black 370 to stealth bomber is no more :(

• 4 weeks later...

Right so I've had the car back for a week now and coverd about a thousand mile and all is well so far

The install didn't go fully to plan as you may of guessed but I really don't want to dwell on that as in the end is all worked out nice

The car is running on ecutec using a mixture of speed density and maff

EcuTek themselves did the bulk of the tuning on there dyno and worked closely with Litchfield

Put some nice safety fetures on the car

They installed a gtr sencer to messure charge temps and built a safe map for if these get to high and also changed the car from running on open loop to closed loop as well

The ecutec is awesome nice smooth throttle and awesome adustable traction control

With 3 different fuel maps

The results are 472 bhp fly and a big grin

I'll get some photos and updates up soon new bits coming soon I smell cf again :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 3

Right so I've had the car back for a week now and coverd about a thousand mile and all is well so far

The install didn't go fully to plan as you may of guessed but I really don't want to dwell on that as in the end is all worked out nice

EcuTek themselves did the bulk of the tuning on there dyno and worked closely with Litchfield

They installed a gtr sencer to messure charge temps and built a safe map for if these get to high and also changed the car from running on open loop to closed loop as well

The ecutec is awesome nice smooth throttle and awesome adustable traction control

I'll get some photos and updates up soon new bits coming soon I smell cf again :)

Forget the photos, ...how about a video instead?. B) Full throttle drive by. :D

Hope you enjoy it. :thumbs:

Forget the photos, ...how about a video instead?. B) Full throttle drive by. :D

Hope you enjoy it. :thumbs:

ha thanks mate I'll see what I can do :)

I just need to sort out what I'm going to do with the exhaust I don't think it fully complementry to the car but we'll see my mate loves it says it sound's like one of those raspy old ferraris lol

Yeah that would be great I've had my car up on the ramp today and the exhaust was blowing all over the place so we have sorted that the best we can

Also think getting the brace back on across the de cats would be a big help

The frozenboost is not going to happen it may well go but in a bumper that already is terrible for air flow think it would sacrifice the flow to the rest of the rads

so I'm going for vents in the bumper and vented bonnet just to get air in and air out better

You can literally see how little amount of of air the stillen cooler gets by the line of flys

You can add mocool made by motul , that's what the US boys are using in the system and reporting 15 degrees lower intake temps .

I'm also thinking about vented bonnet ..... But worry it won't look right , I might try adding a few washers to the bonnet hinges so its got a bit more air flow .... Hot rod look ! Probably look cack but its free .

What you going for ? Carbon bonnet?

Nick, sounds like the guys @ EcuTek have done an awesome job , looking at the upgrades on the Ecutek software. Enjoy it mate.

Thanks mark

Look forward to seing Simons when your done with it :)

Edited by nissanman312

OK so today I ordered a sibon ts carbon bonnet for the car in a view to allow heat to escape from the engine bay when at a stand still and in slow traffic.

Also because it looks awesome

Also after chatting with dom yesterday can to the conclusion that the oil cooler being pretty much touching the air fillters this was not ideal for charge temps so looking at moving that a little Aswell

Also exploring other methods of getting plenty of nice cool air into the front end

Screenshot_2015-05-26-13-37-39_zpsesma3l3x.png

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

That's gonna look great on your black zed :)

....... The problem is now you need carbon side skirts , front lip and rear spoiler to complete the look ...... Oh and some trick wheels ;)

Go away with those ideas will you I've just told the missus I'll curb things for a while now :);)