The new toy has arrived

Keyser

I did say the other day I had a new toy on it's way well here it is (in my favorite colour)

S1050688_zpslgcb7dvo.jpg

S1050689_zpsfrpjinp4.jpg

First test - to see if it works I took the head off a bolt :)

S1050691_zpsq4s0xcrs.jpg

S1050690_zpskytlelrx.jpg

Then - the wife is repairing an old miniature diving helmet (ornament only)

It has one of these missing

S1050692_zpskv5otzzd.jpg

Closest thing I have laying around

S1050693_zpslma9qfwy.jpg

So before -

S1050694_zpsyplyuys7.jpg

After -

S1050696_zpsrwsgiw6b.jpg

Got some proper (car) jobs to try next :thumbs:

• Like 11

Nice.

I've got a small Myford ML7. It's just nice to have it there. :blush:

When I first got it I became the best friend of all our local farmers overnight. Plastic and brass fittings for field troughs etc.

Looks like a decent lathe for a home workshop, are you an engineer or self trained

Been playing with all things mechanical since I could walk :lol:

Apprenticed as a mechanic then switched to electronics - have a b.tech in that now work in IT - this is my hobby and mostly self taught :)

It's great fun been playing all night - went out and bought some more bits for it today :lol:

2nd hand or lotto win? Guess you are going into business making pinbobs? Lol. Nice toy though.

2nd hand - eBay find been looking for one at the right price for a while it's 10 years old but in amazing condition - guy has had it in his garage from new he recons it's only done 200 hours :)

Nice bit of kit.

Can I apply for the zed shed apprenticeship. B)

Of Course you can but remember the hours are long the pay is bad and you won't learn anything - other than that it's OK :lol:

• Like 1

Looks like a decent lathe for a home workshop, are you an engineer or self trained

Apprenticed as a mechanic then switched to electronics - have a b.tech in that now work in IT - this is my hobby and mostly self taught :)

It's great fun been playing all night - went out and bought some more bits for it today :lol:

Always nice to have new tools to play with haha

mite I suggest you invest in a collet chuck for it, would be a good investment if your going to be turning bolts alot as it won't damage the threads when you hold them like a 3 jaw chuck can

Always nice to have new tools to play with haha

mite I suggest you invest in a collet chuck for it, would be a good investment if your going to be turning bolts alot as it won't damage the threads when you hold them like a 3 jaw chuck can

I was only turning the head of that bolt as something to test the lathe with - that being said it may well be a good investment to get one for future projects :thumbs:

Of Course you can but remember the hours are long the pay is bad and you won't learn anything - other than that it's OK :lol:

The pay is in donuts!! That's awesome for an apprenticeship, Well, it would be if you and Buster don't eat them first. :lol: