Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

• 1 month later...

im struggling to think what you could do to a 645ci to be honest... wheels and tyres aren't really 'big plans', neither would be an exhaust... and surely no one would put forced induction on a 6 series (hilarious though that would be)

im thinking its going to be handling related... ARBs, coilovers and geometry check, to make it feel more like an M car.

ooh ive got it... since the MR2 is going, are you gonna bucket seat and cage the 645? and rob a bank to pay for slick tyres and decent brakes?

Just read the thread and think your pretty good at doing little write ups so kudos for that B)

If your pimping the 6 then I am shocked you didn't just go M6 given the relatively small difference in price second hand.

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 1

Big plans are afoot for the 6er. Big plans.

Some bits are on order, some bits are going to be ordered shortly, some bits are needing to be fitted by professionals.

Corner turned. No going back now.

:ninja:

Air ride and wheels that don't fit

• Like 1

Bought a spare key today. Just a valet one as I only need it for emergencies, but I was somewhat surprised when it turned up as a single piece of solid... Plastic?

Yup, spare keys of that era are now made of grey plastic. They still have a small transponder in so do indeed start the car (but not turn off the alarm, sorry neighbours :blush: ), but not exactly what I expected. Still, only £40 instead of £140 for the full remote doobry.

A set of ARBs shall likely be on the car shortly after I return from LM, I feel the need to start tinkering :teeth:

The plastic key is a wallet key ( self explanatory ) but your right the cheapest way to get a second key.

If your normal key stops working you can start the car with the plastic one and then turn it off and restart with your normal key before the immobilizer cuts in. I only know this as i bought one of them for my sons beemer as it was the cheapest way to diagnose his non starting issue which was down to the key packing up. Then the cheapest place i could get a replacement key was actually from BMW. Bear that in mind if you ever need one.

• Like 1

If they did an M6 with a manual 'box in RHD then I'd have loved one. I reckon £10K puts a V10 in the car I've got, which would make more sense and be cheaper than buying an M6 and trying to convert it.

Not that I'm doing that just yet.