What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Then got sidetracked yet again after learning that some software house made an attempt to replicate one of my favourite games from the past, Syndicate, and released under the name Satellite Reign. Which looks nice, but ain't finished the tutorial yet.

The Bullfrog Syndicate? Goddamn, I loved that game! I might have to do some snooping to find this remake...

Yup, the Bullfrog Syndicate

Looks epic - can't wait to dig it up!

Rocket League is only fun until you start getting good at it. After that it's just 5 minutes of infuriating agony because your teammates have the collective skill of a soggy newspaper. Enjoy it whilst you can!

I was looking at xcom however I'd need a new graphics card and I'm not sure if nostalgia is skewing my view of the game.

How true to the original Amiga version is it?

Oh dear.........

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I was looking at xcom however I'd need a new graphics card and I'm not sure if nostalgia is skewing my view of the game.

Oh dear.........

Please elaborate.....

Oh dear.........

Please elaborate.....

I can't I'm still laughing too hard.....

Oh dear.........

Please elaborate.....

It's still turn based......

You do need to play the pc remake of enemy unknown first so you get used to the difficulty and game dynamic...after that it's a doddle...

Oh dear.........

Please elaborate.....

You do need to play the pc remake of enemy unknown first so you get used to the difficulty and game dynamic...after that it's a doddle...

Yes I know it's turn based and the pc game was derived from the Amiga "enemy Unknown" original ;)

What I meant was they got the difficulty/ambience and gameplay right in the original enemy unknown game, later PC versions just didn't "feel" right.

So my question about Amiga nostalgia still stands.

Edit: actually just read that the Amiga version was dos port... Wow didn't realise that, also can't believe it was released in 1994.

Edited by Fodder

Oh dear.........

Please elaborate.....

Yes I know it's turn based and the pc game was derived from the Amiga "enemy Unknown" original ;)

What I meant was they got the difficulty/ambience and gameplay right in the original enemy unknown game, later PC versions just didn't "feel" right.

So my question about Amiga nostalgia still stands.

Ambiance ie sound effects ...score of impending doom...not knowing where the enemy is. .....yes...unit upgrades are better than the first as not so over powered...IMHO cut scenes between missions are meh. ..story is excellent. ..

My main gripe with XCOM2 is its done away with the previous games principle of "set up base, scramble interceptors to shoot down UFO's, send in a mop up crew". Now its just a bunch of pre-scripted missions, they seem to have done away with vehicles too unless im not far enough in to have unlocked them?

Still a great game tho.

My main gripe with XCOM2 is its done away with the previous games principle of "set up base, scramble interceptors to shoot down UFO's, send in a mop up crew". Now its just a bunch of pre-scripted missions, they seem to have done away with vehicles too unless im not far enough in to have unlocked them?

Still a great game tho.

Yeah I keep waiting for the interceptor mission. ....

I picked up Satellite Reign on the cheap last night as Steam are having some kind of moon-based sale. It's going to take some getting used to, but i'll give it a fair shot. The only problem it has is that I also picked up FM16 at the same time and I feel that that is going to take up most, if not all, of my PC gaming time...

That's the ticket!

I just about cleared the tutorial and then all hell broke loose. It started with me hacking an ATM and then before you know it all of my agents are going AWOL and not listening to commands as I'm ambushed by about 17 enemy units.

Still a great game tho.

Interestingly I just got shot down with an EM Pulse

• Like 1