Renewing your driving licence

twobears

Just had a phone call from daughter to say letters have arrived for me and Mr Twobears telling us we have to renew our driving licences. Is this something new as I don't remember ever having to do it before? I've just been to Tesco this afternoon to get my ID photos for the gun licence application so I wish I'd known sooner as I could have got two sets. I liked my old photo because I wasn't such an old bag on that one :blush:

• Like 1

Aha, that sounds more like it Dan :thumbs: I haven't actually seen the letter but am Skyping daughter tomorrow so I can read it. My ID photos are literally hours old so, hopefully, I'll be able to do it without too much fuss. Poor old Mr Twobears will be depressed though because he had hair when his last photo was taken :blush:

it won't change then :shrug:

How did I know you were going to comment on that :lol: at least i dont need a booster seat to see over the steering wheel! :boxing:

so long as no-one knicks my skirting board ladder, I'll be fine :thumbs:

Edited by ioneabee
  • Like 2

Mine came free with a pack of Rice Krispies if I recall correctly :surrender: Weirdly, on another forum someone has just this minute told me that not only can I patently not drive for toffee but that I obviously clean and polish my car obsessively and that I have probably never been into the countryside, oh, and that my licence came from a pack of Kellog's finest cereals. How do they know me so well I wonder? :scare:

On mature reflection (and what other type of reflection am I qualified to indulge in, due to my advanced years?) the answer is ..........NO BLOOMIN' WAY! They are far too scary over there and a pitchfork up the rear end is probably more eye watering than either of us could imagine :huh:

Don't have a photo license..!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm still on a paper license too. Last time I renewed it, mid 70's I guess, it lasted until you reached 70 and when I moved here in 1978 there were no such things as photo licenses. Sadly, I'll have to renew it in 4 or so years time and although it says its free when you reach 70 it doesn't say anything about changing your paper license.

Pete

• Like 1

Don't have a photo license..!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm still on a paper license too. Last time I renewed it, mid 70's I guess, it lasted until you reached 70 and when I moved here in 1978 there were no such things as photo licenses. Sadly, I'll have to renew it in 4 or so years time and although it says its free when you reach 70 it doesn't say anything about changing your paper license.

Pete

All new licenses issued are photo, if you move etc they will issue a photo license.

I'm not sure if they also replace it if you have to send it off for any offences to to added though