black 370 to stealth bomber is no more :(

Right in my little drive tonight this is what I've found not fact just my observations from my obd reader

On steady cruise when the car is up to temp I didn't see the intake temp drop below 43/50 degree

On a steady cruise now it sits between 35/40

On hard excell before temps would instantly build anywhere as high as 60+

The point that Ian built my safe map and once I let off to drive steady it would take an age to come back to a resting point of 43/50

On hard excell now it seems to still get as high as 50 however as soon as you let off the power the temp seems to instantly sart dropping fast back to it's resting point of 35/40

If you sit in traffic and let it heat soak it will still reach upto 70 degree

However the difference comes once you start moving ie the temps drop dramatically faster than before with the stillen kit

I must stress I am now messuring this from the ecu which is reading from the manifold sensor that Ian fitted at the back of the manifold. as the stillen kit messures before its drawn threw the supercharger i believe and think mark will confirm that the gtm kit already dose this .

The coolant temp seems to remain stable as this was a concern with such a big cooler in the main air flow

And oil temps are between 90 and 110 with the cooler moved back in real hot weather or on track I bet it would exceed 110 if I find that I'll go with a bigger oil cooler

I'm thinking of trying some mocool type stuff in the system but I'm warry of running to much stuff threw it and clogging it up

Also to bear in mind I have a sibon vented bonnet so this could affect things for better or worse

The only reson I perused the frozenboost was because Ian said temps we're reaching dangerous temps on the dyno so built a safe map at 60 degrees and the car switches back to power maps below this. and said if you do anything now make it beter cooling.

So I'm hoping to stay out of that 60 degree mark

The other thing Ian did was change my car onto to cloosed loop as in open loop if your temps have goten high and you floor the car in wide open throttle the car just assumes all is we'll when you could have very high charge temps ....again I believe this is a stillen kit issue rather than other set ups more so with the way the manifold heat soaks

I belevie mark now has my Base map from Ian and can do all these things for you with ecutec as well can Litchfield

I'm going for a big drive at the weekend with a club and it will be hard so I'll report back

Oh yeah apparently ecutec had a lengthy convo with stillen about this issue and there conclusion was the surface area of the stillen manifold just isn't big enough

My conclusion it's not perfect but it's better

Again these are just my findings do think shoot the messenger :)

Edited by nissanman312
  • Like 2

EcuTek please.

GTM kit is blow through the AFM so we are reading charged IAT not like on the Stillen kit.

We can move the IAT from the stock AFM to post charge cooler with Uprev already. Just need to remove the charger cooler assembly and added an IAT sensor

EcuTek are using a Nissan Juke DIG T map sensor that also reads IAT's

We are going to add separate IAT and Map sensors when we fit a Stillen soon.

Nissanman have you got a ECUTEK cable/Dongle to datalog ECU outputs?

Mine was hot today. An hour of A-road driving, 5 mins in the petrol station heat soaking whilst I filled up, local roads with 15 mins of traffic. When I got home I popped the hood and measured the temp of the charge coolant.

a9f8d70fbd14cf1255f403adf9e1c019.jpg

53 degrees! How's that going to cool anything? No wonder the car was not letting me have any power!

This was mine at around 630 this evening

I'd been pushing her Aswell it goes up to 50 at very worst! and I mean 7000 revs each gear

But comes straight back to this

The car seems a lot more sprightly Aswell

:)

Obviously ignore that afr I was off throttle taking a screenshot for you guys ;)

Edited by nissanman312

• 2 weeks later...
Just realised I've done 13000 miles in my z in a year is not even a daily

Need to slow down a bit lol

Screw that! These are made for driving, not posing! Get out in it!!

(Says he, playing with a 370 on an Xbox)

Edited by dajw

Just realised I've done 13000 miles in my z in a year is not even a daily

Need to slow down a bit lol

Screw that! These are made for driving, not posing! Get out in it!!

(Says he, playing with a 370 on an Xbox)

Oh yeah for sure

Ecu tek cables arives tomorrow so I'll be out doing some logging

Lmao

Is to try and prevent that lol

I have miss fire codes coming up

And knock warning we need to find out if it's a problem in the mapp or hardware issue

Also be good to do some loging maybey tweek the map its running a lot cooler now

• Like 1