black 370 to stealth bomber is no more :(

I think they will only guarantee the right method off fitting the supplied parts ..... As in if they've fitted the part wrong then they are liable , would be very hard to prove I would imagine though !

Any more updates today?

Nope very very slow process I belevie there are guys off so there struggling with work loads and haven't done this kit before so steady seems to be the way it's going

Saying that I am expecting it back Saturday afternoon I think 9.5 days is enough ;)

Those fitting never were found mate I think they lost Them

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 1

Ok little update I've spoken to Ian and he said he's hoping to fire up tomorrow

and start mapping satarday and Monday

He had said that ecutec have strongly recommended that he doesn't fit the fuel return system as all the ecu calculations Are based on the existing fuel setup don't quote me on that as I'm not technically minded but he said somthing like that

So I'll not be back in the car until another week yet

Edited by nissanman312

Ok little update I've spoken to Ian and he said he's hoping to fire up tomorrow

and start mapping satarday and Monday

He had said that ecutec have strongly recommended that he doesn't fit the fuel return system as all the ecu calculations Are based on the existing fuel setup don't quote me on that as I'm not technically minded but he said somthing like that

So I'll not be back in the car until another week yet

Oh man , sorry nick !

Sure it will all be worth it when you get it back :)

Hey if the car comes back with a good reliable setup I'm happy all I can do is wait

I know from a lot of posts you've made about how worried you were and you wanted it all setup perfect but mainly you wanted it as safe and reliable as possible.

Just my question is, how come you didn't take it to a garage that had installed this SC before? I don't doubt their work, but if I was worrying about installation and having it setup correct, I'd of chosen some place that had done this install many times.

Hey if the car comes back with a good reliable setup I'm happy all I can do is wait

I know from a lot of posts you've made about how worried you were and you wanted it all setup perfect but mainly you wanted it as safe and reliable as possible.

Just my question is, how come you didn't take it to a garage that had installed this SC before? I don't doubt their work, but if I was worrying about installation and having it setup correct, I'd of chosen some place that had done this install many times.

You don't know just how much I wished I had

Ah :(

Right just had a good chat with litchfield requarding my car

They have said there more than happy to fit the fuel return system if I want them to but seem to think that the ecutec software is so much slicker than the upRev that they can manage things from the ecu a lot better to do with fueling I don't know I'm no expert obviously

He's going to tune it getting running see how is all running and then the fuel return will go in at a later date if needed

So this time next week it should be back

:)

:wacko:

Any other comment I've already made it on our chats today, Nic. Very, very disappointed, makes me reconsider buying a GTR :(

Adrian you have to get a gtr and I'm sure they're work with them is impeccable he wouldn't be where his I'd today if it wasn't my install is a first for them and I think that's one of the reasons is going slower than it would with the likets of abbey /Horsham I think it will come good in the end one way or another

I put it in there hands have to except the speed things get done at I guess

There's some light in sight then! I'm sure they are leaning on the safe side of things ..... So as you say , when you get the car back see how it goes and maybe get abbey / Horsham to fit the fuel return and check it all over? I think abbey use ecutec ?

Yes mate had a good chat tonight and should be back with me next week

Happy days :)

What's the beef between Ecutek and Uprev? They both provide the same outcome, do they not? I'd like some informed opinion on this one!

think ecutec just had new software then 6 months later uprev will have new stuff

Sorry dom not informed

The reason to use a fuel return system to keep the differential fuel pressure the same once the car is on boost.

Base fuel pressure is around 50/52psi on the stock 370Z with a dead end fuel system as fitted as stock.

Once you add FI when the car is running boost the boost pressure lowers the fuel pressure i.e if the car was running 11psi of boost the fuel pressure would then run at 40psi this can cause issues with atomisation of the fuel through the injectors. Running a fuel return system allows the fuel pressure to remain the same as the rising rate fuel pressure regulator adds fuel pressure in relation to boost pressure.

The more boost you run the better it is to go to rising rate fuel return system as more boost pressure lowers the base fuel pressure.

You can tune a FI car without a fuel return system the fuel calibration map looks funny as you need more injector duty cycle at high rpm/load as the fuel pressure isn't increased with boost pressure.

EcuTek and Uprev will tune the car fine I feel with both the dead end fuel rail and rising rate fuel return system Ecutek does a few different things than the Uprev but they both retune the stock ecu to run FI.

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks Mark apricate that information

so with a stillen kit running the standard pulley what sort of boost would you be running?

And in your opinion would it be possible to reach somewhere around the 4/420 wHP point without the fuel return safely or is it best to stick it on