teenage poppy seller burned in attack!!!

Just read this. Disgusting!!! Deportation is my answer as to what should happen to the attacker and his family!

Teenage poppy seller burned in attack http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-29870960

A 15-year-old Army cadet who was selling poppies for Remembrance Day suffered burns to his face in an attack with a lit aerosol can.

The boy, who was wearing his uniform, was at a bus stop near Manchester Art Gallery at 18:00 GMT on Saturday when he was attacked.

Police said a man lifted an aerosol can and a lighter and sprayed him with lit fumes.

The cadet suffered burns to his face and singed hairs, officers confirmed.

Greater Manchester Police said the offender, described as black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top, then walked off without saying a word.

'Appalling attack'

He appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was staggering, the force added.

Det Insp Liam Boden said: "This is an absolutely appalling attack on a young man who was raising money to help remember all those who gave their lives fighting bravely for their country.

"Whatever his motivation, his violent actions could have scarred this young man for life.

"Although he has suffered some minor injuries, it is pure luck that he did not sustain more serious burns to his face and body.

"Understandably both he and his family are in a state of total shock and cannot believe someone would do this."

what is this world coming to? it beggars belief that someone would do such a thing, especially to such a young lad doing something nice, but anyone for any reason for that matter . Poor lad, here's hoping he makes a full recovery and that they catch the scumbag.

Edited by Rock_Steady

What bothers me more than anything is that after seeing this posted on FB, I saw so many people (and I mean at least 95%) assume that black or Asian = muslim, and then went on a racist rant that I shan't repeat on here.

Maybe the attacher was, maybe he wasn't, but even I'm a little scared that so many people are making that leap straight away. I assume that's because of what happened to Lee Rigby, and the current issue with ISIS/ISIL.

Anyways, hope the lad gets better soon.

• Like 5

What bothers me more than anything is that after seeing this posted on FB, I saw so many people (and I mean at least 95%) assume that black or Asian = muslim, and then went on a racist rant that I shan't repeat on here.

This.

Someone had shared the Daily Mail article on it. The comments underneath were shocking.

For all anyone knows the attacker could be from a family that's been in the UK for 100 years or more. The natural assumption that he was either Muslim or an immigrant is appalling.

• Like 2

Maybe the attacher was, maybe he wasn't, but even I'm a little scared that so many people are making that leap straight away. I assume that's because of what happened to Lee Rigby, and the current issue with ISIS/ISIL.

Exactly what went through my mind, hope the lad is okay.
  • Like 2

+2

Also BBk you want to deport him and his family? Where too... Australia like the good old days?

hes most likely British born

Edit: I meant to also say his family could well be as horrified about this as the rest of us

Edited by Fodder

+2

Also BBk you want to deport him and his family? Where too... Australia like the good old days?

Edit: I meant to also say his family could well be as horrified about this as the rest of us

Well he should get deported to his mother country. If he's British born but Indian then send him back there. If you wouldn't fight for this country in a war or have issues with the culture then you don't belong here imho.

• Like 1

+2

Well he should get deported to his mother country. If he's British born but Indian then send him back there. If you wouldn't fight for this country in a war or have issues with the culture then you don't belong here imho.

I'm 3rd generation British. My family are originally Hungarian.

I have no interest in fighting a war for this or any country.

You saying I should be deported?

+2

My ancestors moved here over 300 years ago from the Netherlands with William of Orange and the French Huguenots, the other side of my family are from Scotland many hundreds of years ago. I'm British born, but have no interest in fighting in a war and I hate the culture, where should I go? :shrug:

Don't forget the British Army has upset a quite a few people over the centuries so anyone with a grudge could be in the frame regardless of Nationality. I did 22 years and trust me some places they loved us and in others we were errr not so loved. Find the perp and prosecute to the full extent of the law (custodial sentence) as this is a criminal act. Pretty sure they would get a most interesting welcoming reception from fellow inmates. I would have hoped this wpuld have been picked up on a street cam somewhere and wouldnt be surprised to see this on next edition of Crimewatch.

I agree but that might have something to do with 95% of attacks on British army related groups are

If it had been a random stabbing it would be diffrent but when was the last time you saw a Christian start malicious attacks of these British army personal support groups

Fyi I couldn't give a @*!# about religion people can be live what they want

Edited by StevoD

Forget the history lessons

Regardless of the attackers colour/creed/religion/sex, should he or she be caught and found guilty, rest of their life in a prison cell, 23 hours a day with no fecking release

Rob

• Like 1

Sorry maybe I should re phrase. I have no issue with people who would honestly rather not fight at all. but those who would fight for the other side yet continue to live here, I do.

That's not a re-phrase, that's completely different from your first point.

How can you kick someone out of their own country? If he was born in Britain, then he's British. End of. Your statement was right out of a Britain First slogan, and it's one that doesn't belong any where in any form.

Sorry maybe I should re phrase. I have no issue with people who would honestly rather not fight at all. but those who would fight for the other side yet continue to live here, I do.

That's not a re-phrase, that's completely different from your first point.

How can you kick someone out of their own country? If he was born in Britain, then he's British. End of. Your statement was right out of a Britain First slogan, and it's one that doesn't belong any where in any form.

The thing is Dip, you're saying all this without knowing the motivation behind the attack.

Maybe the Army cadet was banging the other guys missus? (Bit of a stretch at 15 I agree). Just because it was one ethnicity against another does not mean it was a politically motivated attack.

• Like 1