Sadly I am not a Z owner..... yet :)

Hi, im Dan im 20 from Ashford kent and I am a car enthusiast. I get this from my dad who sadly recently passed however I feel this has ignited my passion to go faster :)

My dad over the last 35 years owned some awesome cars and he always modded them to go faster,

Sierra RS500 cosworth

2x RS2000

1984 Porsche 911

1987 Porsche 911 turbo

Then he had me and had to start from the bottom again

Mazda mx5- which he later supercharged :lol:

Honda S2000

Nissan 350Z

BMW 335D

Nissan 370Z

Jaguar XKR 4.2 supercharged

Audi R8 V10

So after reading that you get the idea why I love cars, like I said im 19 though I can afford a 350Z I cannot afford the £3k a year to insure it dammit.

So I will be lurking around the forums picking up as much knowledge and possible and appreciate any tips and help thanks for having me.

Oh yeah I currently drive a ford focus 1.6 zetec hahaha

Welcome along bud, live like your dad would have wanted and make him proud! Not just in terms of cars of course.

Lots of good people on HERE

Edited that for you :)

:lol:

Thank you!! Always proof read your posts!! :lol:

Welcome to the club :wave:

Sorry to hear about your Dad, it looks like he had the opportunity to own some awesome cars in his time and i'm sure you'll follow suit eventually. :thumbs:

I remember when I was around 21 I kept admiring the 350z as my parents lived opposite a Nissan dealer, I loved it and said to myself I'll have one of those one day. When I turned 23 I got my first nismo 350z and didn't look back, I've had 2 now one in Blue and now my current nismo zed which is Chilli Red.

Good things come to those who wait B)

Welcome aboard Dan and as others have already said sorry to read about your father passing.

Regarding the insurance there are a few younger members 18-19 year olds in Zeds and I remember reading that they are paying less than £3K a year so not sure where you got that quote, ....although obviously personal circumstances like NCB, where you live etc will play a big part in the price.

My advice is to try a price comparison website like "Go-Compare" but also the insurance traders/brokers which are on this forum as you never know insuring a Zed maybe cheaper than you thought. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/42-insurance/

Good luck and hope you enjoy the site. :thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum Dan, I'm sure it won't be long till you get the car of your dreams :thumbs: looks like you're following in your dad's footsteps. Your dad would be so proud knowing he was such a great inspiration in your life : thumbs: :)

Hello and :welcome: ! As I said in the PM, it is possible to get a 350 insured for a reasonable price at our age, I bought mine when I was 18 and paid off the insurance on my 19th birthday, at 8am in the morning, just so I could drive it to work!

I wish you the best of luck, have a go at doing a quote directly with Admiral on line