Spam / scam emails

ioneabee

Here's today's scam email...Good one today. :scare: :scare:

Good day %First_Name% %Last_Name%,

We would like to work with you in an International Contract supply tender for a major South Sudan government development project.

Kindly arrange to send us, by e-mail attachment, your company profile, more information on all products and services, for our reference.

We shall deploy all resources in our disposal to ensure a successful bidding for your company.

Mr. Louis Nyandeng

Juba Bridge Head, Kator Road, South Sudan.

TEL: +883510000491150

FAX: +883510000491150

I would guess there's something wrong about that by the use of "in" rather than "at' in the sentence "We shall deploy all resources in our disposal to ensure a successful bidding for your company." if nothing else ...

grammar, spelling and punctuation rule :boxing:

Definitely originated in Nigeria. :scare:

Here's todays scam..!!! :scare:

MY NAME IS LINDA WISDOM

GOOD MORNING MY DEAR HOW ARE YOU DOING TODAY I KNOW YOU WILL BE THINKING

WHO IS THIS PLEASE IF YOU WANT TO KNOW ME MORE YOU HAVE TO WRITE TO ME

HERE (lindawisdom@outlook.com) FOR MORE ABOUT ME THANK YOU AM WAITING TO

SEE YOU IN MY EMAIL BOX

Would suggest a switch of email account Will! I change mine every few years (with an overlap of accounts of course) when it gets bad in terms of crap arriving like that.

A lot come to the Company email. which I cannot change. :surrender:

I do get a few to my private email as well. :scare:

Here's todays, New slant on it, I'm giving away £9.4 million. Didnt know I was that rich. ? :scare: :scare:

Mr. NEMAT SHAFIK. BANK OF ENGLAND THREADNEEDLE ST, LONDON EC2R 8AH UNITED KINGDOM. This is to inform you that we have received a payment instruction from Mr. Chan Tak Kin, a Citizen of China demanding that we should transfer your funds to him in the sum of GBP ï¿¡ 9,400,000.00 Million as you have given him the mandate and authorization for him to receive your funds interest of GBP ï¿¡ 9,400,000 Million. Note that he has given us a bank account in Hong-Kong China, where we will transfer your funds to him without delay. Bank of China ( Hong Kong ) 25 Wu Pak Street, Aberdeen, HK Account Name: Chan Tak Kin Swift code: BKCHHKHHCLS Routing number: 026003269 Account number: 012-879-6-034422-0 Please, find his passport attached in this email for you to verify and identify if you have truly instructed and directed him to receive your funds in Hong-Kong. We have informed him to get an official Power of Authorization from you, before we will release the funds to him, which we are still waiting for. However, we want to inform you that, you have within the next five (5) official working days to get back to us on this notice or we will release the funds to him. Feel free to call me on my direct line: +447031960881 for more explanation; thanks for your anticipated co-operation. Yours truly, Mr. Nemat Shafik. Bank of England Threadneedle St, London EC2R 8AH, United Kingdom.

• Like 1

Good grief!!

We should all call him up....Feel free to call me on my direct line: +447031960881 :lol:

yeah, but it might cost £10 a second

Its a mobile number, not sure you can have premium rate numbers on a mobile. :surrender:

Edited by WhackyWill

Good grief!!

We should all call him up....Feel free to call me on my direct line: +447031960881 :lol:

yeah, but it might cost £10 a second

Its a mobile number, not sure you can have premium rate numbers on a mobile. :surrender:

oh yes you can :surrender:

• Like 1

Here's today's scam email...Good one today. :scare: :scare:

Good day %First_Name% %Last_Name%,

We would like to work with you in an International Contract supply tender for a major South Sudan government development project.

Kindly arrange to send us, by e-mail attachment, your company profile, more information on all products and services, for our reference.

We shall deploy all resources in our disposal to ensure a successful bidding for your company.

Mr. Louis Nyandeng

Juba Bridge Head, Kator Road, South Sudan.

TEL: +883510000491150

FAX: +883510000491150

I would guess there's something wrong about that by the use of "in" rather than "at' in the sentence "We shall deploy all resources in our disposal to ensure a successful bidding for your company." if nothing else ...

grammar, spelling and punctuation rule :boxing:

ETA as you probably know, "in" always takes the ablative case whereas "at' usually takes the accusative or locative cases ...

