The Zed is Dead !

hawker1986

Hi all,

Sad times for us as our Zed has been in a horrible accident. The Mrs was driving to work and the long and the short of the story is that a van did a U-turn in front of her on a NSL road not knowing her and another car were there and (entirely legally and appropriately) overtaking him as he slowed down. Insurance are still messing about over liability but it wasn't her fault. The main thing is that she walked away fine bar some minor cuts and bruises. This is what the car looked like in the end:

IMG_0997_zpsaa2dd86e.jpg

IMG_0999_zps15edcbac.jpg

IMG_1001_zps598c91e2.jpg

IMG_1002_zpsdb95450e.jpg

IMG_1004_zpsee2cd557.jpg

IMG_1005_zpsb837fc5c.jpg

Obviously the car has been written off!

I have to extend massive thanks to Andy and Mitz at CS, who allowed us to recover the car to them and sourced some alternate wheels and tyres so we could keep our rays with recent MPSS all around, and a stock exhaust to replace our now retrieved Miltek system. Also for your sound advice throughout this process which we have never been through before.

We are obviously sad to lose the car that we cherished, but we will not be gone for long, we are on the hunt for a nice low mileage HR instead. If anyone knows of one please let me know.

Goodbye Zed :surrender:

Ed

Absolutely gutted to see this and see a Zed in such a sorry state. But very thankful that your partner is okay and was able to walk away.

Hope the insurance Co. come to the right decision and we'll all soon be congratulating you on your new HR purchase.

• Like 1

Sad to see .... But very glad to hear everyone is ok .... If a tad shaken up from it I expect :(

On a better note , there was a zed for sale at " simply jap" show on Sunday

... Night blue , frost leather , 57 plate HR , 45-47k ( can't remember) sat nav £9950 , there's a pic of it on here from the show.

Forum member ..... Can't remember who though !

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words, as said by you all the important thing is that she walked away without any serious problems :).

Sorry to hear about your car and good to hear your missus is ok.

Its a heavy car but I've always thought of it being a solid car. I would much rather have a wack in my Zed than my old Mk1 Micra.

Interesting you say this because shes now borrowing her dads old Mk1 micra to toddle about in :wacko:

Sad to see .... But very glad to hear everyone is ok .... If a tad shaken up from it I expect :(

On a better note , there was a zed for sale at " simply jap" show on Sunday

... Night blue , frost leather , 57 plate HR , 45-47k ( can't remember) sat nav £9950 , there's a pic of it on here from the show.

Forum member ..... Can't remember who though !

Don't suppose anyone knows anything more about this, sounds like it would be right up our street.

Ed

Edited by hawker1986

Actually it's 2 airbags, bumper, both wings, headlights, bonnet, rad and mountings as well as everything around that and then possible damage to the engine where the rad was rammed into it. And then the loss incurred when you come to sell it after it's been written off, didn't seem worthwhile. I would have bought the car back to break it if I had somewhere to dump it but I don't :(

Actually it's 2 airbags, bumper, both wings, headlights, bonnet, rad and mountings as well as everything around that and then possible damage to the engine where the rad was rammed into it. And then the loss incurred when you come to sell it after it's been written off, didn't seem worthwhile. I would have bought the car back to break it if I had somewhere to dump it but I don't :(

Feel your pain.....happened to me admittedly years ago with a straight 6 Zephyr beutiful car rolled it but it only had superficial scrapes and two front wings where she dug in, had no where to put her so watched her towed away ...4 days later she was picked clean all I git back was a carrier bag of tapes.....

• Like 1