black 370 to stealth bomber is no more :(

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.aemelectronics.com/?q=products/gauges/analog-style-gauges/standard-gauges/oil-pressure-display-gauges

OK so I wanted to fit a oil pressure gauge so I went for the aem gauge .

Based on a few things really

1 price

2 close to oem look when lit up

3 aem make quality stuff

The gauge came in at £155 from a eBay seller so I'm happy at that

So next weekend the car will receive it's third oil and filter change since the supercharger was fitted

I will also change the supercharger oil! although the supercharger oil intervals are supposed to be 7000 mile. I'm changing the supercharger oil with the engine oil (motul 300v 5w 30 )at 4500 mile intervals

It just keeps things simple and regular

I shall try and put together some info on how the install goes next week

OK so had a productive weekend as the missus is away flying so here goes

3rd oil change since supercharger was fitted now changing every 4000 mile

12000 mile coverd since install

20160220_144059_zpsgvfypwyv.jpg

At the same time I changed the supercharger oil which I do with the engine to keep things regular

And then we installed the aem oil pressure gauge

I have been concerned about the oil gallery gasket issues that have been going around! so wanted to at least make sure my pressure was where it should be before I go any further with that one

My pressure is at 25psi on hot idle and 60/70 psi at 2000rpm so I think that's OK

20160221_120117_zps3qw1tujq.jpg

Installed picture above

I'm not a massive fan of gauges but it doesn't look to bad and I have peace of mind now

I probably could of done with the 150psi gauge as it reaches 100psi on acceleration

But at least I know if I'm running to low

• Like 2

I think this is something I need to do Nic as I don't fancy a blown engine either

Yeah I don't think it would really show itself until the pressure had dropped quite low but I'm sure Nissan recommended something like min pressure of about 15psi on hot idle so 25/30 seems OK we'll see

Also good if running oil cooler incase of any ruptured lines

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I come to you today with a very heavy heart I almost don't want to post this thred as it's such a sad day for me :(

So last week I went out to fetch dog food it was a dark miserable wet night and on my return on a country road I managed to get into a situation of over stear which totally took my by surprise

I had just fitted the quaife and I think that changed where the grip levels were at I can only put it down to that it was a massive shock

Anyway I couldn't recover the slide and bang she's gone

I've been threw the mill this week regarding where I stood with the insurance

But I've come away with market value of the car and 50% of mods

They wanted 30% to buy the car back I just couldn't afford to go down that route

I'm very lucky to walk away from the accident with nothing more than a bang to the head and nobody else was hurt so I can live with the fact that it's a material loss and move on

So that's it folks the end of this story :(

I need to go and have a good think about where to go next

But the fact is there isn't a lot that will hold a candle to my stealth bomber in terms of bang for buck

That's all for now

• Like 1

I predict this thread WILL become very popular! LOL

Happy to see you walking out alive my brother, specially after seeing the photo last week! Metal is metal, you can buy another one, but your life is priceless! Big hug!

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN