The only modding I'm getting to do these days...

Cragus

So I have wood burning stove and recently I've been getting dismantled wooden whisky casks to chop and use as firewood. However, I was out in the Clyde Valley one day and say some products made from whisky barrels and that gave me the inspiration to try a few things myself. Being a relatively noob DIYer, I wasn't hoping for much but I am pretty pleased with how my designs have turned out. I have made a huge clock from the cask lid and from the sides, about 12 candle holders and a wine rack.

Anyone else in to this kind of thing?

A huge clock - the bottle of HP whisky is full size to give you an idea.

FullSizeRender_zps7a34a11f.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps0dd4ccc0.jpg

Tealight Candle holders

IMG_0398_zps5c91e69f.jpg

IMG_0402_zps43e267b4.jpg

Wine rack (holds 12 bottle) - half a cask lid and two staves.

IMG_0412_zpsdc75ac75.jpg

IMG_0416_zps90a7496c.jpg

• Like 2

They look really smart. Looks like you could be on to a little sideline there!

Any plans for another modded car? Yours was one of the meanest looking Zeds.

I have had a lot of people asking me to do stuff for them so might do some stuff to sell. I have given everything I have made away so far. lol

Cheers Paddy! As for another modded car - eventually! I get married in April so will be actively looking after that. I nearly went for a supercharged S2 Exige after selling the Nissan but deep down I really crave something in that next level of amazingness. My pockets aren't quite deep enough for it just now though! I should of saved all that money I spunked on the zed! haha

Bodyboarder - I am increasingly as you describe - love a good bit of wood :lol: :lol: :lol: ! A wooden pallet makes me weak at the knees. :lol:

They look really smart. Looks like you could be on to a little sideline there!

Any plans for another modded car? Yours was one of the meanest looking Zeds.

I have had a lot of people asking me to do stuff for them so might do some stuff to sell. I have given everything I have made away so far. lol

Cheers Paddy! As for another modded car - eventually! I get married in April so will be actively looking after that. I nearly went for a supercharged S2 Exige after selling the Nissan but deep down I really crave something in that next level of amazingness. My pockets aren't quite deep enough for it just now though! I should of saved all that money I spunked on the zed! haha

Bodyboarder - I am increasingly as you describe - love a good bit of wood :lol: :lol: :lol: ! A wooden pallet makes me weak at the knees. :lol:

I know it's crazy man ...... It's something about wood and men .... It's addictive . Every time I take a nice ash / beech/ oak down I thinks... Phooor that's gonna burn lovely on my wood burner ! When I put a log on the fire I even can remember where I cut it down from and it's been seasoning for 2 years!! I'm crazy :)

• Like 1

I like those, always great to see people turning their hand at something new. well done! :thumbs:

One thing though and I could be well off the mark but if you start doing this as a small business will you have licensing issues using the distilleries name?

I used to do a lot of woodturning and carving plus make walking sticks. (and other arty farty sh1)

People will always love your stuff................... Getting them to pay good cash is a different matter. :blush::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Post it and if it makes it in one piece then we will approve of your craftsmanship :lol:

I could send it royal mail special delivery insuring it for £500 as a one off commissioned piece. And when it turns up in bits you are covered and have some whisky soaked firewood into the bargain. lol