teenage poppy seller burned in attack!!!

No, you didn't. You made an incredibly stupid, naive and preposterously racist comment that insinuated that anyone who isn't white should be deported back to the country where their heritage is, if they commit a crime as in the link. Given your own ethnic background, I struggle to understand just how you can remotely think like that.

No, you didn't. You made an incredibly stupid, naive and preposterously racist comment that insinuated that anyone who isn't white should be deported back to the country where their heritage is, if they commit a crime as in the link. Given your own ethnic background, I struggle to understand just how you can remotely think like that.

i may be wrong here and unlike me to stand by BBK but i cant see anywhere he said non white should be deported, i cant see where he said anyone should be deport, except for the reason of the horrific crime?

i may be wrong here and unlike me to stand by BBK but i cant see anywhere he said non white should be deported, i cant see where he said anyone should be deport, except for the reason of the horrific crime?

Well he should get deported to his mother country. If he's British born but Indian then send him back there. If you wouldn't fight for this country in a war or have issues with the culture then you don't belong here imho.

Edited by Ekona

Well he should get deported to his mother country. If he's British born but Indian then send him back there. If you wouldn't fight for this country in a war or have issues with the culture then you don't belong here imho.

Yea just saw that sorry i have some comments invisible to me for my own protection ;) i stand corrected

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

if we're going to be picky, he didn't insinuate that at all, you've just translated it to mean that. He just used the possibility of the attacker being Indian as an example. At no point did he say if you're not white you're not right, so to speak. I just think there's way too much presuming going on here. Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

Just read this. Disgusting!!! Deportation is my answer as to what should happen to the attacker and his family!

Teenage poppy seller burned in attack http://www.bbc.co.uk...hester-29870960

A 15-year-old Army cadet who was selling poppies for Remembrance Day suffered burns to his face in an attack with a lit aerosol can.

The boy, who was wearing his uniform, was at a bus stop near Manchester Art Gallery at 18:00 GMT on Saturday when he was attacked.

Police said a man lifted an aerosol can and a lighter and sprayed him with lit fumes.

The cadet suffered burns to his face and singed hairs, officers confirmed.

Greater Manchester Police said the offender, described as black or Asian, 5ft 8in tall and wearing a dark hooded top, then walked off without saying a word.

'Appalling attack'

He appeared to be under the influence of alcohol and was staggering, the force added.

Det Insp Liam Boden said: "This is an absolutely appalling attack on a young man who was raising money to help remember all those who gave their lives fighting bravely for their country.

"Whatever his motivation, his violent actions could have scarred this young man for life.

"Although he has suffered some minor injuries, it is pure luck that he did not sustain more serious burns to his face and body.

"Understandably both he and his family are in a state of total shock and cannot believe someone would do this."

There comes a time when enough is enough.

How much longer do we just sit and take this.

Sadly, random acts of violence, sometimes for absolutely no reason other than the sheer kick of hurting someone, are not uncommon. Look at how many people get randomly assaulted for no reason when the pubs kick out in our towns and cities. Until there is some concrete and valid evidence (ie in a court) that this attacker was motivated by any of the things that people are suggesting it would be a good idea to calm down and not jump to conclusions.

• Like 4

Appalling! time we had a scum cull!

To add to that its high time this PC bull was revised, you cant open your mouth and express yourself these days without upsetting someone, its just stupidly repressing everyone, which only leads to frustration, until feelings boil over, IMO it responsible for a lot of today's troubles....Rant over!

Edited by Tricky-Ricky

An unprovoked attack on a white guy from an ethnic minority, surely thats not racist?

But had roles been reversed, surely it is racist?

Or so it would seem these days........

The UK really has gone to @*!# to scared to upset or offend others but happy to let everyone else use us as a door mat

Funny aint it the worst thing you can be now is a white male as your sexist and racists

aRQOxw2_700b_v1.jpg

Why have people 'assumed' it is racist ?

In that BBC link there is no mention as to whether the cadet who was attacked was white,black,pink,blue or green.

It is all pure conjecture.

Please use some wisdom rather than jumping to conclusions.

• Like 1

I am not a badge of honour,

I am not a racist smear,

I am not a fashion statement,

To be worn but once a year,

I am not glorification

Of conflict or of war.

I am not a paper ornament

A token,

I am more.

I am a loving memory,

Of a father or a son,

A permanent reminder

Of each and every one.

Im paper or enamel

I'm old or shining new,

I'm a way of saying thank you,

To every one of you.

I am a simple poppy

A Reminder to you all,

That courage faith and honour,

Will stand where heroes fall.

Paul Hunter 2014

• Like 2

I didn't realise I'd open up such a can of worms when I asked BBK about it. I genuinely thought it was a moment of frustration but wow.

I agree we don't know the motives behind this and I'm sure we all want him to be found and punished accordingly but I didn't think his ethnicity, beliefs or background were relevant unless it's relevant to the legal process.

Scum is scum no matter what their background.

• Like 1

Why have people 'assumed' it is racist ?

In that BBC link there is no mention as to whether the cadet who was attacked was white,black,pink,blue or green.

It is all pure conjecture.

Please use some wisdom rather than jumping to conclusions.

Agreed. It would be unfortunate if ths thread was used to start the usual arguments about how the world has gone PC mad and all us poor white folks are the real victims these days. We simply don't know why the attack occurred and it was right to question the OP's original suggestion that the attacker should be deported because there was no proof that he wasn't from the UK. Unless of course we follow the logic of deporting everyone to their 'place of origin', in which case we can all expect a one way ticket to Africa, generally accepted to be the place where all modern humans originated.