Fuel.... wawaweewa

chrisday1990

Pop your fuel cap, its written on the inside that it takes 98ron (or 99, cant remember), but Tesco Momentum or Shell V Power are the way forward.

Oh and sorry I didnt get around to checking my HR's fan direction for you, didn't get chance!

Edited by mikejbry
  • Like 3

The HR engines can run on normal fuel if need be? Am I right in saying that? I know the DE can't

The DE can as well.

If I remember rightly it states it in the manual somewhere and says something along the lines of: You can run on a lower octane fuel if Super Unleaded is not available but you should restrict your revs to less than 3.5K and not put the car under heavy load on hills etc. :dry:

My manual is in the car so correct me if I'm wrong but pretty positive it something like that. :thumbs:

• Like 2

The DE can as well.

If I remember rightly it states it in the manual somewhere and says something along the lines of: You can run on a lower octane fuel if Super Unleaded is not available but you should restrict your revs to less than 3.5K and not put the car under heavy load on hills etc. :dry:

My manual is in the car so correct me if I'm wrong but pretty positive it something like that. :thumbs:

Yeah, still Ive never used normal unleaded in my DE, just incase ;)

But with the HR i think you can use all the revs, but it cuts off somthing...name escapes me at the mo lol and you have less power but runs safely. My dads got the HR and went to southern Ireland where for some reason they dont sell super unleaded :wacko:

Yeah, still Ive never used normal unleaded in my DE, just incase ;)

Same here. I'd never risk it and have always used Super Unleaded during my Zed ownership. ;)

I remember though when I collected my car commenting to the salesman at the garage that the fuel was a little low so out the guy came with a jerry can of fuel. No flippin' way it was Super Unleaded in the can so I took a very gentle drive back towards home (9 miles odd) as I knew you should only use Super ~ filled it up as soon as I spotted the first fuel station I came across.

Don't even want to think about what cr*p fuel previous owners may have put in it. Just have to hope they read the fuel filler flap or the manual at least. :surrender::)