.

Most had been said already above. If you haven't already looked in buyers guide on here have a look for the common faults.

Regarding the service history, if there aren't any receipts, get the service book and call the garages that are stamped to confirm the work carried out. If the service book says cambelt changed as the advert does, then I'd be a bit more concerned and look into the history in a bit more detail.

Use the cheap tyres as a bargaining point or get them changed. The leather can be easily repaired /dyed using a Gliptone kit.

Awesomesauce another london zed

Price wise it's pretty bang on the money dealer wise. I got mine a couple weeks ago, same colour, same engine, 61k miles. The only difference is I got the Rays with mine

Welcome,

I'm a new member too

Great cars these, but often suffer from some abuse and penny pinching

I had a variety of tyres on mine when I bought it and it slid all over the place

Fitted 4 new Goodyear Eagle F1s after reading good reviews and it sticks like spit to a blanket now

Make sure you have good oil pressure mine was terrible and took a fair bit to sort out

• 3 weeks later...