remap completed

Dashurik

What was your numbers?

Whether you feel it or not your car should be running correctly for all the mods you have :thumbs:

Thats correct,can't argue with that statement,but unfortunately people state that they feel the difference which I don't.

I had overall gain. 10lbft...18hp...

tell you what, you drive my car (53 plate, 66k, only mod is a cat back exhaust) and i'll drive yours (same year, similar mileage, except all the mods and uprev) and i'll tell you if it honestly feels any different!

I think it irrelevant .every car is different..you need to drive yours before and after remap to see a difference..

Keep an eye on your mpg over the next few days. If your engine is now in tune with your mods, then surely the claim of better mpg will ring true.

for two years of ownership i have never looked how much it "eats"...its my toy car,I only did 2.5k in two years...

What people forget is it might be 18bhp but if it's 18bhp over the full rev range that a fair amount when you get this vag lot getting 50-60 hp on a revo that will be at 1 point on boost not the full time in some cases they loose low down hp so they can have a higher number top end

Dont bash the VAG,

I like VAG :lol:

What people forget is it might be 18bhp but if it's 18bhp over the full rev range that a fair amount when you get this vag lot getting 50-60 hp on a revo that will be at 1 point on boost not the full time in some cases they loose low down hp so they can have a higher number top end

Dont bash the VAG,

I love bashing VAG too :p
  • Like 6

Dont bash the VAG,

I love bashing VAG too :p

Filth :ban::lol:

• Like 2

Must admit I was expecting to open this thread to see 'feels amazing worth every penny' - your gains are not particularly big so not surprised you can't feel anything.

The appeal of the uprev is the 'drivability' which I must admit I felt when I had mine done, but, it was no different to when I had the throttle controller on the car which cost me £65 and a 2 minute install. If I ever got a zed again I would not do the uprev simply because in my mind, its just not worth the money when there is a much cheaper option (for what I want in terms of low gear drive).

Edited by coldel

Must admit I was expecting to open this thread to see 'feels amazing worth every penny' - your gains are not particularly big so not surprised you can't feel anything.

The appeal of the uprev is the 'drivability' which I must admit I felt when I had mine done, but, it was no different to when I had the throttle controller on the car which cost me £65 and a 2 minute install. If I ever got a zed again I would not do the uprev simply because in my mind, its just not worth the money when there is a much cheaper option (for what I want in terms of low gear drive).

I wish they did the throttle controller for the HR engine, but unfortunately it's not available :(

Keep an eye on your mpg over the next few days. If your engine is now in tune with your mods, then surely the claim of better mpg will ring true.

for two years of ownership i have never looked how much it "eats"...its my toy car,I only did 2.5k in two years...

I don't care how much mine uses either but was just trying to help you find some positive claim that the up rev has done something to your car ;)

• Like 1

I wish they did the throttle controller for the HR engine, but unfortunately it's not available :(

Isn't that because the HR engine already runs like a DE engine with the throttle controller fitted. FI seems to be the only way to go with an HR :)

• Like 1

Isn't that because the HR engine already runs like a DE engine with the throttle controller fitted. FI seems to be the only way to go with an HR :)

I learn something new then ;) looks like it would only be the expensive route for me :lol:

Everyone's different & feels/hears/perceives things differently.

I mean some people just fit an air induction kit & start saying how amazing the car feels afterwards etc. :dry::lol:

Personally I felt the UpRev was worth it for me ~ mainly because I knew that my car was running correctly (fueling/AFR etc) with the mods that I had made to it. ;)

• Like 2

I mean some people just fit an air induction kit & start saying how amazing the car feels afterwards etc. :dry::lol:

Personally I felt the UpRev was worth it for me ~ mainly because I knew that my car was running correctly (fueling/AFR etc) with the mods that I had made to it. ;)

so in simple words -remap is the correct method of running your zed with the mods you have!! I feel better! :-)

• Like 2

so in simple words -remap is the correct method of running your zed with the mods you have!! I feel better! :-)

Yes or leave the engine totally standard and save about a grand! :lol:

• Like 1

Yes or leave the engine totally standard and save about a grand! :lol:

Well that's no fun ZEUS, :(:lol:

...and you can't take it with you so may as well spend some of it. :D;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 3

I'm in 2 minds on,y mods is the k1 exhaust and the kn typhoon filter, as I know the gains ain't going to be high due to NA.

Super charger on the other hand is so tempting :)

yep,if you want serious numbers then supercharger/turbo...just remap with mods won't change your zed

My 2003 Zed had no mods on it at all prior to getting my Uprev done. I had a plenum spacer fitted, Y pipe / exhaust done and then had the Uprev at Abbey.

I think, from memory, I got about a 16-18hp increase. That wasn't really noticeable, but I didn't expect it to be.

For me however, the improved drive-ability in the first three gears was noticeable. I guess the benefits aren't realised in quite the same way for every car.

Would I have an Uprev again? I think in the same circumstances yes I would.

Why is it only this past year that people are now saying they can't feel any difference after the UpRev? Something must have changed! You don't get 5+ years of great reviews and then all of a sudden they're all crap for nothing.

To remove my jdm limiter and have my car running correctly with all the mods is why I would do it. I already have a throttle controller on mine and love it! maybr with uprev+throttlecontroller will be more fun..not getting my hopes up though.. will be mapping mine next month at Horsham.

Why is it only this past year that people are now saying they can't feel any difference after the UpRev? Something must have changed! You don't get 5+ years of great reviews and then all of a sudden they're all crap for nothing.

The cars have become more affordable....