ECU Remap - 350Z DE - Thoughts?

RS8055

Hi guys,

I am not very knowledgable with regards to the gains (if any) I may get from doing this, but I thought I'd ask for opinions. I bought my 350Z (2004) DE completely standard. Since then, due to the strict Luxembourg laws on modifications, I have only managed to fit the following:

- Invidia Gemini true dual cat-back system

- Lightweight Flywheel

- New clutch

I was thinking of getting a remap done on the car, but wanted to know the following:

- Is it worth doing?

- If so, does anyone know roughly what kind of gains I am likely to get from the remap (if any)?

- Where could I get this done and for what kind of price?

I'll be driving over to the UK next month for a week.

Cheers,

Ryan

http://www.h-dev.co....ge=350z_mapping

350Z and 370Z remapping

Horsham Developments is an UpRev authorised Pro Tuner. The UpRev engine management software allows us to fully remap the standard 350Z and 370Z ECU.

We have remapped (aka chip tuned) many 350Zs with great results. You can expect:

Better throttle response - the standard ECU reduces throttle response in the lower gears. By tuning the throttle pedal to throttle plate map we can make the car feel more lively. Also, fuel and ignition timing map optimisation is carried out leading to further improvements.

More power and more torque - by optimising the various fuelling and ignition timing maps we get the most power and torque from your car

Better fuel economy - some customers report better fuel economy after their remap. Obviously this varies quite a bit depending on driving style.

Speed and rev limits - we can alter speed and rev limits

Removal of check engine light if running with de-cat pipes

Multi maps - some cars (dependent on ECU) can have up to 5 ignition, fuel and rev / speed limit maps. This allows, for example, a valet map or a map for high octane fuel

We get good gains from completely standard cars and make the most of cars fitted with aftermarket parts. Check out our engine upgrade packages here.

Take a look in our Facebook gallery for examples and graphs showing our 350Z and 370Z ECU remapping.

We can custom map the ECU for a standard engine or almost any modifications. We have access to the following tables: 350Z Mapping

Idle RPM

Speed Limiter

Electronic Throttle Control to achieve Wide Open Throttle at all speeds

Rev Limiter

DTC disable

AFR Targets

Fuel Compensation

Ignition Timing Advance

Cam Phasing for equipped vehicles

MAF transfer function

Cranking Enrichment and Ignition Advance

Injector Latency

K Fuel Multiplier

Intake Temp

Calculated Load vs. RPM

Minimum Effective Injector Pulse Width

The UpRev software is a licenced based system. Once you have bought the software licence we can remap your car as many times as required.

A 350Z or 370Z remap for a normally aspirated car is £399.99 inc VAT, dyno time and Uprev license. If you already have an Uprev license on your ECU mapping is done at a reduced price. Mapping forced induction cars is more time consuming and therefore a little more expensive - ask for a quote

Uprev also allows us to bypass the immobilser on supported cars. The 350Z, 350GT and G35 Skyline can all suffer from NATS immobiliser failure. Often Nissan cannot help, especially on Japanese imports. The error codes are often P1610 and/or P1614. More info here.

if the only mod you've done is an exhaust, then not a lot in terms of absolute numbers - maybe 15bhp? add a plenum spacer and high flow cats for better gains. but all the advocates of an uprev will tell you its not about absolute power gained, but the way the car feels when you drive it... personally, I don't buy into it myself, im happy with just an exhaust.

• Like 1

I went the usual route and fitted High flow cats,dual exhaust,etc.and had my car uprev remapped at TDI North. Only difference I,ve found is that the car revs harder to achieve the same speeds per gear. No noticeable accelaration improvement and fuel usage is poorer. For me, not worth the cost but the exhaust is ace.

BHP went from 313 to 333.

Good luck

Hello Ryan.

