The Zed Shed Part Deux Build still going

Keyser

As I suspected, Mrs K did most of the work, as clearly evidenced by the picture of her admiring her handywork. :stir::p

Of course she did -

You don't buy a dog and bark yourself ;)

• Like 4

Don't do honeysuckle unless you're intending fairly intensive gardening in the future. Personally I'd put clematis, jasmine or even wisteria if it will grow there :)

Thanks for that and someone else said that about honeysuckle - I have no idea about gardening so the wife will be choosing - her garden my garage - we need something due to the "temporary" static caravan in the neighbors garden though!

Honeysuckle grows new shoots every year and the previous year's growth dies off, becomes woody and forms a thatch underneath that needs removing every couple of years as it bulks out, looks a mess and gets overgrown. If it faces anywhere but North then Clematis is awesome. Bit woody over winter but beautiful flowers spring and early summer and lush pretty green foliage from then into late Autumn. Needs a bit of training to get there but very satisfying when it's done. :)

• Like 2

Honeysuckle grows new shoots every year and the previous year's growth dies off, becomes woody and forms a thatch underneath that needs removing every couple of years as it bulks out, looks a mess and gets overgrown. If it faces anywhere but North then Clematis is awesome. Bit woody over winter but beautiful flowers spring and early summer and lush pretty green foliage from then into late Autumn. Needs a bit of training to get there but very satisfying when it's done. :)

On this advice alone my wife purchased 2 Clematis plants today (east facing wall just so you know) I will let you know how they do :)

Gotta luv this forum not only am I writing a build thread on a garage instead of a car (let alone a Zed) I'm even getting gardening advice - spot on :thumbs:

Just so you all know the water board has been paid, video survey next week, structural engineer has produced a plan (exact calcs to be done if the design is acceptable) we are also in talks with the water board "Sewer Protection Officer" despite the title (not even sure if it his official title) he seems spot on and he will give us a heads up on our plan all being well we should get confirmation (or denial :scare:) on or around the 21st so a 3 week delay, we are going to rip out another hedge line while we wait and I have a few jobs to finish in the house, Andy and Tim (the builders) have finished the retaining wall and are going to occupy themselves on a few little jobs they have outstanding for other clients while we try and get everything back on track.

I'll get some pics of progress and the other hedge removal later this week or at the weekend.

Be good, take care and above all HAVE FUN!

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 1

On this advice alone my wife purchased 2 Clematis plants today (east facing wall just so you know) I will let you know how they do :)

Gotta luv this forum not only am I writing a build thread on a garage instead of a car (let alone a Zed) I'm even getting gardening advice - spot on :thumbs:

Just so you all know the water board has been paid, video survey next week, structural engineer has produced a plan (exact calcs to be done if the design is acceptable) we are also in talks with the water board "Sewer Protection Officer" despite the title (not even sure if it his official title) he seems spot on and he will give us a heads up on our plan all being well we should get confirmation (or denial :scare:) on or around the 21st so a 3 week delay, we are going to rip out another hedge line while we wait and I have a few jobs to finish in the house, Andy and Tim (the builders) have finished the retaining wall and are going to occupy themselves on a few little jobs they have outstanding for other clients while we try and get everything back on track.

I'll get some pics of progress and the other hedge removal later this week or at the weekend.

Be good, take care and above all HAVE FUN!

Its been a hard couple of weeks and good progress has been made by the day and night shift but unfortunately the Zed shed construction team has had to put things on hold while the legals get sorted.

I think the home team may be busy fencing this weekend though!

We will miss you guys.........

• Like 1

Well the paper work is still going through the red tape procedure and we are waiting on a camera survey on Tuesday so in the meantime I thought I'd show you what else is going on -

The Flashing Blade AKA Andy James and his companion Tim The Hat have finished the new retaining wall -

S1051117_zps9boow5tk.jpg

S1051116_zps4ipalzk7.jpg

so we added some more fencing -

S1051118_zpsgauer3xv.jpg

That's that side done :thumbs:

S1051119_zpsxylm7fdh.jpg

S1051122_zps2zqpgwvs.jpg

We then looked at the other side with a rather sorry looking laurel hedge and decided it was just not good enough,

the new dump truck driver was drafted in but seemed to be asleep on the job :scare:

S1051124_zps6txbsdtx.jpg

But we got the site cleared

S1051120_zpscvra7boc.jpg

and on Friday nigh we started on the other side of the garden -

Friday night 4pm

S1051121_zpsyxu5xwpr.jpg

Little bit of work on a rather hot Saturday and a solid morning on Sunday we now have -

S1051125_zpsmnzuz9s8.jpg

S1051126_zpsvqipq3tp.jpg

Yes we ran out of board - only because we had to repair the corner of the old fence though :wacko:

so with nothing to do after lunch on Sunday we invited the neighbors over for an impromptu BBQ

S1051128_zpsaicnm6nk.jpg

More soon ( I HOPE )

Keyser and the Zed Shed Crew :thumbs:

• Like 4

O yes I forgot we did make a bit of a mess -

The old hedge needs to be shipped away :lol:

S1051127_zpsbdhmufd5.jpg

You may also note the 3 ton digger I drafted in to make the root removal and digging the soil back (right hand side where the sleepers are now)

Quite surprising the damage you can do to a hedge row in 3 hours with a chainsaw, a dump-truck and a 3 ton digger :lol:

FYI - Progress is still on hold,

Local Technician has approved new structural engineers foundation plans, CCTV/Video survey has been done and we have no problems requiring work before we can start.

So why are we on hold?

Well even though the local guy has emailed me to confirm we can go ahead and I have sent that to the waterboard head office they still apparently have to send the plans to him for approval he must approve them and send them back - me sending his approval apparently does not count :wacko:

So I will be back on the phone on Monday chasing everyone so we can get the bit of paper that says Yes you can carry on.

I'll keep you updated as and when things happen (if ever)

FYI - Progress is still on hold,

So I will be back on the phone on Monday chasing everyone so we can get the bit of paper that says Yes you can carry on.

I'll keep you updated as and when things happen (if ever)

Frustrating isn't it mate! I can only refer you back to my PM. Best of luck, don't assume anything, keep chasing them and above all keep calm and carry on!

Now you know why I get so little done on the e type, haha.

• Like 1