Forgive me, for I have sinned... (Mustang Content)

Paddy78

A lot of you seem to be very sure that this car is going to be the second coming and cant believe that a few of us aren't completely in love with it already. I just hope it doesn't disappoint when it hits the streets over here. (And I mean that - I'd love to see it do well).

£33K for a brand new V8, with all the equipment you need coming as standard fit....sounds like the bargain...if I was still young (sadly more middle aged these days :(), I would be borrowing/begging which ever way I can to raise the funds :lol:.

Still Ford is either very brave or very stupid to be bringing a V8 to market when everyone else is going the other way, BMW have even mentioned future 4 - 3 cylinder M cars :surrender: ....Not to mention the New Focus RS is due soon, which I would imagine would be priced at a similar level.

Good on Ford, I wish them luck...Lets just hope oil prices don't rocket back up in the next 12 months once Russia, the US, and OPEC decide to stop playing games with each other.

Edited by gangzoom

A lot of you seem to be very sure that this car is going to be the second coming and cant believe that a few of us aren't completely in love with it already. I just hope it doesn't disappoint when it hits the streets over here. (And I mean that - I'd love to see it do well).

I don't think anyone is under any illusion. It may be a steamimg pile of Mustang poo. However, on paper, it looks to be amazing. Let's hope we aren't all disappointed!

• Like 1

I have never a big fan of American 'muscle' cars on UK roads. Shelby mustangs old or new don't look cool at all in the UK. Sorry.

This on the other hand looks ok. Nothing special in my opinion and again an American muscle car is massively uncool. Edit- in the UK.

Edited by WINKJ

I think it's only normal that not everyone loves it, but I think it's fair to say around 90% of us do. Personally I think it looks great, sounds great and goes great (in a straight line) Hopefully it'll be able to handle great as well with it's new set up or we'll all be pretty disappointed. Now I just gotta find somewhere to go look at one :D

I don't quite understand why people have doubts about this car??

£33k for a BRAND NEW RWD 400bhp V8 coupe, no doubt it will have little electronic driving aids, so seasonally it's a good old fashioned NA RWD V8.....Surely that's every petrol heads dream?? And at that price why wouldn't you buy one...I much rather have the Mustang than a M135i/Golf R/AMG Merc.

If I didn't have a family, was still single etc I would have pre-ordered one already...probably by re-mortgaging the house :)

• Like 1

What if, for example, a person can't stand the look of the thing? I'm not in the camp - I think it looks just ok - but it's a bit odd to imply that everyone who likes cars must want this car without exception.

Agreed. Personally I think it's a bargain, much like the M135i is, but I wouldn't want to own an M135i as it's a bit ugly (oh, the irony of that coming from a 6 series owner! :lol: ), so I can understand why people wouldn't want one. As a generation of petrolheads though, I think we should all be very excited by this car, what it represents and the value it offers.

Much like the GT-R: It's not a car I have any interest in owning, but I can appreciate that it's an absolute stonking piece of kit for the cash.

• Like 2

What if, for example, a person can't stand the look of the thing? I'm not in the camp - I think it looks just ok - but it's a bit odd to imply that everyone who likes cars must want this car without exception.

Agreed. Personally I think it's a bargain, much like the M135i is, but I wouldn't want to own an M135i as it's a bit ugly (oh, the irony of that coming from a 6 series owner! :lol: ), so I can understand why people wouldn't want one. As a generation of petrolheads though, I think we should all be very excited by this car, what it represents and the value it offers.

Much like the GT-R: It's not a car I have any interest in owning, but I can appreciate that it's an absolute stonking piece of kit for the cash.

Totally agree. I'm looking forward to seeing them and hearing impressions from people who actually drive them. Doubt I'd buy one though as the overall package doesn't really appeal to me. Evora S is top of my next car wish list (for now). :)

Just got back from a week in LA and rented a 2014 Stingray and Mustang V8 droptop over the weekend to explore Mulholland and Little Tajunga with. Apart from being absolutely extraordinary roads and the equal of anything you'll find in the Swiss alps, the tarmac is also in better shape, quiter and in lacking so many mountain goats. Never thought I'd see roads like that in the USA but they do exist...

Anyway the mustang:

Positives: Big V8 provides massive torque and thrust well beyond 100mph, which IMHO is where it operates best. Nice soft sidewalls help progressive powersliding feedback. Decent but not spectacular soundtrack. Hides its weight fairly well and the convertible schassis is surprisingly tight. Brakes held up ok. Bargain if you can handle the interior and hairshirtiness of it all.

Negatives: Electric steering is the work of the devil. Not as over-servo'd as the stingray but still hateful. Very lazy throttle response. Burps on downshifts rather than pops & bangs. Terrible cabin build quality. Slushbox auto, even in semi-auto mode takes forever.

Had a lot of fun with her regardless...

The Stingray was a bit of a let down; so much potential ruined with electric steering, fly by wire throttle and rev response which was ridiculously lazy. High speed brake stability was questionable. Too much technology. The V8 soundtrack was monstrous though! quite a machine when it gets going into triple digits...

DT

• Like 1

Think I read that the Shelby was something like you buy a standard V8 and then it's shipped to Shelby who then do all of the upgrades and relieve you of ~£26K

Bottom article above :

To get a Shelby GT, existing 2015 Mustang GT Fastback or Convertible owners can contact their dealer and pay a $39,995 (£26,500) upgrade fee. Shelby will then carry out the modifications and issue the car with a unique number and official documentation to prove its authenticity.
Edited by DavidS14

Just got back from a week in LA and rented a 2014 Stingray and Mustang V8 droptop over the weekend to explore Mulholland and Little Tajunga with. Apart from being absolutely extraordinary roads and the equal of anything you'll find in the Swiss alps, the tarmac is also in better shape, quiter and in lacking so many mountain goats. Never thought I'd see roads like that in the USA but they do exist...

Anyway the mustang:

Positives: Big V8 provides massive torque and thrust well beyond 100mph, which IMHO is where it operates best. Nice soft sidewalls help progressive powersliding feedback. Decent but not spectacular soundtrack. Hides its weight fairly well and the convertible schassis is surprisingly tight. Brakes held up ok. Bargain if you can handle the interior and hairshirtiness of it all.

Negatives: Electric steering is the work of the devil. Not as over-servo'd as the stingray but still hateful. Very lazy throttle response. Burps on downshifts rather than pops & bangs. Terrible cabin build quality. Slushbox auto, even in semi-auto mode takes forever.

Had a lot of fun with her regardless...

The Stingray was a bit of a let down; so much potential ruined with electric steering, fly by wire throttle and rev response which was ridiculously lazy. High speed brake stability was questionable. Too much technology. The V8 soundtrack was monstrous though! quite a machine when it gets going into triple digits...

DT

What model year was the Mustang? 2014?

because there the same?

2012_00017_01.jpg

lead8-ford-mustang-boss-302.jpg

2015-mustang-drive-ri_653.jpg

129858d1386284185-2015-mustang-fully-revealed-2015-ford-mustang-dash.jpg

the new car is entirely new chassis wise

there is more of difference between the 2015 and 2014 mustangs than between the de and HR 350z but everyone claims the HR is better so say these two mustang is similar is stupid

Edited by StevoD