28.6 mpg from a 520 mile trip

Peak 370

Yes mate, I'd say so.

Even though it's a meaty 3.7V6 it's a fairly modern engine so I'd expect top get something like that on a long trip when trying.

Since I've had my '70 (which isn't my daily) I've managed a combined return of 23.9 MPG, that's Euro trips, a few track days(6MPG) and general blatting about in.

I think the car returns a decent MPG in general considering the performance it gives.

if you were being good, not accelerating hard and sticking to 60-70 (ish) - then that would be below average

I (and others) have generally achieved 32-34 on long (re : boring) trips..............not that its hugely different from what you got

My overall avergae of the past few months is sat exactly on 23MPG. This was the same before i rest it too which is odd. On one long trip i had 32MPG, but i find it sooo hard to stick to one speed and end up having a play!

I tend not to pay much attention to it to be fair, the fun factor outweighs a couple of saved pennies!! :)

• Like 1

Over the last 14,000 miles I've averaged 26.1. In the last 4,000 miles that figure has only fluctuated from 26.0 to 26.2. I've never reset the computer but have done a few calculations based on fuel I've put in and mileage. ASDA run, 6 miles there and back about 19.5 mpg, as little as 16 mpg on a cold winters morning . Motorway run at steady 70, 30.8 mpg. Wales run, over the 3 days 25.0 mpg. Economy run to step daughter in Sandbach and back (70 miles) 32 in my Zed, 28 in Caroline's roadster. She's averaged 21.6 in the almost 4 years she's owned hers but she changes up gears at around 4k compared to my 3k.

Pete

French Autoroute from Grenoble to Reims last week. 365 miles with the cruise set most of the way between 78 and 84mph gave us 33 MPG. Can't complain at that at all.

I seemed to average mpg much higher mpg in France.

I suspect the fact roads are fairly flat and smooth tarmac may be a factor.

160 mile round trip from Essex to Whipsnade yesterday got me this.

I was kind of trying though, or rather, being aware not to keep blatting the throttle for a quick grin.

Pretty pleased if I'm honest.

ynupymyb.jpg