Who had a White Christmas? I did!

flyboy

Snowing outside, not looking like its settling though.....At work tomorrow, but winter wheels have been on the BMW for the last month.....Last time I had to go to work with snow on the ground I ended up losing control of the car in the car park for about 1 minute which resulted in several donut shaped tyre marks in the snow :lol: :lol: .....Actually cannot wait to go to work tomorrow.

Hell No !!!! keep away!!

Drove over to Wales in the Zed as my Christmas treat as she's been off the road pretty much since early Nov so decided to treat us both to a decent drive so hoping we can avoid the white study until I get back to Norfolk tomorrow after a detour via Trowbridge to visit a mate who works overseas. After I get back will pray to the Snow god for lots of it !

Edited by Mudman

I had to drive from Stoke to Macclesfield at about 6pm today. It took almost 2 hours for what should be a 40 minute journey. The main roads were like a car park as for some reason, people are incapable of driving when there's 2 inches of snow on the ground.

So i took to the back roads to avoid the traffic, only to find our route blocked by a downed tree! I got out to have a look and there was definitely no way through! :scare:

58423BFF-7C1D-4C1E-91C7-F0B5A367B426-7795-00000C0DF92E6C10_zps51b2acc1.jpg

50057FCB-010F-4116-B1A1-DFDB2684A59D-7795-00000C0DFDAD2A80_zps80860b75.jpg

I had to drive from Stoke to Macclesfield at about 6pm today. It took almost 2 hours for what should be a 40 minute journey. The main roads were like a car park as for some reason, people are incapable of driving when there's 2 inches of snow on the ground.

So i took to the back roads to avoid the traffic, only to find our route blocked by a downed tree! I got out to have a look and there was definitely no way through! :scare:

58423BFF-7C1D-4C1E-91C7-F0B5A367B426-7795-00000C0DF92E6C10_zps51b2acc1.jpg

50057FCB-010F-4116-B1A1-DFDB2684A59D-7795-00000C0DFDAD2A80_zps80860b75.jpg

We always carry a chain saw when we go out, nout worse than going for a jolly up a logging track and not being able to get home due to a tree down

• Like 1

Hi Bronzee

Your a bit out on the height its 950m at the top but we started from 230ish so its just over a 730m climb.

About 3 hours in total including lunch in the blizzard at the top.

Would love to come back to your part of the world and do some, now I'm into the mountains.

Was over there in 1990, did a bit but not enough.