GT-Four

coldel

4x4 rally rep, there is only one thing to do....

ANTI LAG :scare:

if you want Anti-lag, you'll need a super strong turbo and a stand alone ECU. But it won't last long. The Anti-lag will kill the turbo in a year or so of 3k miles a year. I know, because I did it. Yes it's great but the turbo I had (hybrid) just wasn't up to it.

if you want Anti-lag, you'll need a super strong turbo and a stand alone ECU. But it won't last long. The Anti-lag will kill the turbo in a year or so of 3k miles a year. I know, because I did it. Yes it's great but the turbo I had (hybrid) just wasn't up to it.

Worth every penny :teeth:

• Like 1

Worth every penny :teeth:

Yeah it is!! Just need to spend that little extra on a better turbo, something with 360 thrust bearings and metal impellers should be good for a few years.

Wont be looking for super power, car easily fast enough for me and my Miss Daisy driving. More looking for control and looks - was actually thinking as it has new struts, shockers etc why not just get some replacement lower springs.

Wont be looking for super power, car easily fast enough for me and my Miss Daisy driving. More looking for control and looks - was actually thinking as it has new struts, shockers etc why not just get some replacement lower springs.

If its a daily/toy springs would be just perfect, no point in the expense of coilovers that will not be touched once you have your ride height and dampening set.

On any turbo i would recommend a boost controller (even a simple dawes device), not so much just for ability to up the psi if required but you always get a certain amount of bleed off past the wastegate, so its not operating an optimum, feels a lot more positive with one imho.

And change the wheels ;)

Ha, I am going to keep the wheels for now :lol: on the pic before I viewed it they looked bad but in the metal they look quite good! Will probably change them at some point (the guy also gave me the original alloys with tyres on) but other priorities now.

It will be a daily'ish - used three times a week with no track work or the like.

Defo going for the boost controller once I have the clocks sorted (still reading KM) and fixed the aerial which doesnt go up and down!

• Like 1

The Greddy-profec series EBCs are brilliant boost controllers. The CT26 waste-gate on the ST205 Gt-four starts to bleed off at 12 psi. Running it @ 1.2 bar (circa 17 psi) is pretty nippy to say the least. It's not out of breath by the red line either, it goes on and on and on......

Edited by Rock_Steady

Ah yes saw that YT vid a few times before buying it :lol: tend to take those sorts of things with a pinch of salt and prefer my own opinion!

Anyone going to InCarNation will see it there - although I havent had a chance to tinker yet!

I was fuming, went out and just blasted one of the Polish builders cronic - he looked a psycho with his tats and skinhead etc but must have come across as psycho myself he bricked it and ran back inside the house. Boss came out and tried to say that it wasnt their fault and was soon put in place, they are paying for everything.

Can't believe it happened one day before Brighton, bloody jinxed - although calmed down a bit when I thought you know it could have been somebody's head that got 'slated' as they had no barriers out and could have done some serious damage, at least a metal bonnet can be fixed.

• Like 1

Boss of the building company came around the other night, said he would pay in full, in cash direct to my bank account - so just a case of getting it over to TGM now for its repair.

In other news, I jumped in the car yesterday at 8:50am to go view a replacement for the dead Focus (which we bought, lovely blue megane) and this morning found one of my lovely neighbours had left a note on my car

"You migth have a lovely and beautiful car but warming it up at 8AM ON A SATURDAY is not very nice, do not do it again"

So I wrote another note, left it on my car for them to find today

"I wasn't warming it up, I live at [insert address here], if you would like an adult conversation about it please come and knock today"

Lets see what happens...

Boss of the building company came around the other night, said he would pay in full, in cash direct to my bank account - so just a case of getting it over to TGM now for its repair.

In other news, I jumped in the car yesterday at 8:50am to go view a replacement for the dead Focus (which we bought, lovely blue megane) and this morning found one of my lovely neighbours had left a note on my car

"You migth have a lovely and beautiful car but warming it up at 8AM ON A SATURDAY is not very nice, do not do it again"

So I wrote another note, left it on my car for them to find today

"I wasn't warming it up, I live at [insert address here], if you would like an adult conversation about it please come and knock today"

Lets see what happens...

This sort of thing really gets my goat. :dry::angry:

There are so many things that neighbours have done which annoy me over the years.

Like their kids making lots of noise or the guy next door using a petrol lawnmower to mow his lawn early on weekends but you just have to put up with stuff like that as we all just want to live our own lives.

If there is something though it really is better to try & talk reasonably to your neighbours about it as leaving notes on peoples cars or through their doors really just gets peoples backs up.

Edit: Good luck with that Coldel btw. ;)

Edited by GMballistic

Cheers mate, no knock as of yet. The car is loud but I use it once or twice a week and it runs for no more than a minute before I take it around the corner to warm up where it's less residential....like most people like this they haven't got the balls to actually approach someone but think they are very clever leaving sarcastic whinging notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Start doing the hoovering with the windows open at about 7 am or cutting the grass. If they moan just say sorry mate i`m an early bird and like to get things done.

Hope you get the car sorted.

Just went and checked and the person has removed their note and left mine there!

Some people have their own little silly world they live in I guess where all their bizarre behaviour makes lots of sense... :lol: