Cal's Bianco Fuji 350z - Pics P22

Cal

Mate your lights look amazing! I'd love them on mine but got a feeling they're costing a bomb!

Cheers dude, from all the photos I've seen they're exactly what I wanted.

Shame I won't have these fitted any time soon, as the car goes in for the respray Monday!

• Like 1

This is going to look soooooo good. Can't wait to see the finished job

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Thanks matey!

I hope it does - so much deliberation and Photoshops! I've over thought literally everything!

But it's all nailed on and definite now...

For those that don't know my plans;

Full respray in Ferrari Bianco Fuji pearl white.

- Retain v2 front

- Amuse Powerhouse sides

- 370z side repeaters

- Chargespeed rear modify vents to reflect 370z Nismo

- Nismo v3 spoiler

Can't wait for it to look a little something like this!

v3newblank.jpg

I'm peeling all the wrap off the car this weekend - it goes in Monday (could take up to a month as it's a favour and a lot of bodywork involved)

All the new body bits are at the paintshop ready!

Edited by Cal
  • Like 3

Can't wait to see this Cal. Take plenty of photos please :)

I will do mate :)

-----

Right - it hasn't gone in this Monday as planned, I didn't have time to strip the vinyl as agreed with the bodyshop. My Nanna has fallen seriously ill, so I've been spending time with her while I still can.

I've been stripping the car in the evenings/time off work during the week, I'll have it ready for this Monday coming no problem... If you're wondering why I haven't stripped the rear bumper/side skirts, it's because they are being replaced with different ones

The wings/front bumper look white, because they were originally painted to match the vinyl, it was a poor match so ended up being wrapped anyway! Not as satisfying to peel back white vinyl to see white paint underneath haha! :rant:

I only have the front bumper to do - then panel wipe the glue off and give it a quick clay.

This took about an hour and a half - so frustrating!

1_1.jpg

An afternoon's work...

2_1.jpg

One side near enough done come darkness!

3_1.jpg

Day 2 I got all the passenger side and boot done, as well as all the drivers side - I can only assume as it was sunny, not freezing like the previous days, it helped! Came off much easier, either that or I was getting the hang of it!

This is exactly why I hate the fridge/ambulance/kettle white... Look at the definition in shape/highlight you lose on that line in the door!

I love it in white - but hate the loss of definition. Ferrari Bianco Fuji should rectify this problem!

4_1.jpg

Bianco Fuji sample, sat on the bonnet in sunlight.

6_1.jpg

Brave new look... you dig?

5_1.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers boys, means a lot! :)

Stripping the car, as much as a ball ache as it's been, has kept me sane! Somehow :surrender:

Mind numbing almost autonomous job which keeps your hands busy and lets your brain think about the important stuff without realising it I guess :)

• Like 1

Well, I got the glue off... It required 1k thinners and a rubber scraper! If anyone has to remove wrap in the future - don't bother with Turps/AG Tar/Glue remover etc, just go straight for thinners (1k so won't touch 2k paint).

After that I gave everything a clay and a panel wipe.

20150307_115838.jpg

20150307_115850.jpg

And this is it, dropped off at the bodyshop looking like a patchwork mess this morning... Finally happening! Cannot wait :D

The front end is still white as it was painted to match the vinyl of the car, the match was poor... So was wrapped anyway! :surrender:

20150309_083105.jpg

20150309_083120.jpg

Edited by Cal

Another spanner in the works, no work on my car at the bodyshop till Monday as the guy has done his back in!

On the plus side - my lights are in transit from America and will be here Wednesday :D

Off/On picture just because! :blush:

lightsoffon.jpg

• Like 8

Just read through all of this this morning, what an amazing build. Those lights look half iron man half transformer, absolutely killing it! Can't wait to see thsi painted up looks amazing so far. Really good read too :)

• Like 1

Just read through all of this this morning, what an amazing build. Those lights look half iron man half transformer, absolutely killing it! Can't wait to see thsi painted up looks amazing so far. Really good read too :)

Thanks mate, that's really kind of you to say! Glad you enjoyed it :)

I've been sent lots of pictures from the bodyshop tonight, the prep and welding is going well. Will post the pictures tomorrow.

This is amazeballs

Haha! I don't think anyone has ever called it that before! But thank you mate! I hope it looks amazeballs when done too :D

looking forward to those pics :thumbs:

Cheers mate, hope my old carbon bonnet is serving you well!

Seen your update on facebook so I thought I would check progress, get the finger out and get the pictures up :teeth:

Haha! To be honest mate, there's not a great deal more done than you see in the photo!

Rear bumper off, boot badge holes, wiper hole, unrequired spoiler holes welded and flushed, side repeaters welded and flushed, 370z side repeaters fitted, side skirts off, front bumper off.

He's going to weld/flush the aerial tomorrow I think, then it's on to the exciting stuff! Fitting the new amuse powerhouse sides and Nismo vented Chargespeed rear modification/fitting.

:snack:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will be some action worth posting next week hopefully mate :)

• Like 2

Some photos sent by the bodyshop - nothing exciting yet really... All that starts this week :)

Dropped off in a sorry state - vinyl white panels unrequired, front end was painted white to match (poor match)

1_1.jpg

2_1.jpg

Swiss cheese bootlid - awful spoiler fitting job by someone

3_1.jpg

4_1.jpg

5_1.jpg

Wiper hole welded

7.jpg

Boot holes welded/flushed (retaining middle two holes for v3 spoiler)

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Sideskirts off/door dings corrected

14.jpg

15.jpg

370z Side repeaters fitting/old indicator hole welded/flushed

11.jpg

12.jpg

Front end off ready for prep/repair

13.jpg

Edited by Cal
  • Like 3

Are you going to have anything protecting the new paint ?

A couple of mates have had their Speciale's and other cars done here:

http://www.topazlondon.com/services#topaz-paint-protection-film

Or some other friends use a mates place that does the Ventureshield stuff:

http://cgperformance.co.uk/?page_id=751

Quite a few new products out there but I know for sure those 2 places are very, very high quality work.

Possibly yes Rob, I'm unsure really... Either that or Supaguard perhaps.

Aerial antenna is being welded today (I always hated it!) - I will install a subtle internal aerial.

After that, it's on to fitting the Amuse sides, V3 spoiler, CS rear with Nismo style vent mod and repair the front bumper, should be looking like a car very soon!

• Like 1