Renewing your driving licence

twobears

Don't have a photo license..!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

I'm still on a paper license too. Last time I renewed it, mid 70's I guess, it lasted until you reached 70 and when I moved here in 1978 there were no such things as photo licenses. Sadly, I'll have to renew it in 4 or so years time and although it says its free when you reach 70 it doesn't say anything about changing your paper license.

Pete

All new licenses issued are photo, if you move etc they will issue a photo license.

I'm not sure if they also replace it if you have to send it off for any offences to to added though

Yes if you get offenses removed you get a photo license. :thumbs:

I think you must change your license to match your residential address now as well. Have seen people fall foul of this when collecting registered item from the Post Office. I would imagine for a shotgun licence then the addresses should match. Of course if you use a passport as ID then you are ok as the address can change. Just changed my license , that was free. Did it online on the Friday afternoon and was told will take up to 2 weeks and got it back first post Monday morning. They used the existing file photo. Can't complain about that.

• Like 1

I think you must change your license to match your residential address now as well. Have seen people fall foul of this when collecting registered item from the Post Office. I would imagine for a shotgun licence then the addresses should match. Of course if you use a passport as ID then you are ok as the address can change. Just changed my license , that was free. Did it online on the Friday afternoon and was told will take up to 2 weeks and got it back first post Monday morning. They used the existing file photo. Can't complain about that.

Thanks Rob. My home address is still my main residence and that's where my gun(s) will be kept too. I discussed that with the firearms chap at the police station so no worries on that score. I am going to Madrid next month and then wending my way back to Yorkshire so that I can have some intensive shooting tuition. Can't wait :yahoo: