Cal's Bianco Fuji 350z - Pics P22

Cal

None of these photos really do the colour any justice apparently - I've not seen it yet, my painter friend has barred me from the paintshop until it's done!

Masked up and primed;

1.jpg

2.jpg

Body painted up!

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

My mate messing around with his fish eye lens on my worst kerbed wheel!

13.jpg

The spoiler does NOT want to take paint... My painter mate works shifts and will not be able to finish till Saturday :rant:

14.jpg

I've dropped my Z-Works lights off at the garage for 8 to 6 pin conversion - hopefully have those back soon.

Old vs new!

2015-04-10%2018.35.15.jpg

• Like 3

Not looking :shutup::not_me:

You're definitely looking! :yuck:

Looking Awesome mate :thumbs:B)

Cheers matey! :D

exciting!!! shame about the spoiler... i'm sure they can fix it somehow? B)

My mate is confident he can fix it - he's not sure why it's doing this as it's just abs plastic... It's the only bit left to paint!

Car looks awesome man, I do love a nice white car!

Dont suppose you are looking to sell on your old lights? Are they OEM?

Thanks mate :)

Yes they are OEM, one has a lower bracket damage and a repaired hole, they will also have no ballasts - I will sell them for sure, I'm just not sure what to charge for them! I'll get a for sale thread up soon...

No seriously I'm not here, or looking...... :ninja:

Hey you there in the bushes!

This is going to be the nicest looking Z on here by a distance.

That's a bold statement buddy, haha! Loads of amazing examples on here, but thank you very much, very kind words!

Looking very nice cal! Absolutely love the colour fair play, lot of effort and money going in to this! ;)

Thanks mate, took me a good while to decide on it, but very happy I went with it. Look similar to the Nissan pearl white, just a lot more pearl... All my money is going into making the car appear newer than it actually is, ha! I used to get the odd person ask if it was a 370z, if that increases after it's finished then job done :blush:

Very very nice man !!

Loving it , esp the lights .... Really would like to get that done to mine but scared to try and split them !!

I was also mate believe me, I just saw Z-Works stuff and had to have a set, he uses oxy-butyl sealant and offers a year condensation guarantee. Should be enough peace of mind! I still worry though!

Loving the colour! It's looking really good even when it's not done yet! Bet it will be ridiculously great when completed :thumbs:

I hope so buddy, yours is coming along nicely :)

Are you keeping the door handles the same colour as the car then? Think a bit of contrast would look good. Either way the car looks great already and its not even finished! :teeth:

I like contrast on the handles. Match them to your wheels or headlight internals

Trust you two to throw spanners in the works ;)

Well I used to like black handles too, but I hated how the eye was drawn to them straight away and not the curves of the car, I loved the smooth colour coded look.

If I'm unconvinced after the respray - I'll get a 2nd set and do them shadow chrome like the wheels :)

• Like 1

Not going to be sending my lights to the US ...... Need to find someone in the uk !

There is a guy in Wigan who will paint the internals satin black for £70.

I was going to have mine done, but I don't think it's worth doing with pre facelift lights.

Thanks mate :) Not going to be sending my lights to the US ...... Need to find someone in the uk !

Speak to Parello with the 370z, he's had his done in this country.

I missed the bonnet last time round - Now that is a nice finish - especially for the inside - love it when owners go the extra mile and do a proper job - Kudos mate :thumbs:

Cheers mate, I haven't seen it yet... I'm hoping it looks as good as it does in my head :blush:

The spoiler (paint reacted) will be painted tomorrow - hopefully he can rectify the problem. My lights are converted 8 to 6 pin, taking them over this afternoon... Then it's just assembly and final detail!

My insurance and V5 are updated - it's official now ;)

No more nice chats with the police as to why my car is registered as silver... They used to love it when I told them that the white vinyl was a temporary finish and that I did not have to declare it to the DVLA :lol:

IMG_20150417_084243.jpg

Not going to be sending my lights to the US ...... Need to find someone in the uk !

There is a guy in Wigan who will paint the internals satin black for £70.

I was going to have mine done, but I don't think it's worth doing with pre facelift lights.

Any contact details mate ?

just caught up on this thread after missing the last 6 weeks, and what a difference! So close seeing the final look! I can't believe how well those rear vents came out. I was expecting the gap to be excessive and small children would disappear inside but it looks tidy as. I take it (from the photoshopped versions) those wheels are staying the same colour?

Anything else being added/changed you've not let us into yet?

Also just got a call from my dad saying our car has developed a couple of bubbles in the paint since i left, so these will be sorted soon and while we're at it, get a full respray! Decisions decisions!!!

• Like 1

just caught up on this thread after missing the last 6 weeks, and what a difference! So close seeing the final look! I can't believe how well those rear vents came out. I was expecting the gap to be excessive and small children would disappear inside but it looks tidy as. I take it (from the photoshopped versions) those wheels are staying the same colour?

Anything else being added/changed you've not let us into yet?

Also just got a call from my dad saying our car has developed a couple of bubbles in the paint since i left, so these will be sorted soon and while we're at it, get a full respray! Decisions decisions!!!

Yeah, I'm really happy with the vents, he nailed it exactly how I wanted... I think if they were kept the standard Chargespeed size without the bar, they would look massive as you say.

I will be keeping the wheels shadow chrome, the colour needs to be seen in person. It suits the white really well... I do however have 2 with nicks in, so will try and push a refurb before Wales!

Aside from that, nothing that I haven't wrote about in the last 3/4 pages mate :)

Full respray sounds good! Dooooit!