Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48

Darren-B

Very jealous!

Get it LakeZ next year!

I'll try but I'm not going to rush it, will have to see how it goes.

There's gonna be some more joint meets/shows put together by me over the coming years so plenty of events to bring it to.

• Like 1

Pretty much as everyone else has said! I love 240's and really want one myself one day. I hope you don't make this look too easy Darren and give us mechanically challenged any silly ideas! :)

My new favourite thread! :thumbs:

Well a little update already:

I removed the wiper mechanism & motor/gearbox stripped down & rebuilt with fresh grease, now they move at a decent pace. Replaced the washer motor & hoses, now that works too.

Replacement RHD headlights arrived today, just need to rewire the side markers to indicators & move the side marker power supply to the new sidelights in the uk headlights.

Have ordered myself a set of jdm/euro tai lights rather than loosing reverse lights in place of indicators.

Also ordered a set of steering gators as one is split. 205gti ones are the same apparently,

So by the weekend it should be ready for an MOT

• Like 3

Wow, fantastic project. Look forward to more pics and updates. Just be carefull with the weather in this country. One month over here did more damage than 40 in the States! Thanks to some excellent advice from guys on here I now have the garage at a constant 25 degrees and 50% humidity.

Edited by leonk

Wow, fantastic project. Look forward to more pics and updates. Just be carefull with the weather in this country. One month over here did more damage than 40 in the States! Thanks to some excellent advice from guys on here I now have the garage at a constant 25 degrees and 50% humidity.

It's the humidity that kills the cars over here. When I bought my 370z @ 2 & a bit years old, garaged it's whole life with a mere 6k on the clock it had 10x the rust on the underside than this car has. It's amazing that I can wipe my finger over bolts underneath the car & they are shiny. When I removed the cover for the windscreen wiper motor, 4x phillips head screws, probably never touched in 43 years, they came straight out. try removing a bolt on a uk 350 or 370 & they just snap off.

I was talking to my mate earlier who is into IT & web stuff. He said he could sort me out a domain & webpage for the build when it starts. So that should be fun