iPad Mini Install (OBDII Dash Command!!) Page 10

Wasso

Okay, here's the vid boys and girls. Electronics and Audio are working perfectly, as required.

Here's a short video:

• The central dash section is a perfect fit.
  • The plate that houses the Sat Nav buttons requires some adjustment as the bonding behind the iPad holder is stopping the buttons from clipping in, which should be a simple fix.
  • The aluminium surround that would screw into the rear of the lower dash section is hindered by the now lower AC controls. The bonus is that I only need two screws for the AC section, so I can remove the screw tabs at the lower part of the AC controls so the aluminium gear surround will now affix nicely.
  • The hazard light button also hindered by the lower AC controls will need shaving a little, so that fitment is perfect.
  • Triple mount gauges will go back in nicely - no modification needed

Hope you enjoy the video, apologies if the music isn't to everyones taste, but as light was dissipating fast I wanted to get the video shot and uploaded.

I'll be fixing the adjustments that are required tomorrow, which shouldn't take too long. Then it's onto getting the dash lacquered for protection.

Happy as a pig in mud!!

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 7

Thanks peeps really appreciated. Glad I'm now at the final furlong. My biggest worry was setting up the Processor to receive the digital signal but it was just a few clicks of the mouse. It really does need a pro tune as there's something like 30 bands of equalisation on the processor. I was also sceptical that my Pure i20 modification and electronics connecting everything had maybe a fault but it worked first time.

In terms of future builds or sales I doubt I'll have the time. Soundman in the US charge £800 for this sort of thing, I can see why as I spent a good 20hrs on this if not more. Although my total outlay for making the iPad dash was around £150 including the spare dash.

Can't wait to test out all my functionality.

Skip to 1m 15s or watch all to get the full picture.

Edit : I chose the step down 12v to 5v so to direct fit and not plug into the cig lighter. Less wires hanging about.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

This looks amazing mate! Defo going to go down this route!

Been following his series for months in fact over a year to gain tips.

The Audison system they install into the SRT8 is basically what I've done but with Morel components.

• Like 1

This looks amazing mate! Defo going to go down this route!

Been following his series for months in fact over a year to gain tips.

The Audison system they install into the SRT8 is basically what I've done but with Morel components.

I'm in the process of buying a house at the start of the year so I'll be buying stuff bit by bit and building as and when funds allow. Cars is getting all the stickers taken off though and made more civilised so I can actually get to drive it. At the moment with the way it is just isn't fun and I don't have the spare cash laying around to go to the track every week, anymore.