Confronted by an angry man today..

MCook

just jealous older drivers - had this before whilst performing perfectly legal maneuvers in high spec cars - various reactions

just ignore and move on - not worth spending a second dealing with a lifetime of bitterness - you'll never win

in summary...

ha ha ha - eat my dust grandad....

User name noted......................

:p :p

It certainly seems people link a loud exhaust to speed, i have done the same myself in the Supra, and it wasn't very loud either, the funny part for me was that i was only doing 27mph and that the guy shouting something like slow down was younger than me!

Im not sure id be doing 20mph in a tesco car park, but can certainly relate to the comment above from Tricky. I remember once driving through my local village. I turned down a road and accelerated gently in first, changed into 2nd and I must have been doing about 20mph if that, and some old bloke on the side of the road went mental at me. He was balling at me and was waving his walking stick in the air and everything. There was no other cars about and as i was only doing 20mph I just stopped my car there & then to see if he was going to come over. Whilst I was pretty angry that he was trying to suggest that I was driving dangerous or speeding I didnt get out of the car as I didnt want to be seen to be intimidating some old bloke. He then had 2nd thoughts about it all and wandered off muttering to himself.

I can only blame it on the K1 exhaust I was running at the time. Even 10mph sounded like you were about to go super sonic. :lol:

It certainly seems people link a loud exhaust to speed, i have done the same myself in the Supra, and it wasn't very loud either, the funny part for me was that i was only doing 27mph and that the guy shouting something like slow down was younger than me!

Everyone's younger than you dick :)

Ooo you bitch! :p :p

• Like 1

Yeah I must admit I like a slow 2nd gear blip literally for 2 secs cos the Zed sounds best just slooowwly accelerating (too harsh if you just pelt' it lol) and it can sound as if its going faster than you actually are. Just comes with the car I suppose ....

I'm sorry but in all honesty who has NEVER accelerated either in a tunnel or underground car park for the sound. Obviously being careful not to speed and there being a time and a place etc etc etc. But really, we have all had a little blip for the noise now and again.

I had the same thing when I was 19 and was driving a Civic Vti (with a loud exhaust!) completely normal through a leisure centre car park and this old chap came up and had a go at me saying there are kids around here and to be careful. Your car and age/image you give off will be half the reason why someone else wants to get on their high horse.

(gets down off high horse) :lol:

• Like 3

Yeah I must admit I like a slow 2nd gear blip literally for 2 secs cos the Zed sounds best just slooowwly accelerating (too harsh if you just pelt' it lol) and it can sound as if its going faster than you actually are. Just comes with the car I suppose ....

completely disagree with you andy, mine sounds best chapping on the rev limiter in second, sideways through a multi storey. cant beat it :teeth:

• Like 2

Aye mate, was talkin bout it on another thread. Scorpion backbox/mid pipe and Cobra Y-Pipe lol. Infiniti Glasgow fitting it next fri along with P2 service and spark plugs..... yeah... wont be spending money for a while lol Hope it sounds good

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

had some trouble with a loud exhaust when i was a lot younger 2.0s Capri doing 20 in the thirty limit old lady steps straight off the kerb into the side of my car had people accusing me of speeding an generally being a young hooligan

luckily the reason i was driving so carefully was because there was a police car 2 cars behind me had been following me for a bit apparently they were gonna pull me a bit further up the road as they thought it was a bit too noisy never been so happy to have the police following me

I had a policeman pull me over from the side of the road because it 'sounded' like I was speeding in my old golf. I told him that's ridiculous as I could see him when I was driving up the road anyway. Then he said he could smell canabis in the car even though I don't smoke; so he searched it and me, found nothing and gave me a seven day wonder. Some people just make their minds up cos they don't like the look of you

• Like 3

"I was 50 meters in front of you, I put my indicator on" *Switches on windscreen wipers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I did notice that when I watched it but just thought he'd probably done that accidentally just because he was flustered.

Still funny though. :teeth:

• Like 1

"I was 50 meters in front of you, I put my indicator on" *Switches on windscreen wipers.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I did notice that when I watched it but just thought he'd probably done that accidentally just because he was flustered.

Still funny though. :teeth:

True but it doesn't really help his case ;)

..we've all blipped the throttle to hear the sound of the V6, but there's a time and a place mate and an underground Tesco car park isn't it.

He's right you know. :surrender:

Ikea have much better car parks for acoustics. :D:lol:

Ha!! ledgend.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have scared the hell out of a pedestrian that wasnt paying attention the road and just crossed, admittedly he was at a crossing :) I had accelerated into the tunnel for the noise of a non-resonated GTR and saw the red light and stopped in plenty of time, he still wasnt very impressed.... looking the opposite way, he managed a 1m jump back onto the pavement. His girlfriend found it hilarious!!

Time and place for everything.... where is that? Track only? Tracks all have noise limits.........

• Like 2

The general public are idoits. You probably shouldn't of done it's a bit chavy and annoying if nothing else, but hell we have all done it. I remember spinning out in my Capri at your age drifting a round about in rush hour, no harm done but I deserbed the rant the older chap gave me who saw it unfold. When your young you do silly things. When your old you get unnecessarily grumpy and intolerant.