Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Leosille

I didn't watch it, IMO boxing has had it's day.

I doubt that I could name 6 current boxers, back in the 80's I could have reeled off 30 names easily. I don't use pay to view either where boxing seems to have migrated to in the last few years.

Pete

• Like 1

I love boxing but I wasn't interested in staying up all night to watch that. Figured Mayweather would win on points but Manny was surprisingly disappointing. He claims he has had shoulder problems, which I believe, but I don't think he would beat Mayweather even on his best day. I don't think Khan would get anywhere near Mayweather either.

Mayweather may be the best boxer of his generation but he is hated by boxing fans. To be booed into the ring by fellow Americans says everything.

I love boxing but I wasn't interested in staying up all night to watch that. Figured Mayweather would win on points but Manny was surprisingly disappointing. He claims he has had shoulder problems, which I believe, but I don't think he would beat Mayweather even on his best day. I don't think Khan would get anywhere near Mayweather either.

Mayweather may be the best boxer of his generation but he is hated by boxing fans. To be booed into the ring by fellow Americans says everything.

isnt Vegas supposed to be his "home" venue too!

I actually think Khan is the only boxer that could beat him, September is suppose to be Mayweathers last fight date but Khan will be fasting so won't be able to fight then.

I actually think Khan is the only boxer that could beat him, September is suppose to be Mayweathers last fight date but Khan will be fasting so won't be able to fight then.

Khan wouldnt know what hit him, total gulf in class there. Mayweather has beaten everyone who has come up against him, but I think he missed out on being the "greatest" by waiting too long to fight Manny

Khan wouldnt know what hit him, total gulf in class there. Mayweather has beaten everyone who has come up against him, but I think he missed out on being the "greatest" by waiting too long to fight Manny

I disagree I think Khan would beat Mayweather and Pacquiao, he has destroyed people that have been competitive fights for the others. His speed is unmatched and I don't think floyd could counter like he usually does.

As much as it pains me to say it Floyd deserved the win. He isn't a hard hitter or a slugger but is a fantastic boxer; the whole point of boxing is to hit without being hit. Floyd has perfected this over the years and carried out a boxing masterclass against many of the finest in the sport.

I think Amir would have a better chance against Floyd than he would Manny. As he is also light on his feet and quick. He can have a glass chin although I don't think Floyd could expose this weakness. Manny on the other hand hits hard and would floor Amir IMO.

I'd be surprised if Mayweather vs Khan materialised.

Tim Witherspoon, Mike Tyson, Riddick (big daddy) Bowe, Frank Bruno, Sonny Liston, Evander Holyfield, Eubank, Nigel Benn, Barry McGuigan... those were the days. George Foreman was a monster in his day, on a par with Tyson.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

what ever happened to Prince Naseem? Boy, was he too cocky for his own good, but was great to watch!

Rather like Amir Khan, the British public thought he was amazing and unstoppable, but as soon as he faced anyone decent he was shown up as a bit of a fairy really. See also Frank Bruno, Audley Harrison, Herbie Hide, David Haye .........

what ever happened to Prince Naseem? Boy, was he too cocky for his own good, but was great to watch!

Rather like Amir Khan, the British public thought he was amazing and unstoppable, but as soon as he faced anyone decent he was shown up as a bit of a fairy really. See also Frank Bruno, Audley Harrison, Herbie Hide, David Haye .........

I hope the fight materialises and we will see how good Khan really is, there has to be a reason his name is mentioned with the likes of fighting Pacquiao and Mayweather. I still think Canelo Alvarez would take Pacquiao out and Mayweather schooled him.

I don't think you can argue that David Haye was a fairy, he was a pretty successful cruiser weight, he's just not quite big enough to cut it at heavy weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk