Choose my food *video p5*

Ekona

40 members have voted

1. 1. Burger or steak?

• Burger!
    • Steak!
    • Neither, just enjoy a romantic meal out with your wife for an important anniversary

Jo and I are celebrating our tenth anniversary this month, and so I've booked us a table at the Rare Cow restaurant. It's a lovely place, and I've been there once before, but upon choosing what to have I've come a-cropper, as they say.

They do a Holy Cow Burger, which is as pictured below (that's two of the guys I went there with, shows scale between normal burger and Holy Cow):

burgers.JPG

24oz of pure meaty goodness, with salad and onion rings inside. I managed to get through approx 3/4 of mine before giving up. I put this solely down to having stuffed my face with a huge starter beforehand, and I know I could finish that muther in one go with ease on an empty stomach. However, I've seen they now do another epic food nom to try...

steak.png

That's a 74oz sirloin. Seventy four ounces. TWO WHOLE KILOGRAMS OF BEEF. Plus odds and sods, of course.

Now, I look at that steak and wonder if I can really pass that up? But is it a bit excessive really (it's £99 just for that, the burger in comparison is just £29)? They are proper challenges too, so if you do the burger in 20 mins or the steak in 60 mins you get it free, but tbh I wouldn't rush it regardless. Either would be just for the sheer pleasure of great food in copious amounts.

So folks, do I revisit the burger and conquer the one large meal that has ever beaten me, or do I throw caution to the wind and go for the steak?

Edited by Ekona

errr, its a ten year anniversary dinner... you want to keep things light on the stomach for the après dinner events, no?

that steak is ridonkulous... yes its 2 kgs, but £99 is a pretty hefty outlay...

possible alternative is to get the steak between you... special occasion warrants spending £100 on dinner, and its romantic to share, and that way you might actually have a hope in hell of finishing it!

• Like 2

Oh my fudge!!! Where is this place??!?!

Okay issue number 1 -

- chips with the steak look stupid! way too chunky :lol:

issue number 2 -

- burger does look good, but then you got to think, how are you going to eat it? You can't really pick it up and fit your mouth round it (or with minimal effort anyway) which then leads to a knife and fork, which defeats the object of a burger.

Now for the love of god where is this place?!?!

issue number 3 -

- steak is pricey! Best be a damn good steak!

Think I'd opt for the steak, mainly because you will fill yourself up on bun rather than the burger.

Now for the love of god where is this place?!?!

Can we have a date? and go here please :cloud9:

• Like 2

errr, its a ten year anniversary dinner... you want to keep things light on the stomach for the après dinner events, no?

that steak is ridonkulous... yes its 2 kgs, but £99 is a pretty hefty outlay...

possible alternative is to get the steak between you... special occasion warrants spending £100 on dinner, and its romantic to share, and that way you might actually have a hope in hell of finishing it!

Erm, if it is your tenth anniversary maybe you should just have a nice salad so that you aren't too full and bloated for when you get home? ;)

no no no !!

Dan ignore these haters :lol:

Ditch your wife and take me! This is the best anniversary gift ever! DON'T SHARE THE STEAK!!!!

To those asking where it is, if only I'd been clever enough to put a link to the website on the very first line of my first post... ;)

Also, I'm married. That should give ample reason as to why I need save no space for sneakytimes afterwards. :(

Cost I'm not fussy about, I figure I can then justify spending more on my food than on her present...

Jeez If i took the other half for a meal that size on my 10th anniversary there wouldn't be an 11th!How about this for a special occasion if price is no object. A few of my mates travelled from China just for a meal

so this

http://www.nirvanaspa.co.uk/

followed by

http://www.thefatduck.co.uk/

Edited by Mudman
  • Like 1

Fair play to you but sorry Dan, I can think of nothing more boring than 2kg of steak, which, let's be honest will be cold by the time you get to the end anyway. It's the thought of spending £100.00 and only tasting steak I gues. Don't get me wrong, I love steak but 2kg, bloody hell!!! Anyway pix or it didn't happen :lol:;) Oh and good luck whatever you decide. :)

See, that's absolutely what I'm worried about as well. In theory, I have nothing against paying £100 for a single meal (I've paid more than that in the past), but it has to feel worth it. If this steak is just a big bit of regular steak then it'll be a let down: If it's a huge bit of the tastiest sirloin ever, I'll be in heaven.

• Like 1

See, that's absolutely what I'm worried about as well. In theory, I have nothing against paying £100 for a single meal (I've paid more than that in the past), but it has to feel worth it. If this steak is just a big bit of regular steak then it'll be a let down: If it's a huge bit of the tastiest sirloin ever, I'll be in heaven.

Take a load of sauces and dressings with you :lol:

Is a massive feed what you want before you get home on anniversary night and have to have your A game ready?

Steak all the way, the burgers 70% bread and you can eat that at home for next to nowt :lol: Will they cook it in two halfs, so the second half is still hot and fresh?