GT-Four

coldel

Looks good Coldel ~ I got my centre caps from Ben at Rarerims as well after the first set I had were stolen at Castle Combe. :dry:;)

Blimey, they take some removing as well!

Yep, ...and my foot would have taken some removing from the thieves a**e if I'd have caught em'. :angry::lol:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Popped down to Surrey Rolling Road (in Hampshire :p ) today to do a quick power run - the JDM ST205s come out the box new with 256bhp as standard. My 'Four' is twenty years old on the original engine, only power mods are the BOV, exhaust and decat. I thought I might get 240bhp'ish given the age of the car. Charlie stuck it on the rollers and fired it up...and racked up a touch under 281bhp at the wheels. Have to say happy with that, boost is at a smooth 0.9bar from 3000 to 7000 revs so all looks in great working order. The car is quick, but didn't realise it was putting down so much power in its pretty standard form, very happy :teeth:

IMG_2701_zps54zfuoqq.jpg

Engine in stock mode can handle 1.1bar of pressure, the upgrade is pretty straight forward with an EBC. Would easily take it over 300bhp...but do I :surrender:

Edited by coldel
  • Like 2

I did find myself looking at Gizzmo boost controllers last night - quite handy as they also give you a live readout of the boost levels and I don't have an aftermarket boost gauge in the car at the moment so the dash dial is a bit hard to read.

Not bad numbers Coldel!! if you wack an FMIC on with an EBC @ 1.1 bar you'll easily get an extra 30 hp out of it. You can get easy gains out of the 3S-GTE. Don't even need to change the injectors or plugs. Duty cycle can cope no probs :teeth:

Edited by Rock_Steady

Not bad numbers Coldel!! if you wack an FMIC on with an EBC @ 1.1 bar you'll easily get an extra 30 hp out of it. You can get easy gains out of the 3S-GTE. Don't even need to change the injectors or plugs. Duty cycle can cope no probs :teeth:

Make use of the bits already there, intercooler spray bar and water injection, should be plenty enough to keep that sort of hp in check, unless Coldel decides to make use of the anti lag ;) which i am hoping he will :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Actually happy with the power as is, its pretty quick, I don't want to exceed my skill limit which is pretty average!

Did a little mod to the interior, about 8/10 happy with it, gone all red on the display :) only using an iPhone so it doesn't pick up the colour that well in the dark. Its not as obviously bright in the two central points as the photo makes out.

IMG_2731_zpsess87puw.jpg

Only WRC models, which mine isn't. Although I have heard its a right bark to try and get all those bits up and running.

Just received some limited edition chrome door sill covers in the post, those will be going on tomorrow. I really am buying into keeping this relatively standard but getting all the optional extras that were available sourced and installed, going to be the best one out there bar none :teeth:

• Like 1