Brian's Latin Lesson (from Monty Python Sketch)

Brian is writing a slogan on a wall, oblivious to the Roman patrol approaching from behind. The slogan is "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS". Centurion: What's this thing? "ROMANES EUNT DOMUS"? "People called Romanes they go the house?" Brian: It... it says "Romans go home". Centurion: No it doesn't. What's Latin for "Roman"?

Brian hesitates Centurion: Come on, come on! Brian: (uncertain) "ROMANUS". Centurion: Goes like? Brian: "-ANUS". Centurion: Vocative plural of "-ANUS" is? Brian: "-ANI". Centurion: (takes paintbrush from Brian and paints over) "RO-MA-NI". "EUNT"? What is "EUNT"? Brian: "Go". Centurion: Conjugate the verb "to go"! Brian: "IRE"; "EO", "IS", "IT", "IMUS", "ITIS", "EUNT". Centurion: So "EUNT" is ...? Brian: Third person plural present indicative, "they go". Centurion: But "Romans, go home!" is an order, so you must use the ...?

He lifts Brian by his short hairs Brian: The ... imperative. Centurion: Which is? Brian: Um, oh, oh, "I", "I"! Centurion: How many Romans? (pulls harder) Brian: Plural, plural! "ITE".

Centurion strikes over "EUNT" and paints "ITE" on the wall Centurion: "I-TE". "DOMUS"? Nominative? "Go home", this is motion towards, isn't it, boy? Brian: (very anxious) Dative?

Centurion draws his sword and holds it to Brian's throat Brian: Ahh! No, ablative, ablative, sir. No, the, accusative, accusative, ah, DOMUM, sir. Centurion: Except that "DOMUS" takes the ...? Brian: ... the locative, sir! Centurion: Which is? Brian: "DOMUM". Centurion: (satisfied) "DOMUM"...

He strikes out "DOMUS" and writes "DOMUM" Centurian: ..."-MUM". Understand? Brian: Yes sir. Centurion: Now write it down a hundred times. Brian: Yes sir, thank you sir, hail Caesar, sir. Centurion: (saluting) Hail Caesar. If it's not done by sunrise, I'll cut your balls off. Brian: (very relieved) Oh thank you sir, thank you sir, hail Caesar and everything, sir!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

had this one today (been having similar for a few weeks though)

do you think I should open the attached ".doc" file :wacko:

Customer No : 22328

Email address : my email address

Attached file name : 22328_201512.doc

Dear Customer

Please find attached your UK Fuels invoice for ISO Week 201512.

If you have any queries regarding your e-bill you can contact us at invoices@ebillinvoice.com. Alternatively you can log on to your account at www.velocitycardmanagement.com to review your transactions and manage your account online.

had this one today (been having similar for a few weeks though)

do you think I should open the attached ".doc" file :wacko:

Customer No : 22328

Email address : my email address

Attached file name : 22328_201512.doc

Dear Customer

Please find attached your UK Fuels invoice for ISO Week 201512.

If you have any queries regarding your e-bill you can contact us at invoices@ebillinvoice.com. Alternatively you can log on to your account at www.velocitycardmanagement.com to review your transactions and manage your account online.

I literally just had the same BS email today as well. Deleted it straight away. :thumbdown:

Had a really good one the other week on my work email saying that we had been selected to help oversee & supply goods for the rebuilding of Libya. :surrender:

Not sure how long it would take to rebuild Libya via 3D printing & vacuum casting though so I deleted it. :lol:

Here's today's, just hit my inbox..

My name is Gatan Magsino, I work with Mediterranean Bank in Malta. Can i trust you with a business worth 8.3 million USD? Please reply ONLY to my private email: tamag@rogers.com for more information.

Gatan Magsino is a close personal friend of mine, I gave him your email after hearing about all your many famous contacts and stories of fantastic escapades...

• Like 1

Get on it then Stu!! That Susanna is so hot. :cloud9::D

We're meeting in a car park in Coventry next week. She's asked to me bring 5 grand for her visa fee, so she can stay in the country. Just off to the cash point...

• Like 3