What feedback have you had after taking someone for a spin

RafsZed

Power is nothing without control.

All I wanted to say that 350z would blow 458 on strait line. Nothing else plus this Z has remarkably controlled deliver of power and momentum. Other comparison of this 2 car are pointless. Just brakes of 458 cost more than Z

Yeah got to agree, high power with ultimate control is always going to be better than ultimate power without the right chassis to go with it. I did a few track laps on those cheap days out in Astons etc and the ability for them to throw a few hundred bhp through the wheels in the corners and just drive around them at high speed without it flailing all over the place is incredible, the difference in engineering is a country mile.

I guess if you are driving from London to Scotland via the M1 a 750 bhp Zed is probably fun, driving anywhere else...stick me in the Ferrari any day.

...back on topic, when I got the 350z I thought wow, but then my previous car was a 1.4TSi Scirocco, most people do get excited about a 350z as it is now quite a very strong candidate for peoples first powerful sports/gt car. However, getting into the VX220 afterwards made it feel like a van...the R33 creaked and leaned all over the shop, but that turbo rush gave quite a different experience.

The guy that bought my zed thought it was a very rapid car, but then he was 20 and came to view it in a golf diesel. I gave a mate a lift who owned a 500bhp Evo and said it was sluggish and unresponsive. And so on...

One comment I liked was after taking Harryjax out in my SC 370 as he has an NA 370 upon return from our little drive out he said -

"doesn't do anything mine won't do" ......... "It does do if faster though"

:lol::thumbs:

• Like 4

All I wanted to say that 350z would blow 458 on strait line. Nothing else plus this Z has remarkably controlled deliver of power and momentum. Other comparison of this 2 car are pointless. Just brakes of 458 cost more than Z

I get that, but so what? A modified Evo to the same power will leave a 350Z dead in a straight line AND round the corners, and be cheaper too.

I get that, but so what? A modified Evo to the same power will leave a 350Z dead in a straight line AND round the corners, and be cheaper too.

Well I'm not sure that Evo plus modification will come cheaper to Z and reliable as Z. If we are talking Evo 8 or Evo 9 plus modifications they come more than a Z. Anyway this is going wrong way

Including purchase price, and all mods, you'll get an Evo 6 to bigger power more reliably than you would a DE 350Z. Your point was about a turbocharged Zed to 750bhp feeling quicker from the get go than a 458, which it will, but so what? Anything can feel quick if you triple the power by adding a turbo to it!

A 458 doesn't feel stupidly quick, you're right, but that's what makes it such a great car.

Including purchase price, and all mods, you'll get an Evo 6 to bigger power more reliably than you would a DE 350Z. Your point was about a turbocharged Zed to 750bhp feeling quicker from the get go than a 458, which it will, but so what? Anything can feel quick if you triple the power by adding a turbo to it!

A 458 doesn't feel stupidly quick, you're right, but that's what makes it such a great car.

Start with a TME Evo 6 and then go crazy :teeth:

And that's the car I can't afford. But I can afford FI Z which can give me satisfaction of beating 911 or 458. This what i am talking is less powerful Z with TT with bit more than 550 hp. 750 i havent tried. For me that's enough. If I had money than I would add 911 or speciale to my garage. Evo 6 i even wouldn't look next to Z. I'm talking about same age cars which come to Evo 8 Evo 9.

Edited by Snjur

Evo GSR 6 purchase price circa £6k same as a DE - stage 3 remap cost around £1200 takes it to 350bhp and given something like 300kg difference in weight is probably not far off a SC DE Zed in terms of performance which will cost you circa £12k-£15k once you are done I would have thought - being a complete non-expert in either bearing in mind.

Edited by coldel

A friend of mine said that driving my Zed was like driving his R32 off boost :lol: thanks :blush:

but on the plus side. its not a golf. :yawn:

No its a proper R32 (GTR RB26) :lol:

Hahaha doh!!!!!!!

to be fair, my point does still stand. its not a golf! :lol:

• Like 1

Haven't taken anyone out in mine for a spin. :shrug:

The only person that's been in it with me is the Mrs and she's pretty used to the powerful cars I've owned since we've been together (11 years). In fact it's quite impressive sometimes how when going quickly in cars she can still pay not the slightest bit of attention to what's happening and continue to read her book or look at her phone. :dry:

• Like 1

Took my wife for a spin after I fitted the K1 exhaust to my zed and her reaction was "make it stop, my ears are ringing, it feels like my brain is rattling around." :lol: She refused to ever go in the car after that.. so bit of a result really! :thumbs:

Outside of the zed, the best 2 reactions ive ever had was one, when I was the designated driver in my (heavily modified) Renault 5 GT Turbo back in about 1996, car loaded up with 4 blokes on the way to an Xmas party. We join a dual carriageway and theres a lorry up ahead in the slow lane, this Calibra turbo in front with one guy in driving floors it and pulls out to overtake it. I boot it. He`s giving the Calibra some serious stick. I out accelerate him up the inside line, pull out, overtake the truck and leave the Calibra for dead. It was the talking point in the office for about 6 months after.

The 2nd best reaction was when my mate wanted to buy a nearly new Kawasaki ZX6R I had back in 2000. Having not passed his bike test he couldnt ride it so he foolishly agreed to a pillion ride on the back of it. I hit a "very reasonable" speed on the local dual carriageway, then came off at a roundabout, got my knee down as well as the footpegs on the roundabout, sparks flying all over the shop, then rocketed of back to his house bouncing off the rev limiter. When he got off the back he was white as a ghost and looked proper ill. He was staggering about like he`d had about 12 pints. It must have worked though, as he bought the bike off me! :lol::thumbs:

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1