GT-Four

coldel

Ordered a dashcam for the GT4 over the New Years break, can't wait for it to arrive next week. In the meantime removed the front grill which had really washed out and gone patchy grey over the years and resprayed it in Matt Black, really makes a difference to the front of the car, very happy.

Before:

IMG_2179_Snapseed_zps8gtkgc6t.jpg

After:

IMG_3068_zpsdoqp35sq.jpg

• Like 2

Few bits done inside, new head unit, dash cam discreetly put in place behind the rear view mirror, bulbs replaced in the air con unit (so can actually see the buttons at night!). I did carbon wrap with some 5D stuff the dash column parts but didn't like it and ripped it off, guy on a Celica forum that flocks to a very high standard and seriously thinking of contacting him and adding a bit of softness to the interior.

IMG_3115_zpsbcznuweb.jpg

I do get annoyed opening this thread for updates. Bought my mr2 not long after you got this. All iv done so far is change the Wien gear knob and gaiter. Other than that it's sitting with a flat tyre, an expired mot and needing new brakes, under a pile of snow :doh:

Picked a bad time for a project car not long after I bought a business but I will get it started one day!

Is yours a daily driver?

• Like 1

Gets used once a week, maybe less. I am lucky that the Mrs knows I get grumpy if I don't get to play with the car each weekend so have time to work on it...I also do not have to contend with snow!

Next job is to sort the wiper arms which are starting to bubble thanks to a little bit of rust appearing...

Cheers. Next job is to get the wiper arms off, work back some of the rust/bubbling that is appearing, spray and seal before putting back on.

Don't do what I did with mine - leave a thumb print from "testing" if the final coat was dry :lol:

Everything converted to blue :) ... except the green clock which apparently is a pain to swap colours on. Maybe a blue bit of tape across it might be a quick and cheap solution! Dash cam installed, note screen is not visible from drivers seat ;) I had the doors open etc hence all the red lights on the dash which would go out if the car was running. Very pleased actually, amazing how simple it is on the older cars to just pull things out and change stuff over :teeth:

IMG_3149_zpslf1umrtr.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Spent some time with my secret lady Victoria (concours wax...) today to get the Four ready for Sundays trip over to the Woodman, happy with the result :) It will rain, but at least a weeks worth of crap that fell out the sky has been cleaned off :)

FullSizeRender%205_zps5to3frje.jpg

• Like 5

Another small mod, switched over the old brass gear linkage bushes to something a bit newer (although those 21 year old brass ones seemed to have lasted pretty well all things considered with very little ovalling!) maybe its confirmation bias but pretty sure the gear changes felt a little crisper :) anyway another new part in the car :)

IMG_3334_zps0floseln.jpg

• Like 1