iPad Mini Install (OBDII Dash Command!!) Page 10

Wasso

Nice work, totally unnesecary which makes it better still :)

That's a bit double Dutch Dave :lol:

It has loads of benefits for me, maybe not you Dave as it won't connect to every Harvester in your locale to order Scampi and Chips.

Sunday update, "glued some stuff to together, sat down for 12 hours", hope the wine is good mate ;)

Well, my first drink was 5 mins ago as I've been trying to fathom out how to use the video editing thing on my Mac.

Ian I mean unnecessary as a decent double din would do all that the iPad is doing and more, doesn't mean I don't like it though :)

Not sure I agree with that totally, my double din doesn't have email, text, digital out. Yes of course the priority is to drive the car and not be fiddling with email whilst driving, which is common sense. But allows me to receive information of needed where I'm able to view etc.

But the main priority was the digital signal as you know.

It also means that my singular ipad can be transfered between Zed and Alfa, and you can't do that with a double din either.

I'n addition my double din doesn't have "dash command" which is for engine management.

I could go on...... :teeth:

Nice work, totally unnesecary which makes it better still :)

That's a bit double Dutch Dave :lol:

It has loads of benefits for me, maybe not you Dave as it won't connect to every Harvester in your locale to order Scampi and Chips.

Sunday update, "glued some stuff to together, sat down for 12 hours", hope the wine is good mate ;)

Well, my first drink was 5 mins ago as I've been trying to fathom out how to use the video editing thing on my Mac.

Have another couple, it'll be a doddle after that :)

Ian I mean unnecessary as a decent double din would do all that the iPad is doing and more, doesn't mean I don't like it though :)

Not sure I agree with that totally, my double din doesn't have email, text, digital out. Yes of course the priority is to drive the car and not be fiddling with email whilst driving, which is common sense. But allows me to receive information of needed where I'm able to view etc.

But the main priority was the digital signal as you know.

It also means that my singular ipad can be transfered between Zed and Alfa, and you can't do that with a double din either.

I'n addition my double din doesn't have "dash command" which is for engine management.

I could go on...... :teeth:

Nice work Ian. My setup does what Dave is going on about. Just not the digital out bit.

How about Internet Dip?

I was going to get a App Stereo but then swiftly found the iPad did all that I need and more.

But the second most prefered feature is that I can take my iPad from one car to the other, taking music, satnav, well everything I have on there between cars.

Where yours uses your iPad, mine uses my mobile phone. it mirrors everything onto the Pioneer head unit and still lets me control it with the Pioneer touch screen. So internet, sat nav, music, video, film, games, etc. anything my phone does I can do.

I have been looking at a box of tricks that does the exact same thing linking in to the Jags satnav.

Not interested in Internet, texts etc just be nice to run Waze rather than the nav really

How about Internet Dip?

I was going to get a App Stereo but then swiftly found the iPad did all that I need and more.

But the second most prefered feature is that I can take my iPad from one car to the other, taking music, satnav, well everything I have on there between cars.

Can't get much music on an iPad though really as there is no connection to external storage unless you have a NAS drive in the car :shrug:

You can put loads of MP3's on it but that defeats the object of a decent stereo and digital connection, the music needs to be lossless audio which will eat up an iPads memory pretty quickly :surrender:

Dip that's pretty cool matey, had I of seen this way back I may have been tempted, but really want to feed a digital signal.

That guy has put some serious work into that App.

Dave, agreed the iPad doesn't hold a huge amount of storage but I'll be running the AudisonPlay to accommodate additional storage needs, which as you say will connect additional wifi storage.

Lossless audio is wasted in a car, unless you've gone to some extreme lengths or own a Rolls Royce.

There is an audible difference running a full digital signal. Which okay the Zed isn't great at coping with due to road noise, but in the Alfa you can hear a pin drop, so I'll gain further benefits in the Alfa.

Depends on your ears I guess, but there's no way I could tell the difference between a lossless and a 256 song in the 911. On my home stereo absolutely, but in a car there's just too much external noise to be able to gain the benefits.

Depends on your ears I guess, but there's no way I could tell the difference between a lossless and a 256 song in the 911. On my home stereo absolutely, but in a car there's just too much external noise to be able to gain the benefits.

It may also depend on what gear you were running in the 911. I'm running £2k of Audison products, such as amp and processor. There's a huge clarity difference even before I send the car once complete to have a full Audison Bit Tune.

True, but I wasn't so much thinking about the audio gear as the environment. 80/20 rule and all that.

I see what you're saying, but if I'm generating the best sound for my personal taste, then I'm happy, which is the goal I'm looking to achieve. Yes the environment will compromise the sound, but with the right equipment and the correct sound deadening which I've gone through, I'll achieve the best sound that I can achieve.