Who's taken their car on the Euro Tunnel?

Grundy

Just interested to find out about the narrow paths and large metal curbs :lol:

As I remember Andy James telling me of his horror story of curbing his wheel whilst driving through.

Just did a quick google search, and there are a few posts over multiple forums with similar stories and where people advise to get on etc.

Any tips and recommendations from people on here? Is it as bad as people make out?

I also read another post of someone who hit the curb, instantly called over a steward to take a picture (Get some document) and right a complaint etc.

They later contacted him and payed for a new wheel/tyre.

No Idea how true that is ^^

What BM said and Rob said, the standard coaches have tubular stainless steel "guide rails", I have curbed one wheel before now :surrender:

Awesome cheers guys

Yup this is exactly what I wanted to avoid, answer solved :)

Last thing I want to do is cause a traffic jam as I get out and inspect how much room I have :lol:

I didn't take my 350 last time I used the Tunnel as I had my FN2 then and the stewards directed me to the lower level in case I scraped and were very helpful. They're used to having sports cars and low cars so I'm sure you'll be fine.

The tunnel is definitely the best choice IMO.

Same, no problems. Someone like Docwra who has extended (or did) wheels arches may have a problem.

I do it at least twice a year, as long as youre careful then it will just about fit in the tracks, or you can chuck a wheel up on the walkway bit. My rears are a total of 172mm wider than stock, I doubt many people will be that wide TBH. Ground clearance is not an issue at all :)

Fronts are 186mm wider as well if youre interested :lol:

• Like 1

Yeah but look at the location of my arches, miles of room!

Point well made, as I said earlier I managed to scuff one rim as we got on, it was 0430 in the morning though :surrender: and I haven't done it since (6 journeys I think). Someone else tipped me off about this earlier this year so when we booked for July this year I booked as a high vehicle just to make life easier. :)
  • Like 2

Yeah but look at the location of my arches, miles of room!

Point well made, as I said earlier I managed to scuff one rim as we got on, it was 0430 in the morning though :surrender: and I haven't done it since (6 journeys I think). Someone else tipped me off about this earlier this year so when we booked for July this year I booked as a high vehicle just to make life easier. :)

4:30 probably isn't a good time to negotiate the train :lol:

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1