Is it Just Me!

Dicky

I'm generally pestered by small white vans but not today.

I'm driving down a two lane carriage way when this guy in his sporty looking Volvo pulls out in front of me. He didn't need to pull out but as he did I slowed and kept pace with him at a reasonable distance. He's driving at around 70 but then as he passes a car on his nearside he slows right down and passes it very slowly, taking ages.

As soon as he gets past he speeds up again to catch up to the next car on his nearside and again slows right up and again passes it very slowly.

So Im now beginning to realise he seems to be doing it on purpose. This happens a further two times but on the final occasion as he's slowly going past his brake lights come on for no apparent reason.

I'm now convinced he's a sausage short of a full breakfast.

Well how can I put this, I eventually get past him and he then fades right back in the rear view mirror, not because Im going any faster simply because.....well who knows why or what goes through the mind of such TITs

Its PRATS like this who cause road rage and others to take actions they wouldn't normally take.

I'm going to fit some of those Charlton Heston chariot wheels, but with retractable swords so I can seriously F--k up this car if we ever meet again.

• Like 6

thats when a dash cam comes into its own - copy to local plod

And local plod will do what..??? :surrender:

They will say "thank you we will make a note" was anyone involved

in the accident injured" and you say "there wasn't an accident" and they say "why are you here." ..!!! :scare: :scare:

I normally get attention from other 'performance' cars..

On the way home I overtook an M5 V10, got to traffic lights and he came along side me, as soon as the light was green he absolutely booted it probably expecting me to do the same. A few weeks ago I had a Corsa vxr with a rather loud exhaust just driving along side me on the carriage way, he kept speeding up and slowing down whilst the passengers were shouting at me.

and before that I had a 6 series bmw sat behind me just revving constantly, even whilst moving.

• Like 1

I don't think I'm reading this correctly, what was it he was doing wrong? Not letting you past?

Well Mickey you've got me worried now.........You don't own a white Volvo by any chance??

Well to me (as I say I may be reading it incorrectly) he is overtaking on the correct side, fair enough slowly but still overtaking. I know it could be a wind up but still, it doesn't appear to be 'dangerous'?

I had a lovely drive yesterday, but some peoples reactions to you are very surprising.

Had a rep mobile sitting feet of my bumper, so once i past a few cars pulled into the inside lane and he pulled level and just stayed there, occasionally speeding up and dropping back to level.

On a quiet stretch of dual carriage way I was on the inside lane, not to far ahead was some diesel people carrier, soon as he realised I was gaining and likely to overtake, he booted it, big puff of black smoke, I was now in the outside lane travelling at the same speed I was going previously. As I was drawing level he was still accelerating and gaining speed, so rather than accelerate myself I just dropped back into the inside lane, he slowed back down, I was maintaining a constant speed so went to overtake again, he did exactly the same. I was taking a turning off about 2 miles up the road so just sat behind him.

Driving on the roads nowerdays you see some pretty scary things that people do. The wierd thing is, I think some of them don't realise they are doing wrong.

The classic one is you go to overtake someone and they speed up. Central lane drivers on the motorway get on my wick, never moving over and out of the overtaking lane.

Central lane drivers on the motorway get on my wick, never moving over and out of the overtaking lane.

Lane discipline in this country is shocking (havent driven abroad in recent years), whenever i go near a motorway it infuriates me beyond belief.

Even dual carriage ways are poor, people sitting in the right hand land because at the next roundabout miles up the road they want to turn right.

• Like 1

Driving as a whole in this country is shocking. I can't remember the last time I drove anywhere where I didn't get some retard pull out on me at the last second causing me to have to brake hard :thumbdown:

I was beginning to think my car was invisible its happening so often :bang:

Driving standards here are way better than some countries I've visited. I have also noticed highway management due to the demands of increased traffic volume has led to the need to change certain junctions etc. This also adds to the mix of incompetence on our roads. Take a roundabout for example, navigating a roundabout was once a simple affair. You would approach on a 6 o clock basis, a turn past your 12 o clock would be classed as a right turn and indication to follow suit, then a quick indication to the left just before your exit whilst checking the nearside mirror etc.

Due to increased traffic volume highways have been painting lanes on the roundabout and in some cases will mark the nearside lane as a right turn also. This confuses people who can't or won't read the signage or lane markings correctly. Also the very same people who are bereft of common sense then think it's ok to use the nearside lane to turn right on a normal unmarked roundabout. These types rarely indicate and if they do its for the exit they want rather than letting waiting vehicles know they are circumnavigating a right turn. The same applies for the knob heads who use a right lane to go straight on or before 12 when the exit is single carriageway not dual.

Central lane drivers on the motorway get on my wick, never moving over and out of the overtaking lane.

Lane discipline in this country is shocking (havent driven abroad in recent years), whenever i go near a motorway it infuriates me beyond belief.

Even dual carriage ways are poor, people sitting in the right hand land because at the next roundabout miles up the road they want to turn right.

I agree this is annoying but the trouble is no one lets you in when you want to move over as you near the roundabout. I tend to think if they are doing the speed limit then dont worry just sit back and enjoy the drive

RELIEF, it's not just happening to me, there appear to be PRATS all over the country.

Unfortunately I have a low tolerance level to drivers who behave like this and quite often respond in ways I regret when sitting on the sofa at home reflecting.

Some of you appear to have far higher level of maturity than I've been blessed with and I wish I could just let it go.

Instead of the chariot wheels I mentioned earlier I was wondering if any of those WW2 German 88's can still be had. One of those shells up a PRATS tail pipe would be something to behold.

RELIEF, it's not just happening to me, there appear to be PRATS all over the country.

Unfortunately I have a low tolerance level to drivers who behave like this and quite often respond in ways I regret when sitting on the sofa at home reflecting.

Some of you appear to have far higher level of maturity than I've been blessed with and I wish I could just let it go.

Instead of the chariot wheels I mentioned earlier I was wondering if any of those WW2 German 88's can still be had. One of those shells up a PRATS tail pipe would be something to behold.

I'm the guy who tells everyone to be calm as its nothing.

The second it happens to me though, profanity pours out of my mouth and I'd happily dismember them. But that's just me hahaa

• Like 1

Pratts are sadly all to common when driving the Z. Just this week I left my house in the morning and no sooner had I pulled out onto the main road I could see in my rear view mirror some headlights that were a fair distance away (with fog lights on) hurtling up behind me.....sat up my arse.......then flawed it overtaking me.....all done in a 30 zone......it was a tatty Honda Prelude. Number one was that I' was not going to exceed the speed limit, and number two was that my engine wasn't up to temp anyways ! Why do people do it......makes em look like total c--ts to be honest......Ggrrhhhhh

• Like 1