remap completed

Dashurik

Just returned from trip to Abbey for remap.

I know it was discussed a lot that gain in bhp won't be noticeable as its probably in high revs anyway.That wasn't main point doing remap.The deal braker was that response of the car on 1-3 gear will improve.To be honest I don't see/feel any difference in drivability of my car!

Im not questioning Abbeys skills/knowledge or ability to do the job ,but I wouldn't do it if I knew in first place that zed will feel the same.

Don't get me wrong,car was driving fine without any problems before remap,but £400+petrol+7hours of the day is not worth the final result I think!

Or may be I'm raising alarm too early,just need to drive it for few more days and then remap kicks in ?!

What you think guys?

P.S. before remap I had these mods installed: ,air intake,plemun spacer,berks hfc,scorpion back box..

Edited by Dashurik
  • Like 2

I think its very subjective, some people will notice a big difference, others wont, I would suspect it also down to how you drive your Z, I am sure some people expect more than others.

May be its early days yet! I hope it will improve,but as I was doing 50miles journey back I haven't noticed anything different on 1-3 gears.Had lots of roundabouts on my way so had a time to compare!

I think its very subjective, some people will notice a big difference, others wont, I would suspect it also down to how you drive your Z, I am sure some people expect more than others.

That's the thing, before I got mine, I read numerous threads and responses of people saying 'it's like driving a brand new car' Too many of those comments floating around giving people the wrong impression.

I comment on every 'Should I get a remap thread' :lol:

Although, when I get my new engine, I will be having another remap - Because numbers!

That's the thing, before I got mine, I read numerous threads and responses of people saying 'it's like driving a brand new car' Too many of those comments floating around giving people the wrong impression.

Although, when I get my new engine, I will be having another remap - Because i need a bigger penis!

every thread? ;)

Although, when I get my new engine, I will be having another remap - Because numbers!

Yeah but numbers are not big !!! I understand if you install a supercharger,turbo !!

All those 'after a remap it feels faster than a GTR' comments are because of a purely psychological effect. There is no way anyone could actually feel +15bhp on a 276bhp engine. And throttle response means nothing if you are flooring the pedal in gear. Sometimes you just have to think for yourself rather that listen to what the people say.

All those 'after a remap it feels faster than a GTR' comments are because of a purely psychological effect. There is no way anyone could actually feel +15bhp on a 276bhp engine. And throttle response means nothing if you are flooring the pedal in gear. Sometimes you just have to think for yourself rather that listen to what the people say.

its the torque you feel not the Bhp

• Like 3

I had the same issue, had the remap and it feels exactly the same as before, waste of money.

i only realised it when drifting it didnt bog down as much

Ok I'll wait until later when it's icey and go for a drive around the block ....... That's not drifting is it?....That's crashing :(:lol:

• Like 1

Can't wait to get mine done ...... at the VERY least, it will remove the bloody limiter!! :D :D - that HAS to feel like driving a new car .... of course, only when I am on track, or my friends runway, German Autobahn etc. ;)

@ comrade "Sometimes you just have to think for yourself rather that listen to what the people say."

I have to disagree with this statement.Forum is here to help and many people (like me) have to technical knowledge so advise on here is priceless.But saying that,who ever states a difference on car response probably had a really poor driving zed before remap..

this is my thinking... a lot of money for not a lot of gains in numbers - certainly not enough to feel them. the only way I could be persuaded is to drive cars with and without uprevs back to back to compare them - then you might be able to feel a difference.

personally if I ever want to improve the throttle response in the first few gears i'll go down the throttle controller route, for a quarter of the price of an uprev.

• Like 1

Oh no...I am seriously reconsidering it. What year is the car? Mileage? What figures did you get out of curiosity?

2003...53500miles...10lbft...18hp...

Numbers were not a deal breaker for me in the first place ,statement that drivability on 1-3 gears is smoother and more responsive.At the moment I don't feel it,may be in few days it will change(****ing hope so)

Edited by Dashurik
  • Like 1

Oh no...I am seriously reconsidering it. What year is the car? Mileage? What figures did you get out of curiosity?

2003...53500miles...10lbft...18hp...

Numbers were not a deal breaker for me in the first place ,statement that drivability on 1-3 gears is smoother and more responsive.At the moment I don't feel it,may be in few days it will change(****ing hope so)

I hoped for the same change, it won't happen :(

@ comrade "Sometimes you just have to think for yourself rather that listen to what the people say."

I have to disagree with this statement.Forum is here to help and many people (like me) have to technical knowledge so advise on here is priceless.But saying that,who ever states a difference on car response probably had a really poor driving zed before remap..

That's why I said 'sometimes'. How the car feels has nothing to do with technical knowledge. You knew how much more bhp/torque/magicpixiedust you are likely to get after a remap. Everything else is purely subjective and therefore should be considered with caution when making a decision.

this is my thinking... a lot of money for not a lot of gains in numbers - certainly not enough to feel them. the only way I could be persuaded is to drive cars with and without uprevs back to back to compare them - then you might be able to feel a difference.

personally if I ever want to improve the throttle response in the first few gears i'll go down the throttle controller route, for a quarter of the price of an uprev.

in ideal world I would like to do the same! on paper it looks different but in reality I don't feel it!

It like going on scales and knowing that you lost 0.5kg ,but in reality its not even noticable!

What people forget is it might be 18bhp but if it's 18bhp over the full rev range that a fair amount when you get this vag lot getting 50-60 hp on a revo that will be at 1 point on boost not the full time in some cases they loose low down hp so they can have a higher number top end

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1