I'm not going to recommend doing it or not doing it but all I'm going to do is say have a good read through the "dyno results" thread and make up your own mind.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/23450-dyno-results-info-thread/

Personally I was happy with my car after my first UpRev & I did feel it made a difference to the way it drove but that is purely how I felt about it. :thumbs:

Some people are happy and some are not with their map. Some people haven't even managed to get to the standard power after the map due to the car lossing so much power with age. (also assuming it had 280 when new)

If you have a place near you who can do it then I would, it was just too much of a nightmare for people in Scotland to get it done with the closest person about 5 hours drive away, otherwise I would have got it done on mine.

Check out page 2 of my before and after dyno runs during my remap.

http://www.350z-uk.c...ey/page__st__20

23hp more, 24lb/ft more from (on the day) plenum, '06 airbox, ecu and sports cats.

i got to be honest, i have had other remaps before but i didnt notice any difference in the drive after for the Z. other than being louder i didnt notice any difference in the pull at all.

also my MPG has never recovered (See page 3 of that thread.)

its 100 vs 1, i seem to be the only person with negative mpg after. at least to this degree. maybe im the fool.

but, if your after solid proof in the way of numbers, the above thread will show you numbers. if you want to know ''how it feels'', then everyone will describe it differently in their own words.

Pritchard

Edited by Pritchard
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally feel it's made the car more responsive to the throttle and having that extra bit of torque does sharpen it up a little. You're not going to make a huge amount of power, but it just helps to get the most out of your mods and also just lets the car behave the way it should have been out of the factory.

So to remap stock ECU I need to get some UpRev license?

I can't just connect via OBD2 and do some minor changes?

My biggest concern at the moment is that, throttle in 1st:2nd and 3rd gear are limited by the stock map!

But those gears are the ones I will use on track to drift...

There is no DIY right?

Oh and I have an european LHD model ;)

Edited by S14DST

My biggest concern at the moment is that, throttle in 1st:2nd and 3rd gear are limited by the stock map!

There is no DIY right?

You need an Osiris tuner cable and you can adjust everything by yourself.

http://uprev.com/secure/osiris-tuner

Instead of translating 'Restricted' into ''less Power'', translate it to 'higher Latency' , or 'Lag Time'

The power to the road does not change.

:thumbs:

So it's just not as responsive as it can be pedal wise?

Sorry for such simple questions, but I never had to deal with zeds, only now for a few months of owning it :)

Instead of translating 'Restricted' into ''less Power'', translate it to 'higher Latency' , or 'Lag Time'

The power to the road does not change.

:thumbs:

So it's just not as responsive as it can be pedal wise?

Sorry for such simple questions, but I never had to deal with zeds, only now for a few months of owning it :)

Check for posts made by Abbey motorsports.

Mark has made mention many times abou thow it works.

a Z doesnt have 276bhp in 4>6th gear, bit 220-bhp(-20%) in 1>3rd :lol: :lol:

I had a VVC engine previously that had the same 'delay' built into the factory tune. there was a great graph for it, i'll see if i can dig it out.

think of it this way:

Our throttle is drive-by-wire, not cable.

Slam your foot to the floor from 0% open throttle (closed) to 100% open throttle (Fully Open) might take 0.3secs.

however the ECU actually controlls throttle position, based on the ecu tune, load, position of foot etc.

in that same foot movement, the ECU might reach Fully Open in 0.4secs

The numbers are made up, just to create an example. but the throttle will be opened 100%.(if it wasnt, you wouldnt make maximum power) it just takes longer to open *IN COMPARISION* to your foot strike.

There is no DIY right?

no trouble to supply Uprev cable and a good base to start with. As long as the car has wide bands fitted I can E tune the car via datalogging.

Although some people say they cant feel a difference a lot of people are very happy after tuning with Uprev.

PM or email mark@abbeymotorsport.co.uk

thanks

Pretty sure 1st 2nd 3rd are restricted.

Something like 70/80/90% you're not getting the full power band out of the them.

#teamtarmac

no we thought it was restricted int he lower 3 gears but it is the response that is different in the lower 3 gears , as I say the elastic throttle cable is more stretchy in the lower 3 gears than in the upper 3 gears.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s