black 370 to stealth bomber is no more :(

Pain about the insurance as well Nic , did you have an agreed value policy ?

I thought I did but no

Market value so basically I got 18 for the car which I thought was generous but only 5 for mods :(

Just be happy with what you got back :) Come on, what are you getting next? Uber car M3 or hairdresser TTRS? :cry: At least you're NOT getting the Type R :cry:

Edited by Adrian@TORQEN

I thought I did but no

Market value so basically I got 18 for the car which I thought was generous but only 5 for mods :(

18k isnt bad really , my 2012 GT Edition with 35k on it only booked at 17 something but as you say a killer on the mods let alone the cost of installation of everything

I thought I did but no

18k isnt bad really , my 2012 GT Edition with 35k on it only booked at 17 something but as you say a killer on the mods let alone the cost of installation of everything

Yeah they wanted to give me between 12 and 14 until my broker stepped in

Cant fault pace ward on the servicein that respect

but............ if they haven't covered you for the "extra" parts, then they're yours to with as you see fit ?

have I missed photos somewhere on how much damage was done ?

If I had sold up I would of been lucky to get 20 so that's how I'm having to look at it

Adrian has seen a picture that's why he's said that put there not public knowledge I'd rather not re live it every time I look on here! it wasn't a nice experience.

I can honestly say when it happend it didn't think I'd be writing on the forum again I thought it was my time to go to the pearly gates

• Like 2

Nic,

Just caught up with this thread, never a good story to read but really glad you were able to walk away resonably unscathed.

Whatever you go for next i hope it brings you as much pleasure as modifying this has done.

Dont rush to buy a replacement, you could always hire something for June.

Keep us updated on whatever you do

Edited by davedutch

Nic,

Just caught up with this thread, never a good story to read but really glad you were able to walk away resonably unscathed.

Whatever you go for next i hope it brings you as much pleasure as modifying this has done.

Dont rush to buy a replacement, you could always hire something for June.

Keep us updated on whatever you do

Yeah possibly dave thanks chap

First off, massively sorry to hear about this mate, must've been absolutely awful :( Just glad you're okay, that's so much more important than a car even if it doesn't seem so right now.

No because they have taken modifications into account and payed me 5 grand for them

This is why I bang on to people about insuring what you want insured, not just the bare minimum. Nic did it correctly and had his mods insured, even if they weren't insured for their full value. Most people just have coverage that lets them have mods on their car, which means you could put £10K worth of wheels, bodykits etc and get precisely zero back.

Sorry to hear you didn't get as much back for the mods as you wanted mate, but I don't think you did too bad out of that having heard a few horror stories. No comfort, I know, but hopefully it'll still give you a base to move onto the next project with. :)

First off, massively sorry to hear about this mate, must've been absolutely awful :( Just glad you're okay, that's so much more important than a car even if it doesn't seem so right now.

No because they have taken modifications into account and payed me 5 grand for them

This is why I bang on to people about insuring what you want insured, not just the bare minimum. Nic did it correctly and had his mods insured, even if they weren't insured for their full value. Most people just have coverage that lets them have mods on their car, which means you could put £10K worth of wheels, bodykits etc and get precisely zero back.

Sorry to hear you didn't get as much back for the mods as you wanted mate, but I don't think you did too bad out of that having heard a few horror stories. No comfort, I know, but hopefully it'll still give you a base to move onto the next project with. :)

Thanks mate

Yes absolutely it could of been a while load worse so I'll take it and move on

Its the first car I have ever lost in that way or at all to be fair so yeah fairly gutted

Hi dude , big man hug coming your way , as said really gutted for you :(

And you're right not to posts the pics and re living it again , pretty bad !

Great attitude though to it all , and as said your a top bloke :)

Also it's nice to see people's reactions to this , and really is a very very good forum with genuine friendly people .

Keep us posted what your next move is and more than welcome to have a blast in my m if that's on your list ...... Although a nice ep3 to blast around Europe doesn't sound all that bad to be fair :)

Speak soon mate

• Like 1

Hi dude , big man hug coming your way , as said really gutted for you :(

And you're right not to posts the pics and re living it again , pretty bad !

Great attitude though to it all , and as said your a top bloke :)

Also it's nice to see people's reactions to this , and really is a very very good forum with genuine friendly people .

Keep us posted what your next move is and more than welcome to have a blast in my m if that's on your list ...... Although a nice ep3 to blast around Europe doesn't sound all that bad to be fair :)

Speak soon mate

Cheers dude

I might take you up on that :)

• Like 1