Forgot how annoyed I get this time of year......grrrr

Kraziekatz1

It's about this time every year they release the people who can't drive onto the dark roads. These are the people who assume they will avoid all collisions by driving everywhere down the middle of the road at a maximum speed of 30 mph, with their car lights on full beam. They are pretty easy to spot, very difficult to overtake due to their road position and if you do get past them they maintain their full beam status. Also, any oncoming car causes them to respond with an immediate break/swerve reaction.

Met several of these drivers tonight...,..wish I had grenade launches fitted to my car :(

Edited by Kraziekatz1
  • Like 2

Time to get a dash cam to cover your ass from other morons on the road.

Yep it's a sensible thing to have if you can. Very popular in Russia & China. ;)

Plenty here now in the UK too and I can only see the numbers increasing with the cameras getting cheaper & other road users skill levels seemingly being so poor nowadays it would seem. :dry:

• Like 1

I run 1 forward and 1 rear facing. Can never be too careful. I help run a Facebook page called Aberdeen Dash Cam. They are pretty popular up here especially after starting the page. A lot of inane random clips but some really bad driving too.

I run 1 forward and 1 rear facing. Can never be too careful. I help run a Facebook page called Aberdeen Dash Cam. They are pretty popular up here especially after starting the page. A lot of inane random clips but some really bad driving too.

Maybe post some in the "videos" section if there forum friendly and entertaining. :thumbs:

• Like 1

It's a depressing time of the year too, going to work in the dark and getting home in the dark!

I've got a dashcam front facing and i've caught 3 VERY near misses on camera where it was clearly the other drivers fault... the camera will pay for itself in money let alone the hassle it should save if I ever need it

Edited by Durk
  • Like 1

Got loads of vids on the you tube channel.

Here's a link to a compilation we sent to the police and council hoping to have red light cameras introduced up our way. Neither authority were interested

Aberdeen Dash Cam Red Light Jumper Compilation:

• Like 2

Had exactly this following someone home today after leaving the M4.

Overtook and they put there full beam on!

Yeah that sort of thing really pi**es me off as it can be very dangerous ~ it's literally like some people think it's illegal to overtake other vehicles nowadays. :rant:

Last time I had it happen to me this was the scenario: Driving home through some lanes which open out into a 60mph part of road section, it is unlit but fairly straight for long distances in places. I came up behind a car doing 40mph and I was doing around 55mph. Stayed behind them for awhile at a safe distance but when they slowed further I decided to overtake them on the next safe straight bit of road.

Checked my mirrors, indicated, pulled out & overtook swiftly only to be blinded by the other driver as I was pulling back in safely. :scare::angry: They continued to flash me for the next 100 yards or so before I was out of their range. Just no need for that at all. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

What dash cam do you use? Is there a good one out there? Bee good to have something like this for piece of mind

I use 2 of these.

E-PRANCE New Mini 0801 Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder With High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 G-sensor + Car License Plate + H.264 + 135 Degree Wide Angle View,Support HDMI/TV Out https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F5WP990/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_fkRtub100PKN0

I also have a high end camera from blackvue and find it so unreliable. Never had an issue with this cheap one.

What dash cam do you use? Is there a good one out there? Bee good to have something like this for piece of mind

I use 2 of these.

E-PRANCE New Mini 0801 Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder With High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 G-sensor + Car License Plate + H.264 + 135 Degree Wide Angle View,Support HDMI/TV Out https://www.amazon.c...d_fkRtub100PKN0

I also have a high end camera from blackvue and find it so unreliable. Never had an issue with this cheap one.

Thats exactly the same as my camera... There is an 0803 version out now which is better quality at night but i've heard reports of the hardware being a little more unreliable. There is apparently an '0803 Pro' in development/testing at the moment and im tempted to buy one of those when it comes out to replace my 0801 at the front and possibly demote it to the rear.

How have you got yours wired in, i've not long had my zed so I haven't actually done a permanent install yet, just a 'it'll do for now' job?

Welcome to my world, the tourists drive like this around here all summer. :surrender:

Tell me about it :surrender: !

Either its "Ooh look at the pretty mountains, lets drive at 20mph so we can gawk out the window" or "OMG!! this road has a WALL along the side of it, lets do 20Mmph in case it does something we don't expect!"

It's about this time every year they release the people who can't drive onto the dark roads. These are the people who assume they will avoid all collisions by driving everywhere down the middle of the road at a maximum speed of 30 mph, with their car lights on full beam. They are pretty easy to spot, very difficult to overtake due to their road position and if you do get past them they maintain their full beam status. Also, any oncoming car causes them to respond with an immediate break/swerve reaction.

Likewise the people who don't seem to know full beam even exists. You're driving along behind them and they're bumbling along at 20 because they have their lights dipped. :angry: