Nissan Leaf....I love it!!

gangzoom

No ones disputing they're not the future.

I for one am just saying they're aren't for everyone, especially petrol heads.

Of course they are if you commute in one during the week and to the shops with the family, then spend the cash you saved on your weekend toy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully agree with this, it's like horses used to be like cars are now but cars are the necessity and horses are ridden for recreation in modern times.

I think that's how it's going to be in 20-30 years electric for the boring stuff and petrol for recreational/hobbyists

• Like 1

Of course they are if you commute in one during the week and to the shops with the family, then spend the cash you saved on your weekend toy ;)

Fully agree with this, it's like horses used to be like cars are now but cars are the necessity and horses are ridden for recreation in modern times.

I think that's how it's going to be in 20-30 years electric for the boring stuff and petrol for recreational/hobbyists

Its a good reference, but cars superseded horses, if the car wasnt as good as a horse, we would still be using horses.

Ev's are not going to be as good or life changing as the transfer from horse and cart to the internal combustion engine.

They may suit the op (and others) driving habits, but how far away are we from seeing it as viable alternative for haulage/shipping/air travel, until then a few people driving an electric car is like taking a dustpan and brush to tidy up after a volcano or typhoon, in reference to its impact on the environment, which is the whole reason of their existence.

Air travel produces 2 to 3 times as much pollution per passenger as them using their cars for the equivalent distance, can anyone see an electric plane happening any time soon??

Edited by Jetpilot

I guess it's each to their own then, as when I was driving to work, it was my daily, and I loved my zed as the daily. Now that I walk it is a weekend car. But if I had to have a 2nd car, I'd still want something fun etc.

And the only time the zed would become a weekend car, would be if it was a dedicated track car.

Would rather my cars get used instead of sitting on the drive until a sunny day.

u wot m8, you said your car is a weekend car now you walk but would only become a weekend car if it was a dedicated track car.

Sense, make it.

**Edit ** ^^ Well I live 30 seconds from work, so no point driving :lol: If I was to move and had to drive to work, then the scenario above applies.

Edited by grundy225

That's the thing, I still get a say in what she drives so I choose fun things for her, knowing I get to drive them too! :D

We'll be swapping the Mini for something else shortly, currently looking at BRZ86s or maybe a 335i if I can convince her on fuel.

I dread the day when I have kids and I have to buy a car that is purely transport, with fun being right at the bottom of priorities. :(

there is a very well known method of preventing children................... did you used to be a boy scout ..................do you know how to tie knots

or

alternatively don't put things where they should (or shouldn't) go :p

Nice sunny day, free afternoon, so wasted some time doing a quick video of the Leaf....Had some fun too, throwing it round some back roads...Couldn't stop smiling at the end of the afternoon, best of all, cost me a grand total of £0 in fuel, thanks to free rapid charge at Nissan Leicester whilst we had a lovely walk around the local park....Have to be careful though, if I start hugging trees, someone needs to give me a slap :lol:

16569919453_81f2e206e6_z.jpg

Edited by gangzoom

That looks good, but my only issues with hybrids (including our Lexus) is that they are neither excellent ICE cars or EVs.

Compared to ICE cars they carry a weight penalty + complex power transfer method, compared to EVs, they still have the outdated ICE.

I still don't understand why many mainstream manufactures are still obsessed with pushing hybrid performance cars....Even the base spec £55k Tesla S is almost as quick as the £100k BMW i8, and the Tesla can be used as a family car whilst the i8 is really nothing but a toy for the super rich ...and the top spec P85D which you can already buy makes this 'concept' look...well frankly slow. And with only a 3 kWH battery powering two 90-100 kW motors, it's going to have a real life EV range of under 5 miles if you really push the car.....Based on the fact my Leaf will devour 4 kWH of power in 7 miles, and that only has one 80 kW motor.

Nissan/Infiniti clearly gets it. Apparently Infiniti has just pulled their 180 mile range EV to do a complete re-design to compete with Tesla. Tesla are apparently also talking/helping a 'major' car company advance their EV program....

I wouldn't be surprised if Nissan announces a 500bhp+ e-Z sooner rather than later :)

Edited by gangzoom

In the back of beyond Norway now. Having seen 40% EVs in Oslo, the Leaves have dried up, as have the Yorkshire Edition VW E-Ups. Teslas are still rocking it out here, parked behind the P85D on the fjord ferry.

I am going back to bed, I don't think I can face the world anymore. !! ;):lol:

That car, I'm sorry, is so UGLY !!!! :scare:

How can you enjoy driving it - it's ugly !!!! :scare:

How did you part with hard earned cash for it - it's ugly ? :scare::lol::surrender:

I would be wearing a paper bag over my head that's for sure !! :lol: :lol:

Whew !! Each to their own as they say. !!! :)

Thank goodness there is lots of choice out there, something for everyone. :teeth:

• Like 1

It may be ugly, but carries the pedal bike better than the 335i.

I'm more than happy with it....My hard earned cash seems to be now staying in the bank account rather than disappearing on car related stuff :lol: .... Let's see how long I can last before I hit the 'order' button on the Tesla. Lucky the early termination fee on the Leaf is £4K...So Nissan really don't want these things back till 2017 (Maybe even the dealer cannot stand looking at them all day ;)).

17014390699_eb1b60de98_z.jpg