370z Engine Needed.!!!! Crank Fu@@ed!!

laytonanthony

Hi Guys

Had My nissan for about 8 months now. Love it! Tbh i hardly use it.

Saturday i started to hear a right racket from the engine so i pulled over and listend. Was bottom end and sounded like crank!

Checked the oil and it was bone dry!!!! it had an oil service in febuary by nissan! So i walked to halfords which was literally around the corner and put 4litres of oil in sounded abit better but still really noisey!

Dropped car to my local mechanic and said its crank but hasnt dropped the sump and had a look yet! what are the chances of further damage? would it be easier to source a new engine or do the crank?

thanks in advance!

ant

All I can say is oh dear, a very expensive lesson....

And been around long enough to check all the fluids after a service, to make sure they are at the correct levels and have actually been changed and no matter where it was done as human error (or worse) in garages is all too frequent sadly.

All I can say is oh dear, a very expensive lesson....

And been around long enough to check all the fluids after a service, to make sure they are at the correct levels and have actually been changed and no matter where it was done as human error (or worse) in garages is all too frequent sadly.

I've never thought of doing that! Good advice thanks.