Nissan Leaf....I love it!!

gangzoom

If you're trying to turn this into one of those daft pun threads, you're barking up the wrong tree, you sap!

However, a good pun thread is always poplar. Folks pine when they don't get one for a while, as they really spruce the place up. It's fir our own good though that we don't get too many, as if we did someone would go over the top and call the copse. That's the real root of the problem.

Excellent write up there. I'm going to wait for the oil to run out first though :)

Interesting thread :)

But there in above, imho, lies the killer blow to anything electric, whilst there is oil in the ground and companies are making billions of pounds worth of profit, everything else is doomed. The only way to make ev's attractive at present is by subsidies, what happens when that stops. What happens when/if the government, like diesel, realises people are actually buying these and they are loosing revenue from fuels, congestion charges etc They need the revenue, no two ways about it.

Least we not forget where most of our electricity comes from, burning fossil fuel. 46% gas, 31% coal fired, roughly only 5% comes from renewables. I am sure some people think electricity is magic and it just "happens".

Factor in the mining necessary for precious metals needed for the batteries (and disposal when dead) and to me it just doesnt add up that these vehicles are as environmentally friendly as a lot think.

Edited by Jetpilot

I don't think people buy them for the environment, they do it to save money. No-one actually cares about the environment these days, not when we're still in a weak economy.

My local Tesla dealer is in Crawley, I'll arrange a test drive for next week assuming I'm free.

I think I'm just too stupid to explain why Battery EVs are the future :)….

I think Elon Musk the man NASA trusts to deliver supplies to the International Space Station, and to build the launch platform for a planned mission to Mars along side Boeing (backed up with $6 billion of american tax payer cash), is a better candidate...

http://www.wsj.com/a...acts-1410904245

Here is Q&A session he did at the Detroit (motorcity) motor show earlier this year....Some poor journalist was brave enough to challenge him about hydrogen fuel cells...You can almost see he is having to bite his tongue with every breath and in his mind this is what he is thinking..

e09b713eaeb6f8b0676219409e78b58c5d0109c54ed5e6a18c5a83e8488debde.jpg

The fun starts at about 10 minutes in...

https://youtu.be/Y_e7rA4fBAo?t=10m13s

Edited by gangzoom

Shock news, man selling one product doesn't think another product is any good :p

I don't disagree with him though, I don't think hydrogen fuel cells are the future either. I think Musk is a very, very good speaker and debater though, and that makes him an excellent salesman.

• Like 1

Shock news, man selling one product doesn't think another product is any good :p

I don't disagree with him though, I don't think hydrogen fuel cells are the future either. I think Musk is a very, very good speaker and debater though, and that makes him an excellent salesman.

I think you need to be a bit more than just a good salesman to persuade NASA to part with $2 billion of US taxpayers money!! This guy's achievements make Steve Jobs look like a underachieving delinquent and certainly makes me feel like I've rather wasted my life :lol:

Though I'm sure he didn't tell NASA that they named their rocket after the Millennium Falcon in their grant bid.....Sometimes I really wish I took up the option to study physics/engineering at Cambridge all those years back :surrender:

https://youtu.be/OeW0E-YMKjo?t=2m21s

Edited by gangzoom

I think you need to be a bit more than just a good salesman to persuade NASA to part with $2 billion of US taxpayers money!!

Quite right, I think you need a f*cking great big brown envelope as well to achieve that.

In case you're reading Elon, I'm only joking. Probably.

• Like 1

I think I'm just too stupid to explainin why Battery EVs are the future :)….

I think Elon Musk the man NASA trusts to deliver supplies to the International Space Station, and to build the launch platform for a planned mission to Mars along side Boeing (backed up with $6 billion of american tax payer cash), is a better candidate...

http://www.wsj.com/a...acts-1410904245

Here is Q&A session he did at the Detroit (motorcity) motor show earlier this year....Some poor journalist was brave enough to challenge him about hydrogen fuel cells...You can almost see he is having to bite his tongue with every breath and in his mind this is what he is thinking..

e09b713eaeb6f8b0676219409e78b58c5d0109c54ed5e6a18c5a83e8488debde.jpg

The fun starts at about 10 minutes in...

https://youtu.be/Y_e7rA4fBAo?t=10m13s

Ok, so your hook, line and sinker on battery ev's, no problem with that :)

Sadly a video clip from obviously an Incredibily Intelligent man, who has a vested Interest isnt going to sway me.

Your still using fossil fuels

Your still harming the environment

Your still producing co2

And whilst ever we have oil In the ground and large reserves are still being found, anything else will be a non starter :)

No ones disputing they're not the future.

I for one am just saying they're aren't for everyone, especially petrol heads.

Of course they are if you commute in one during the week and to the shops with the family, then spend the cash you saved on your weekend toy ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk