19" Show wheels

andy james

Hi guys.

I have a yearning to buy a set of big wheels to put on the car for shows and general driving to complement my Rays which are shod with

888rs but look a little small outside the racing world.

Wanting a five spoke/open look wheel to show off the big brakes and in silver.

I have looked on google images and my head is spinning :scare:

Value your opinion/pics.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

how original :stir:

Oh dear I must have forgotten that because someone else has done something before someone else then you're not allowed to do it. :yawn:

My mistake ~ andy will just have to obviously spend thousands of pounds on having some custom design alloys made up then. :glare:

• Like 1

hardly having show wheels when you turn up to a show and everyone else has them is all im thinking

Fair enough. ;)

I just went with Andys criteria...

Wanting a five spoke/open look wheel to show off the big brakes and in silver.

...and Rotas came to mind as that's what I have (although I have 19" Grids) and I like them.

• Like 1

Pretty much given up offering opinions in this place but, if your after a "show" wheel for looks I would say you need to go for something which is a bit different and or rare!

Volks gtc, sf's as above, work equips or any of the links from Stevo, also think for show they need to be almost impractical, I.e wide with low offset!

If its just a nice wheel over and above std rays, there have also been some good offerings.

If you want go mad, look at some forged offerings from Nessen and Iforged etc

• Like 1

If you want show wheels, you want to knock the socks off people. I'd say use something like the Mercedes Alphards, they've been done to death by the VW lot, but that can be good because they should be fairly available. You'd need a heavy drop on the car though as I think they only come in 18's.

Wheel:

photo-2.jpg

The only picture of them on a Z I could find!

flossz.jpg

• Like 1

Not the best pic, but the only side view i had. Varrstoen et12 9.5 and 10.5 (If you go 6 spoke that is) - Gives a good show on the caliper.

100_4404_zps8cf81639.jpg

Strong skills that man, car and flying kick.

Never even noticed the guy in it :lol: