iPad Mini Install (OBDII Dash Command!!) Page 10

Wasso

I use dash command on my iPhone 6 and its really good. Love the quick scroll on tabs just with touch also. Are u running on a wifi obd connection?

Wifi is the only way with Apple products, which is a nuisance. But as I'm using a wired connection from the ipad to the processor it leaves me the wifi signal free for the OBD. Bluetooth will feed into the steering wheel controls eventually, allowing me to control the ipad from the steering wheel controls.

It's a brilliant app I have to say.

Luvin that last vid mate, that looks wicked :thumbs:

Just need it to pop up a message when you get to 7000rpm maybe ..................

Danger To Manifold

:lol:

Keep up the good work :)

• Like 3

I use dash command on my iPhone 6 and its really good. Love the quick scroll on tabs just with touch also. Are u running on a wifi obd connection?

Wifi is the only way with Apple products, which is a nuisance. But as I'm using a wired connection from the ipad to the processor it leaves me the wifi signal free for the OBD. Bluetooth will feed into the steering wheel controls eventually, allowing me to control the ipad from the steering wheel controls.

Which OBD wifi unit are you using Ian?

Which OBD wifi unit are you using Ian?

This one - http://www.scantool....dlink-wifi.html

Post 68 - http://www.350z-uk.c...ls/page__st__60

Although I bought mine nearly 3 years ago, and there's a lot of newer items on the market now cheaper.

Edited by Wasso

mines is a cheapo but works quite well. It would be good to see the difference in performance between one like yours and a cheapo

To be fair it's been a gem. It seems super quick. Mine also came with software for the laptop as well. Not that I ever dare fettle with things like that, and not know what damage I could cause, probably none, but you never know I like to fettle big time ha ha.

mines is a cheapo but works quite well. It would be good to see the difference in performance between one like yours and a cheapo

To be fair it's been a gem. It seems super quick. Mine also came with software for the laptop as well. Not that I ever dare fettle with things like that, and not know what damage I could cause, probably none, but you never know I like to fettle big time ha ha.

Lol yeah I have the haltech software also but too scared to touch it haha! Mines is quick maybe a few millisecond delay between dash and phone.

Thanks for the info both, I've ordered the Elm although the Scantool did claim to be 4 times quicker "than anything else".

Interesting. I wouldn't be able to tell you why either. Okay my module is probably twice the size of the ELM and comes with a cable, but that's all I could see as a difference. The response is instant to be fair, I've noticed that my road speed on the Ipad is exactly the same as the Digital readout, whether it's taking the same ECU feed or not I don't know.

Love it though, especially now as it's all integrated and it gives a load more than just rpm or speed. It also gives instant MPG, which the zed data doesn't normally give, although I think it's "calculated".

Thanks for the info both, I've ordered the Elm although the Scantool did claim to be 4 times quicker "than anything else".

Interesting. I wouldn't be able to tell you why either. Okay my module is probably twice the size of the ELM and comes with a cable, but that's all I could see as a difference. The response is instant to be fair, I've noticed that my road speed on the Ipad is exactly the same as the Digital readout, whether it's taking the same ECU feed or not I don't know.

Love it though, especially now as it's all integrated and it gives a load more than just rpm or speed. It also gives instant MPG, which the zed data doesn't normally give, although I think it's "calculated".

I believe it is calculated although mines picks up my gears also, which I believe this never used to be available either?

I believe it is calculated although mines picks up my gears also, which I believe this never used to be available either?

Really...... might need an offline discussion on this as mine just says 1 all the time. I'm sure I've set everything up okay though. Might need to fiddle with it more lol

• Like 1

Yeah, I just went through all the car settings and saved all the info. It might be to do with my haltech ecu though? I'm not sure though.

Could well be. I thought I read something saying the gearing would only work with Automatics. I might do some reading on their site as it's full of info and resource. Hats off to the guys who made Dash Command, I'd say it's the best in the market always providing updates and the functionality is just epic. People can't believe me when I show them it's functionality.

I'm going to be annoying you over the next couple of months with tips for this install by the way mate. I'm so impressed! Showing everybody I talk to the video and pics lol

Ahhhhh cheers matey. More than happy to assist. Since this took me a lot of time, I have at least built up some experience and so when I build the Alfa install I'll be able to reduce the build time dramatically. Although, the Alfa install will be far easier anyway as there's no dash to re-build. But happy to give you a guide if needed. I would recommend getting hold of a replacement dash though..... unless you're happy to butcher yours.

• Like 1

I'm going to be annoying you over the next couple of months with tips for this install by the way mate. I'm so impressed! Showing everybody I talk to the video and pics lol

Ahhhhh cheers matey. More than happy to assist. Since this took me a lot of time, I have at least built up some experience and so when I build the Alfa install I'll be able to reduce the build time dramatically. Although, the Alfa install will be far easier anyway as there's no dash to re-build. But happy to give you a guide if needed. I would recommend getting hold of a replacement dash though..... unless you're happy to butcher yours.

Yeah theres a breakers close buy with a facelift sitting in it. Might try and see if they still have the dash. Did you get one easy enough even though its a facelift dash?

Looks great Ian B)

From the first video, I would be looking to get a matte anti-glare screen protector for your iPad, the reflections in the summer or at night would be a little much for me :stir:

Night time would will probs be ok due to auto dimming function of the iPad. During the day in the sun I'm not sure. Although, Jim, you know we only get 1 or 2 days of sun every year :lol:
  • Like 2

Yeah theres a breakers close buy with a facelift sitting in it. Might try and see if they still have the dash. Did you get one easy enough even though its a facelift dash?

I had to get the two parts from two different people, but yeah the facelift is of course not as easy to get hold of.

Looks great Ian B)

From the first video, I would be looking to get a matte anti-glare screen protector for your iPad, the reflections in the summer or at night would be a little much for me :stir:

Cheers matey :teeth::)

To be fair, it's not been bad at all, night or daytime. I'll see how I get on, but for sure will get something like you recommend if it becomes a problem.

• Like 2

Thanks to SMD and his recommendation for storage......

Herewith my wireless NAS drive. Can be ran on its internal battery for 6hrs which is rechargeable, or via USB to a 12v cig lighter.

1TB of storage should keep me busy!!

D7355DA8-8E86-4104-A7C9-0F7F1266D2EB_zpszc2lqctr.jpg

• Like 1